Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3138394041
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

clyde is a top 50 player ... nough said...

Butler hasn't won a fvck'n thing

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Butler has been pretty subpar since the 1st round... Oh well his expectations are pretty low anyways. Kind of shows he isn't THAT GOOD to begin with. I don't think he ever surpasses Drexler on the all-time list even if he is a better player at his peak.
    Once he got hurt, he was never the same. But it's whatever. Injuries happen. I think he is at Tatum's tier in the POs. I think he showed it constantly in 2020, 2022, and 2023. It isn't a fluke I think if it happens more than once, but there is a difference between him and next tier of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Once he got hurt, he was never the same. But it's whatever. Injuries happen. I think he is at Tatum's tier in the POs. I think he showed it constantly in 2020, 2022, and 2023. It isn't a fluke I think if it happens more than once, but there is a difference between him and next tier of stars.
    He's like a Reggie Miller. Also, when did he get hurt?

NBA lottery pick

Drexler would have beaten Jokic. Dame beat Jokic when Jokic had HCA.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    He's like a Reggie Miller. Also, when did he get hurt?
    Knicks series. The ankle was swollen. I think he showed it again either in the boston series or right before the finals. It was still swollen. It usually takes a month for it to heal.

Idk if he had another injury. You could see his explosion was gone tho in comparison to the Bucks series.

But still, you have to fight through injuries sometimes. LeBron fought through it in the POs, and did solid. Butler didn't do as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Knicks series. The ankle was swollen. I think he showed it again either in the boston series or right before the finals. It was still swollen. It usually takes a month for it to heal.

Idk if he had another injury. You could see his explosion was gone tho in comparison to the Bucks series.

But still, you have to fight through injuries sometimes. LeBron fought through it in the POs, and did solid. Butler didn't do as good.
    Clyde Drexler was injured the entire 1992 playoff run and got knee surgery after the Olympics but no one EVER brings that up. He was never the same after 92.

College star

Butler has been pretty subpar since the 1st round... Oh well his expectations are pretty low anyways. Kind of shows he isn't THAT GOOD to begin with. I don't think he ever surpasses Drexler on the all-time list even if he is a better player at his peak.
    If he's better at his peak, then he's better as a player. But I don't think his peak is necessarily better. I think a lot of people are really underrating Drexler given how well he competed against elite defenses like Chicago and Detroit in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    If he's better at his peak, then he's better as a player. But I don't think his peak is necessarily better. I think a lot of people are really underrating Drexler given how well he competed against elite defenses like Chicago and Detroit in the finals.
    Career rankings also weigh accomplishments heavily. Drexler finishing 2nd in MVP voting and being 1st Team All-NBA are bigger accomplishments than any of Butler's. I know playoffs matter more but Butler was probably never even a top 10 player in the league in the regular season.

And yes like you said it's not clear cut who is better. Especially if one weighs the regular season as well. But anyways even if the consensus is that Butler is better it doesn't mean he passes Drexler on the all time list.

College star

Career rankings also weigh accomplishments heavily. Drexler finishing 2nd in MVP voting and being 1st Team All-NBA are bigger accomplishments than any of Butler's. I know playoffs matter more but Butler was probably never even a top 10 player in the league in the regular season.

And yes like you said it's not clear cut who is better. Especially if one weighs the regular season as well. But anyways even if the consensus is that Butler is better it doesn't mean he passes Drexler on the all time list.
    Yea career rankings are different. Agree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Clyde Drexler was injured the entire 1992 playoff run and got knee surgery after the Olympics but no one EVER brings that up. He was never the same after 92.

Yeah, we don't mention a lot of injuries.

They don't bring up MJ ankle injury either in 91. And he had a toe injury. No one cares cuz he played so well and he won the chip.

They also don't bring up Kobe injury in 2010. I think he had bone spurs and something was wrong with his hand. No one cares cuz he won.

I think Bird had a messed up hand in 85.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Very good NBA starter

^ These are the best

Serves the floppers right.