Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Luka has solved today's spaced-out beginner format but Paul Pierce seems better t

Pierce can't dribble, finish, pass, or shoot long range like Luka. He's got midrange shooting on him tho.

Default Re: Luka has solved today's spaced-out beginner format but Paul Pierce seems better t

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Pierce can't dribble, finish, pass, or shoot long range like Luka. He's got midrange shooting on him tho.
    Well if pierce played in this era he’d be totally different and better it’s not fair to pierce tbh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Well if pierce played in this era he’d be totally different and better it’s not fair to pierce tbh
    Still I don't remember pierce having lukas level of body control when finishing. Or his ridiculous range 3pt streak shooting. Or his passing ability. Pierce is a better pure mid range scorer but he wasn't showing true MVP flashes like luka is doing now. He's great player but not MVP level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    We don't know that for sure though. It's like saying today's bigs would dominate yesteryear if they didn't botch themselves by ignoring the post and practicing jumpers all the time.

Compared to the past, it's easier for perimeter players today and harder for bigs.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The numbers aren’t even worth comparing. The leagues are too different. Even ignoring the defense allowed to be played....Luka might never play a team setting out to keep the scores in the 80s off slowing down the game and refusing to comply when you pick up the tempo. There’s a reason Zach Lavine does 27 on 51/42 in only 35 minutes while Kobe did 27 on 43 at the same age playing 41 minutes a game. And the reason isn’t offensive ability.

Just talking skills?

Luka has better handles(though not by as much as people seem to think) and is a much better passer. Finishing, shooting, and general scoring skill set?

Naaaah. Hes not above Pierce.

He’s better than Pierce in the fact that he can carry a team

Quote Originally Posted by Pip' N Rodman View Post
    And LeBron destroyed Pierce whenever it mattered (2011, 2012, 2014), thanks OP

Lite work

R.I.P. OP

6 CHAMPIONSHIPS, PAL. DABIGSALSISHA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    His handle is more pure-guard and more fundamentally-sound than Parker's

Parker actually had poor dribbling form but his quickness took care of things

Luka is a rare big that has pure guard form like Lebron, but he's a jumpshooter too - like a less athletic Penny, who was great off-the-dribble and had jumpshooting skill - he just didn't play in today's high screen format.

Btw, Pierce's handle was about as pure as it gets - a 6'8" Baron Davis handle that could double as a big man
    I disagree Luka's game has absolutely nothing to do with Penny Hardaway's game. Anfernee's vision of the game was on another level as he was considered the next Magic Johnson by many. Hardaway also was more skilled with the ball.
    He was asked to be shaq's butler. Penny's defense was also way better than Luka is so far.

Penny could never shoot like Luka, forget it, Luka is an incredible shooter. Just unbelievable.

I agree with all the rest you said.

Decent playground baller

Paul Pierce averaged seven rebounds once. Ever. He averaged five assists in a season ... wait for it. Once.

If he didn’t play with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo we would be comparing him to World B Free.

Give Doncic Garnett, Allen and Rondo right now, at whatever age they currently are, and the Mavs might win it all this year Give him those three at the age they were when Pierce played with them and the Mavs would sleep walk to a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Druckenmiller View Post
    Paul Pierce averaged seven rebounds once. Ever. He averaged five assists in a season ... wait for it. Once.

If he didn’t play with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo we would be comparing him to World B Free.

Give Doncic Garnett, Allen and Rondo right now, at whatever age they currently are, and the Mavs might win it all this year Give him those three at the age they were when Pierce played with them and the Mavs would sleep walk to a title.
    What KG & Allen are 45 years old

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    What KG & Allen are 45 years old
    Doncic ain’t winning ish with them lol

Decent playground baller

KG at 45 is tougher than PoorzingAss on any day.