Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Suns 2018 Draft Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    i still can't gauge if OP is trolling or not. there posters on this forum who discuss basketball (or other topics) with a serious intention...then there are trolls that just start threads because of an agenda. i guess that's why i am aggressive to OP, i am thinking of him as a troll.
    You may be right. BTW, I think the board has gotten a bit better in the last year or so. Early on back in the EZboard days it was civil with very long threads and comments. (No youtube and no league pass... so it was basically text and some pics.) The best years for me for the 2001-2010 years. After that a new generation came and trolling became prevalent. It got worse and worse. I may be imagining things but it shows signs of improvement lately. (Now only 60% of screennames are trolls. We were above 80% at some point.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H View Post
    The point is he knew Luka would be a stud and he wanted the Suns to draft him. His poor coaching is irrelevant to his skills as a talent evaluator. The Suns could have traded for someone like Steven Adams instead of CP3 for a better fit. MPJ at his peak imo will average 25 PPG. The best is yet to come.

Luka
    Booker
    Crowder
    MPJ
    Adams
    crowder is only on the suns because CP3 lured him here.

it doesn't even matter to me if this conversation continues, you know what does matter? that the suns are in the playoffs and the mavericks are not. luka is clearly a top 10 player, but the suns followed their vision and have built a competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    You may be right. BTW, I think the board has gotten a bit better in the last year or so. Early on back in the EZboard days it was civil with very long threads and comments. (No youtube and no league pass... so it was basically text and some pics.) The best years for me for the 2001-2010 years. After that a new generation came and trolling became prevalent. It got worse and worse. I may be imagining things but it shows signs of improvement lately. (Now only 60% of screennames are trolls. We were above 80% at some point.)
    there has been more recent "basketball" discussion as opposed to lebron threads, but i agree with you that after 2010 the trolling intensified. probably because jeff gave up on moderating the forum, not that he was super hands on but he used to give somewhat of a shit, now he just gave up completely.

there has been more recent "basketball" discussion as opposed to lebron threads, but i agree with you that after 2010 the trolling intensified. probably because jeff gave up on moderating the forum, not that he was super hands on but he used to give somewhat of a shit, now he just gave up completely.
    Partly Jeff.

Partly the polarizing nature of both Kobe and LeBron playing (at a high level) and opposing fanbases (with many many really young people) which lead to a few alts... and then more alts... and then trolling all over the place. It will get better once LeBron is irrelevant enough. After him no superstars of his or Kobe's magnitude. It will help more interesting discussion (and give headaches at the Marketing Division of the NBA).

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Partly Jeff.

Partly the polarizing nature of both Kobe and LeBron playing (at a high level) and opposing fanbases (with many many really young people) which lead to a few alts... and then more alts... and then trolling all over the place. It will get better once LeBron is irrelevant enough. After him no superstars of his or Kobe's magnitude. It will help more interesting discussion (and give headaches at the Marketing Division of the NBA).
    I would put Luka in the same magnitude of Kobe/Bron (at least that's where he seems to be headed), but so far he hasn't gotten an annoying fanbase like those 2 other players. hopefully it stays that way,

Local High School Star

retarded take. Drafting Luka would almost mean Booker being gone and Porter Jr was seen as a massive risk given his injury history. Nuggets were in a prime position to take a big risk in MPJ, whereas the Suns were pressed for time to put together a competitive team as Booker wasn't going to stay content with the current state of the team. Plus, the better fit was Ayton and still is. Obviously Luka is one hell of a player, but you have zero understanding of what a front office bent on risk-averse decisions must do to improve their time while their back is to the wall.

You don't alienate your best player and make risky picks when you're desperate to form a competitive team. Well, not if you care about your job. Desperation can result in catastrophic situations, or if you stick to the overall vision, it can result in a competitive team as are the Suns.

Bridges is an excellent defender and significantly better than MPJ. His offense is coming along, may never be as good a shooter as MPJ but his 3nD is another excellent fit to the team needs.

This isn't NBA 2K, but then again, the maturity level of you people and lack of basketball knowledge is laughable.

Honestly, if you lose Devin Booker than so be it lmaoo. Whenever you can draft the next Magic Johnson or Larry Bird or LeBron, you do it and screw everything else. Also, Booker is a decent shooter and could play off ball some. Basically Luka is like a bigger CP3. They would've made the playoffs last year. They might even contend honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92 View Post
    Honestly, if you lose Devin Booker than so be it lmaoo. Whenever you can draft the next Magic Johnson or Larry Bird or LeBron, you do it and screw everything else. Also, Booker is a decent shooter and could play off ball some. Basically Luka is like a bigger CP3. They would've made the playoffs last year. They might even contend honestly.

I think Luka surprised many people. He sure surprised me. I thought he has a chance of becoming good. But not this fast and not nearly this good. I think there were many such people. Ayton looked like a much safer bet at the time. You couldn't really know if Luka is Darko 2.0 or Rubio or Gallo or... Luka. Okay. you may have thought a better Rubio. But not this good. (Trae Young also surprised me. And Jokic... beyond belief.)