Thread: Brook lopez

Default Brook lopez

+25 last night

bucks are bringing it home because of this guy, rock solid defender capable of dropping buckets. Low key becoming one of my favorite players in the league, his timely blocks on durant are a huge reason they're here and are gonna win it all.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Default Re: Brook lopez

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    +25 last night

bucks are bringing it home because of this guy, rock solid defender capable of dropping buckets. Low key becoming one of my favorite players in the league, his timely blocks on durant are a huge reason they're here and are gonna win it all.
    He's a good ****ing defender and has always been good for the bucks in the 3 playoff runs he's had with them. People keep talking about teams playing him off the court but apart from 1 game here or there, he's never been played off the court in a full series he's just too smart for that to happen. KD couldn't do it, Kyrie couldn't do it, kawhi couldn't do it, trae couldn't do it, no one can. He made all-defensive second team last year and was one of the 3 DPOY candidates if i remember correctly. CP3 and devin booker aren't going to abuse him like people seem to be expecting, they might have a game where they make him struggle but they for a whole series? Nah

Brook spent his life near the rim for almost a decade. Then suddenly stretches the floor only. Crazy. But when I told some jackass here Vlade Divac in today’s game would have added a 3 and been effective. They couldn’t see it. I guess because there isn’t an advance stat for them that takes one eras production into another era.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Brook spent his life near the rim for almost a decade. Then suddenly stretches the floor only. Crazy. But when I told some jackass here Vlade Divac in today’s game would have added a 3 and been effective. They couldn’t see it. I guess because there isn’t an advance stat for them that takes one eras production into another era.
    lol advanced stats... the tale of a true non hooper

So Lebron could have had Brook Lopez but the Lakers didn't renew him in 2018. yikes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Brook Lopez has always been a jumpshooting finesse center even back on the nets. I remember he owned Bynum and Pau.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Brook Lopez has always been a jumpshooting finesse center even back on the nets. I remember he owned Bynum and Pau.

No he wasn’t. Over half his career he spent closer to the rim and didn’t venture out to the 3pt shot. It was only until 4 seasons ago where he did the exact opposite. Now he lives behind the arc where damn near half if not more of his shots are from 3. He’s always been a center who scored close to the rim. You didn’t watch him enough. It happens.

Played 8 seasons before his 9th where he exploded shooting a lot of 3’s. He’s played 13 seasons. 8 is almost a decade. A decade is 10. You’re welcome

No he wasn’t. Over half his career he spent closer to the rim and didn’t venture out to the 3pt shot. It was only until 4 seasons ago where he did the exact opposite. Now he lives behind the arc where damn near half if not more of his shots are from 3. He’s always been a center who scored close to the rim. You didn’t watch him enough. It happens.
    Brook Lopez wasn't primarily a banger dude. He always had a smooth jumper from anywhere. He obviously didn't spot up for 3s when he was the first option and best player on the Nets. He operated in mid to long 2pt range with a sweet high arcing jumper out of face up and the post. I watched him for years. You dont know what you're talking about.

For reference, a pure inside scorer like Shaq took 50-60% of his shots from 0-3 feet. Brook Lopez in his highest scoring season in 2011, where I saw Dirk ice him live in Prudential, took only 24% of his shots from 0-3 feet.

He's ALWAYS had a sweet jumper. The new 3pt format just unlocked it further. He only had problems with passing out of double teams. Doesn't have to worry about that on the Bucks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Played 8 seasons before his 9th where he exploded shooting a lot of 3’s. He’s played 13 seasons. 8 is almost a decade. A decade is 10. You’re welcome
    10 4 ... this Hawks series he was pretty much reverting back to old , because they needed him in the paint.
    The Suns series , he will need to board and keep Suns center off the glass.
    Playing good Defense against the Suns is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Brook Lopez wasn't primarily a banger dude. He always had a smooth jumper from anywhere. He obviously didn't spot up for 3s when he was the first option and best player on the Nets. He operated in mid to long 2pt range with a sweet high arcing jumper out of face up and the post. I watched him for years. You dont know what you're talking about.
    Who said he couldn’t shoot? The Shaq reference was dumb. No one said he was a dominant interior scorer. You did. Sorry your comprehension skills are lacking. I said he scored more closer to the rim than he did from 3. That’s just facts. Who said he didn’t have a mid range jumper? No one. The implication of him stretching the floor means shooting behind the arc. That’s never been reserved for mid range jumpers. Like ever. Tally up the pts he scored at the rim vs behind the arc his first 8 years. But you saw him tho. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    10 4 ... this Hawks series he was pretty much reverting back to old , because they needed him in the paint.
    The Suns series , he will need to board and keep Suns center off the glass.
    Playing good Defense against the Suns is a must.
    Yup. I enjoyed seeing him revert back to old. Sometimes he tends to hang outside a little too much for my liking when he can score closer. Not knocking him as a 3pt shooter just saying sometimes he has advantages he should take.

bump

bitches

He's ok but the Bucks best lineup against the Suns was with Giannis at center. I feel like Suns made it a point to put him in pick and rolls and force him to cover Booker or CP3. It was tiring to watch and every game I would hope the Bucks would play Lopez a few mins and be done with him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    He's ok but the Bucks best lineup against the Suns was with Giannis at center. I feel like Suns made it a point to put him in pick and rolls and force him to cover Booker or CP3. It was tiring to watch and every game I would hope the Bucks would play Lopez a few mins and be done with him.
    He switched way to early , and then he backed off , and never guarded them.... Game 6 , if you watch it again , he was literally a non-factor.
    All series I stated he had to guard Ayton one on one , and board hard to keep Ayton away from 13+ points and 10+ rebounds.
    Lopez did not do that .... If Bucks could get Ayton , I take him in a second over Lopez.