Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Curry is the most overrated player in history

Curry at his absolute best is one of the most exciting players to watch, and undoubtably one of the best players ever.

Ridiculous that he lost out an FMVP to Iggy when he was quite clearly the FMVP of that series.

Morning meltdown.

Love it.

More dangerous offensive player than Jordan.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Curry is the greatest offensive player of all time and will be top when he retires. Cry about it.
    This is a joke right?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    He relies on today's high-screen, drive-and-kick strategy.

This strategy allows 3-point shooters to stand and wait for kickouts, thus adding to the attempts they get off-the-dribble or off screens - if Curry had to run off screens with a defender stuck to him like Reggie Miller had to do, he would barely get off 5 theees a game..

Curry actually took 5 threes a game for 3 straight years and was a 19 ppg scorer, but then the league strategy became the aforementioned 3-point contest, which allowed Curry's production to reach elite levels.

Ultimately, he's just a 3-point shooter, so he's 1-dimensional.
    I don't know if he's the most overrated. Most experts have him right around where he should be. Somewhere in between 15-20 all time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

This guy seriously thinks curry just stands and waits for 3s lmao. When he's probably the best off ball route runner of all time and is doubled all game.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    This guy seriously thinks curry just stands and waits for 3s lmao. When he's probably the best off ball route runner of all time and is doubled all game.
    Remember Steph isn’t as good a shot maker as Gail Goodrich.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    He's definitely one of the greatest off ball movers. As far as him being doubled alot it's mostly because of the rules and 1000 screens a game he gets. You can't fight through screens anymore so you only have 2 options when defending the screens. You can switch and your often left with a mismatch where curry can put a big on skates or you can double the ball. If curry didn't get a 1000 screens a game he wouldn't get doubled as much.

College superstar

Why don’t all the other players just do what you described then? Based on that everybody is overrated.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1 View Post
    Why don’t all the other players just do what you described then? Based on that everybody is overrated.
    Alot of them do its just Watch the games it's pretty much all the same. Set a screen and the defense will either switch or double the ball or screener. It depends on who the ball handler and screener are. If the ball handler isn't a major threat they'll just switch. If the ball handler is a great scorer they'll double the ball. If the screener is a better scorer than the ball handler alot of the times the they'll double the screener. In years past it was much easier dealing with screens because you could just blow through the screen. You can't make contact with the screener under the new rules so that's no longer an option. These rules were intended to benefit perimeter shooters and steph being the greatest shooter ever obviously takes advantage of them more than anyone

Curry is all-time great however yes he is a little overrated. Curry is dangerous one of best offensive players we have seen the greatest shooter ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Oh **** I actually didn’t I just forgot he played peak Bird. I could actually argue Curry is better than Bird peak for peak tbh. I’m aware Curry has had his bad moments in the playoffs but so did Bird. In Bird’s defense he was used poorly considering how good of a shooter he was due to playing in a time where the 3 wasn’t valued nearly enough. His impact today could be even higher considering this. Still, I am really high on Curry despite the fact that I can’t stand him. Idk if people will ever realize how good he is (no I’m not talking about casual idiots who call him the GOAT).

"James puts up a three. Ohh it's good! LeBron James from downtown!"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The thing that baffles my mind is he says curry should play more like Reggie Miller... He literally plays exactly like Reggie but with a more complicated route tree. And the ability to dribble through traffic and finish every type of reverse layup imaginable.

How is he overrated? Does any other player draw as much defensive attention as he does in today's NBA? No one was near Lebron on his game-winning shot, Steph would have had 3 guys on him in the same situation. He was the only legitimate shot-maker on the Warriors and still put up an efficient 37 in a big game. I don't see how that loss is on him, the Lakers flat out dominated the Warriors once they stopped ****ing around and put AD at the 5 and opened up the paint for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    This strategy allows 3-point shooters to stand and wait for kickouts
    Saying Curry just stands around waiting to shoot 3s is one of the dumbest ****ing things I've ever read here on ISH and I've been here since before it changed to vBulletin.