Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Default Re: Could you ERASE Lebron's entire career by removing cap space?

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Big 3 Celtics, Kobe-Gasol Lakers and 2015 and 2016 Warriors weren't built through free agency bub...
    That doesn't mean they could have formed or stayed in place with with lower caps. You're imagining a system where LeBron has one set of rules artificially limiting his ability to have quality teammates, while leaving in place a system that allows other teams to gather plenty of talent, then using that as a way to criticise his expected inability to compete given that unbalanced system. Why should anyone fault him for not winning when some teams get to stack the deck he can't respond in a similar manner?

Imagine a world where Curry didn't have Green, Thompson and Durant, where Duncan didn't have Parker, Ginobli and Leonard,, where Shaq and Kobe didn't get to play together, where Jordan didn't have Pippen and Grant/Rodman, where Magic didn't have Kareem and Worthy, where Bird didn't have McHale and Parish, where Russell didn't have Cousey and Heinsohn. Yes take great players off the rosters and the greats who won all those titles don't win as many. That's not exactly a revelation. Why do you single out LeBron for criticism when everyone in the all time top 5 and 10 other than Hakeem had great teammates for most of their careers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie View Post
    That doesn't mean they could have formed or stayed in place with with lower caps. You're imagining a system where LeBron has one set of rules artificially limiting his ability to have quality teammates, while leaving in place a system that allows other teams to gather plenty of talent, then using that as a way to criticise his expected inability to compete given that unbalanced system. Why should anyone fault him for not winning when some teams get to stack the deck he can't respond in a similar manner?

Imagine a world where Curry didn't have Green, Thompson and Durant, where Duncan didn't have Parker, Ginobli and Leonard,, where Shaq and Kobe didn't get to play together, where Jordan didn't have Pippen and Grant/Rodman, where Magic didn't have Kareem and Worthy, where Bird didn't have McHale and Parish, where Russell didn't have Cousey and Heinsohn. Yes take great players off the rosters and the greats who won all those titles don't win as many. That's not exactly a revelation. Why do you single out LeBron for criticism when everyone in the all time top 5 and 10 other than Hakeem had great teammates for most of their careers?
    What are you talking about? With no free cap space all those teams you listed could still be built through trades and draft.

Plus I don't think you realize but teams in the 80's and 90's had way lower salary caps. That's one of the reasons (there were other like bird rights etc.) that teams had trouble signing big free agents at all. As a LeStankovich you must know that the only reason Bulls could keep Pippen is that he took a massive pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    I think you're confusing cap space and cap limit. I meant cap space.
    I thought you meant salary cap. Cap space doesn't make any sense. Do you mean the rosters would get filled out with 12th men?

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Lebron without the 4th year team jump kangaroo mode would've been Just like Karl Malone. A great loser. Lots of total numbers and lots of early fishing trips

4th year is looming folks, time to jump ship and spend more money on a new jersey lol

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie View Post
    What is the premise of this thread? Are you asking about a world where everyone, but LeBron gets cap space so they're free to build super teams but he isn't? Pretty sure people would see that setup as one where the odds are stacked against him and give him a pass for not winning.

Are you envisioning a lower cap so his team doesn't have room to sign multiple marquee players? That would limit the ability of teams like the Celtics, Lakers and Spurs from 2008-14 and Warriors from 2015 and on to form as they did. This would mean LeBron would have an easier time getting to and winning the finals with lesser casts which would probably end up boosting his legacy as the "he had to team hop and form super teams" narrative dies.

What he did with no star in 2015, a "star" who was injured and ineffective most of the post season in 2018, and one strong sidekick and supporting cast when past his prime in 2020 suggest that in a league with fewer top heavy teams LeBron would thrive.

the premise is smole brain syndrome

He would just team up with other players in a large market.

What an idiotic thread.

LeBron never would have had to team up if they had added 2 new teams right in time for his prime. Imagine all those stacked teams he went up against minus 2-3 key role players.

Quote Originally Posted by 2much_knowledge View Post
    Lebron without the 4th year team jump kangaroo mode would've been Just like Karl Malone. A great loser. Lots of total numbers and lots of early fishing trips

4th year is looming folks, time to jump ship and spend more money on a new jersey lol
    4 >>>>>>> 3

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    4 >>>>>>> 3
    Are you excited for that new team jersey? Lol

Save up

I remember when OP said he might just leave the board because he was sick of all the trolling. How times change.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I remember when OP said he might just leave the board because he was sick of all the trolling. How times change.
    Sick of Pro LeBron trolling is what he meant. He’s fine if it’s anti LeBron.

College superstar

op is under the impression jordan didn't play with talent. collusion is just another way of saying "fielding help". but that's exactly what jordan had throughout the 90s.

5 out of 6 championships jordan was favored in.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Did Lebron ever play on a team that was so stacked they could win 55 games without him?
    Yes:

I changed my mind. Gotta get with the times plus this is more fun than I thought! Watching stans of any kind squirm is awesome.

I love giving it to 3ball too btw

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

he is hurting bad

deep pain seeing bran hoist a 4th fmvp