Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Tell me what makes Kobe Bryant better than Bradley Beal or Devin Booker

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I'll give you credit, you made a bold statement about Booker that you can actually back up right now. But I repeat, Bradley Beal is not even in the vicinity of Kobe. You'd be basing that solely off the fact he scored 30 ppg a couple of times on losing teams. The man is in the heart of his prime and has recorded 5 losing seasons in a row, you can't possibly believe prime Kobe isn't doing better than that

And yeah, I wouldn't have really given much thought to a Booker/Beal comparison 2 years ago, but even by Bookers first playoff series he already played better than Beal ever did in the playoffs. Now? The comparison is laughable.

You can boast about your Booker call, but you were dead wrong about Beal.
    2 years ago Beal had a better scoring season than Kobe ever had. And its not even close. The last 2 years hes been injured and in and out the ineup.

Hes still that same payer. If he was healthy which he will be again, on a better squad, he would be doing more Kobe-ish things.

Same for laVine by the way.

There just isnt much more that Kobe gives a team than what those guys do.

Default Re: Tell me what makes Kobe Bryant better than Bradley Beal or Devin Booker

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I've always thought Kobe was overrated and used to get in arguments about it all the time. People here used to compare him to Jordan and later LeBron but fortunately that nonsense has died down.

But comparing Kobe to Booker and especially Beal is just trolling.
    Booker is having the GOAT scoring run and this dumbass thinks comparing him to Kobe is trolling
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 05-08-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    that's why

kobe was an elite man defender and had the willpower to drop 35 for a season

that puts him clearly above booker. we wont even touch a comparison to any other guard in the league.

booker might come close to the scoring but he isnt the best man defender in the league. thats what kobe was.
    Bro c'mon, no he was not

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    OP got his shit pushed in at school and consulted ISH for help because he has no friends irl
    He snitched too, IIRC

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    He snitched too, IIRC
    and he went to the nurses office to get an ice pack

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Bro c'mon, no he was not
    the gap between kobe and booker and beal's defense is so big that compared to them he is practically the best defender in the league

kobe was an elite perimeter defender and booker and beal are not

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    2 years ago Beal had a better scoring season than Kobe ever had. And its not even close. The last 2 years hes been injured and in and out the ineup.

Hes still that same payer. If he was healthy which he will be again, on a better squad, he would be doing more Kobe-ish things.

Same for laVine by the way.

There just isnt much more that Kobe gives a team than what those guys do.
    What are you basing the bolded off of, efficiency? I'm way too lazy to do the research, but I bet Kobe's efficiency in '03/'06/'07 relative to era was at worst comparable to Beal's.

And as ridiculous as Beal is, Zach LaVine is straight up 3ball level shit posting. I'd like to see you construct an argument where LaVine is comparable to Kobe.

I think Kobe is one of the most overrated players in league history, but you legitimately don't even seem to think he was an ATG.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    the gap between kobe and booker and beal's defense is so big that compared to them he is practically the best defender in the league

kobe was an elite perimeter defender and booker and beal are not

kobe notoriousy stopped giving af on defense after 02 or so

Phil Jackson said so himself

by 2010 he was absolutey maiing it in

his 2013 defense is probably the worst perimeter defense in history

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Booker is having the GOAT scoring run and this dumbass things comparing him to Kobe is trolling

You made this thread in 2021 dumbass

And booker's scoring run, while epic no doubt, is 9 games long. Two words: sample size

It was a lot tougher to score in Kobe's era. He has two scoring titles averaging 31+ and 5 playoff runs averaging 30+.

I always found him hard to watch at times because he forced up so many long, contested jumpers. However his career TS is only slightly worse than booker's in a much tougher era on much higher volume.

I think you have a drinking problem.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

This post should make OP banned for “basketball reasons”

OP with too much free time. Find better hobbies than trolling on the internet

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio View Post
    Op clearly a boxscore watcher.
    OP clearly a virgin