Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ben Simmons on DPOY race vs Gobert: “I scored 42 on him and I’m not a scorer”

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Damn. Ben pulling the receipts on Tooty Fruity. And you know Ben went at him in the paint too cause he sure as hell don’t pull up from 3. (Or pull out when creampieing Tooty’s ass)

Default Re: Ben Simmons on DPOY race vs Gobert: “I scored 42 on him and I’m not a scorer”

ethered

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    "He guarded me in Utah," the three-time All-Star said. "And I had 42."
    there's trolling and there's facts

Simmons scored 42 points against Utah in a 134-123 victory by the Jazz in mid-February. The 76ers All-Star shot 15-26 from the floor while handing out 12 assists. However, according to the NBA’s player tracking data, only nine of Simmons points came against Gobert on 3-7 shooting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Watch a game and see guys do everything they can to avoid the paint when he is in the game and tell me no one respects him. Or at the other end when they pack the paint and leave some of the best shooters on the planet wide open to keep him away from the rim. Poor Manny
    Ben scored 42 in the paint

Don't even get me started on Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Ben scored 42 in the paint

Don't even get me started on Jokic
    and 3-7 against Gobert. Why is that hard to understand?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

and 3-7 against Gobert. Why is that hard to understand?
    Just rewatched the highlights and counted exactly 7 occasions where Simmons scored within Rudy's vicinity

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

The fact is Ben came out hard at the start of the game and Rudy struggled to guard him.

The Jazz were a little blindsided by this.

Gobert went to the bench and when he came back into the game he had more success keeping Ben from getting to the hoop.

It is true Rudy made some adjustments that slowed him down and Favors got smoked mostly but Xiao gonna Xiao.

The simple fact is he claims Rudy is so good at every facet of defense, helps his team defense become elite, affects matchups and protects the paint even when not directly guarding a player one one. Xiao regularly lets everyone know how important he is to the overall defence of the Jazz.

Despite this Ben still had a career high. Gorbert was on court for most of those points and he still got 42.

Watch a game and see guys do everything they can to avoid the paint when he is in the game and tell me no one respects him. Or at the other end when they pack the paint and leave some of the best shooters on the planet wide open to keep him away from the rim. Poor Manny
    This might be the most delusional comment in ISH history. Yes teams are leaving Mitchell Ingles and Conley wide open cuz they’re afraid of Rudy “Shaq” Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    The fact is Ben came out hard at the start of the game and Rudy struggled to guard him.

Gobert went to the bench and when he came back into the game he had more success keeping Ben from getting to the hoop.

It is true Rudy made some adjustments that slowed him down and Favors got smoked mostly but Xiao gonna Xiao.

The simple fact is he claims Rudy is so good at every facet of defense, helps his team defense become elite, affects matchups and protects the paint even when not directly guarding a player one one. Xiao regularly lets everyone know how important he is to the overall defence of the Jazz.

Despite this Ben still had a career high. Gorbert was on court for most of those points and he still got 42.
    He claims Rudy is good at every facet of offense too

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Just rewatched the highlights and counted exactly 7 occasions where Simmons scored within Rudy's vicinity

vicinity isn't the same as on him

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

3-7

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    This might be the most delusional comment in ISH history. Yes teams are leaving Mitchell Ingles and Conley wide open cuz they’re afraid of Rudy “Shaq” Gobert
    watch a game and get your face out of the box score

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    He claims Rudy is good at every facet of offense too
    just the facet's that make his team a top 5 offense

cold

Why is everyone body bagging gobert these days. Bitch nikkas scared to death ask Rudy yo