Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Curry is the most overrated player in history

He relies on today's high-screen, drive-and-kick strategy.

This strategy allows 3-point shooters to stand and wait for kickouts, thus adding to the attempts they get off-the-dribble or off screens - if Curry had to run off screens with a defender stuck to him like Reggie Miller had to do, he would barely get off 5 theees a game..

Curry actually took 5 threes a game for 3 straight years and was a 19 ppg scorer, but then the league strategy became the aforementioned 3-point contest, which allowed Curry's production to reach elite levels.

Ultimately, he's just a 3-point shooter, so he's 1-dimensional.

Default Re: Curry is the most overrated player in history

Curry is the greatest offensive player of all time and will be top when he retires. Cry about it.

If Curry was Jordan's rival he'd do a complete 180 on the subject and endlessly hype the shit out of him

Morning meltdown.

Love it.

More dangerous offensive player than Jordan.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Funny watching random Lebron haters who pretend to think you’re reasonable try to downplay the insanity of everything else you say so they can keep nodding in agreement at the anti Lebron nonsense. That’s always the best part of a non Lebron topic of yours. The selective acknowledgment that you have no clue. I’m sure that will be starting soon.

Bad as your Lebron and pippen takes are when you dip your toe into a discussion of anyone else your normal idiocy seems profound in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Funny watching random Lebron haters who pretend to think you’re reasonable try to downplay the insanity of everything else you say so they can keep nodding in agreement at the anti Lebron nonsense. That’s always the best part of a non Lebron topic of yours. The selective acknowledgment that you have no clue. I’m sure that will be starting soon.

Bad as your Lebron and pippen takes are when you dip your toe into a discussion of anyone else your normal idiocy seems profound in comparison.
    But this is 100% a LeBron topic. It's not a coincidence the guy affiliated with LeBron's greatest achievement and arguably his biggest rival gets the "most overrated player in history" label

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    But this is 100% a LeBron topic. It's not a coincidence the guy affiliated with LeBron's greatest achievement and arguably his biggest rival gets the "most overrated player in history" label
    Curry has a pretty strong case for best offensive player of all time so I can see why he might feel threatened by him too. Obviously MJ>Curry because of the massive difference in defense, don’t get me wrong. I think Curry can make the top 10, but few of the top 10 weren’t elite on both ends. The only one who was considered a subpar defender was Magic and he is also in the running for GOAT offensive player.

He pretty much changed the game. I mean, how can he be overrated?

People might not like it but what can ya do?

He's better than MJ's old rival Miller btw.

OP in his feelings this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    He pretty much changed the game. I mean, how can he be overrated?

People might not like it but what can ya do?

He's better than MJ's old rival Miller btw.
    He’s better than anyone MJ ever played in a series tbh. Old Magic and young Shaq don’t count.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    He’s better than anyone MJ ever played in a series tbh. Old Magic and young Shaq don’t count.
    He's not better than Bird But I assume you mean anyone Jordan ever beat in a series

He's not better than Bird But I assume you mean anyone Jordan ever beat in a series
    Oh **** I actually didn’t I just forgot he played peak Bird. I could actually argue Curry is better than Bird peak for peak tbh. I’m aware Curry has had his bad moments in the playoffs but so did Bird. In Bird’s defense he was used poorly considering how good of a shooter he was due to playing in a time where the 3 wasn’t valued nearly enough. His impact today could be even higher considering this. Still, I am really high on Curry despite the fact that I can’t stand him. Idk if people will ever realize how good he is (no I’m not talking about casual idiots who call him the GOAT).
    Last edited by RRR3; 05-20-2021 at 07:38 AM.

But i thought op is a fan of scoring and ppg? Aren't they the things that he would look at when judging a player's capabilities?

College star

If Curry was Jordan's rival he'd do a complete 180 on the subject and endlessly hype the shit out of him
    Yep. Look at how he salivates at all of MJ's opponents. If Curry was in the 90s and Chicago faced his team, 3ball would be praising him to no end.

Most overrated my ass.
    Last edited by HoopsNY; 05-20-2021 at 08:36 AM.

I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Curry is the greatest offensive player of all time and will be top when he retires. Cry about it.
    He’s never hit a big shot. A few people in his own country care about him and all of China. Cultural hero!