Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Realistically is there anyone that can break Wilt's countless records.

Wilt was way ahead of his time so to do what he did someone would have to be 30-50 years ahead of current times.

Default Re: Realistically is there anyone that can break Wilt's countless records.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalmarker99 View Post
    His triple-double record for the regular season is in the 400's and his triple-double record for the postseason is in the '60s or 70's which is insane to think about.

I know for a fact in every game 7 he played throughout his postseason career he had over 6 to 7 triple-doubles in them which disproves the argument that he is a choke artist in the postseason.
    Well, I hope some of those games will eventually surface, because, while in theory Wilt has dozens, if not hundreds of such games, in practice I haven't seen any full (or close to full) game of his that belongs there. On the contrary, I've seen a couple of games in which he doesn't record more than 1-2 blocks.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas View Post
    Well, I hope some of those games will eventually surface, because, while in theory Wilt has dozens, if not hundreds of such games, in practice I haven't seen any full (or close to full) game of his that belongs there. On the contrary, I've seen a couple of games in which he doesn't record more than 1-2 blocks.

Well I know he had

14 blocks vs Russell in the 1962 Ecf game 7 and 12 blocks vs Russell in the 1968 Ecf game 7 along with 10 blocks in game 7 of the 1969 finals.

Also In the footage, I have been able to see of him against Kareem in the 1971 and 1972 Wcf along with the Suns in 1970 and Bulls in 1971 Wilt is a blocking and sometimes stealing machine and this is him post knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio View Post
    Wilt was way ahead of his time so to do what he did someone would have to be 30-50 years ahead of current times.
    That's what made him so incredibly special. His dominance stood above all others', unlike other eras (even older than his), when you'd have trouble making out who the most dominant player really was. E.g, shooting 55% in a league where a zillion others (including offensively challenged players and players who hadn't reached such percentages in past years while being better versions of themselves) do the same, isn't nearly as impressive as being the only guy in the league that manages to do so.

14 blocks vs Russell in the 1962 Ecf game 7 and 12 blocks vs Russell in the 1968 Ecf game 7 along with 10 blocks in game 7 of the 1969 finals.
    Good, I knew he had a lot of blocks in that 1962 ECF game, because even Cousy praised him, and Cousy wasn't much of a fan. So, he played much better than the simplistic "season low in scoring" narrative says. Someone can't be praising Russell's game and yet think Wilt played badly at the same time.
    1968 ECF 7 is more important to know, because this is among his most criticized games, despite his 34 rebounds, 5 assists, all these while being injured etc. If he had anywhere near 10 blocks while being injured, I have a hard time criticizing him, when no-one else (at least among bigs) has proven he's done better under similar conditions.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas View Post
    That's what made him so incredibly special. His dominance stood above all others, unlike other eras (even older than his) when you'd have trouble making out who the most dominant player really was. E.g, shooting 55% in a league where a zillion others (including offensively challenged players and players who hadn't reached such percentages in past years while being better versions of themselves) do the same, isn't nearly as impressive as being the only guy in the league that manages to do so.

To fully understand Wilt if you have ever seen some remastered footage of his rookie season or his other Warrior seasons you will quickly notice just how quick Wilt is along with his strength and jumping ability.

Also when you watch Wilt's Warrior teammates outlet to him on the fast break Wilt just blows by everybody and dunks it.

It's honestly scary much how freakish of an athlete Wilt was when you see the footage of his prime years then you start to understand why he was so unstoppable for most of his career.

In his first game ever he had 43 points and 28 rebounds to go along with 17 blocks but that was not what impressed me the most what personally impressed me the most about Wilt during that game was his freakish ability on the fastbreak and the way he could leap high into the air to grab shots.
    Last edited by coastalmarker99; 06-03-2021 at 12:29 PM.

College superstar

I dont know how true this is but from what I understand, they were allowing Wilt to be hacked moreso because of his size advantage.

Wilt was penalized for being physically better than everyone else. Lebron today is being rewarded by letting him drive and ward off and not be touched on the drive by defenders.

I cant imagine what Wilt would do if the refs call a foul on the defender everyone Wilt makes a move.

Most likely there will be rule changes some time in the future which will end up breaking seemingly unbreakable records.

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    I dont know how true this is but from what I understand, they were allowing Wilt to be hacked moreso because of his size advantage.

Wilt was penalized for being physically better than everyone else. Lebron today is being rewarded by letting him drive and ward off and not be touched on the drive by defenders.

I cant imagine what Wilt would do if the refs call a foul on the defender everyone Wilt makes a move.
    Guys like Lebron, Kawhi and other strong perimeter players get hacked and bumped way more than they offensive foul.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

7602 is beyond unbreakable

leking remains on top

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    No because it was a different era and the stats were completely inflated back then
    Having scrub teammates in his prime also played a part on that too