Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default I still think Curry is MVP

He's close to 50 40 and 90. He's the number one scorer right now in the Western Conference. He's got his team sitting in the 10th seed, so they can qualify to make the playoffs. He has no help. Wiggins is not enough. It's crazy how Curry doesn't even force 3s and teams double-team him, yet he still is by far the best 3 point shooter.

Last year the Warriors won like 12 games. I think they will be around 500 this year. Plus Curry has been playing hurt and is still scoring about 30 points per game. He doesn't have Bogut ad yet he's still getting shots off. Wiseman is not experienced. I mean Nico Manion is the backup point guard. They don't have anybody.

Even though the Warriors are struggling a bit due to inexperience, it doesn't change the fact that Curry is still putting up great stats. A bad year for Curry shooting wise is better than most could dream of.

If Curry gets them into the playoffs (whether it's 7 or 10 doesn't matter) he has to be given at least MVP consideration. He's leading the Western Conference in scoring and he's not forcing it either. But he can't do it all by himself. If the Warriors get in and beat the Jazz, you have to consider it. And I think he will beat them. This year is set up to be We Believe all over again.

Default Re: I still think Curry is MVP

And we still think you’re retarded.

Good High School Starter

Yeah, he will win the MVP with his team as an 8th seed. Also, related to your last paragraph, post-season performances are not taken into account when it comes to the MVP trophy.

No klay, no way.

So you think he should MVP and not even be in the playoffs?

I think iverson should of won mvp in 2005 but we don’t all get what we want op

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post

Curry leading this team to the 10th seed has been an incredible accomplishment. If he gets to 1-2 games under .500 he's the MVP imo

College superstar

steph had a case earlier in the season, but he's dropped too many games at this point.

the warriors are garbage and draymond has fallen off a cliff. people thought gsw might've had another run in them, but they're going to need more than just klay.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    another long and lonely Saturday for Warriorfan_on_Welfare

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    another long and lonely Saturday for Warriorfan_on_Welfare
    It seems he got his adderall script filled once again

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Curry leading this team to the 10th seed has been an incredible accomplishment. If he gets to 1-2 games under .500 he's the MVP imo
    What Curry is doing is amazing. Still I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't reach a 0.525 record or 38 wins for this season which is looking out of reach. If he did I think there is at least a theoretical argument based on the historically unprecedented nature of leading a bottom team to such a record to award him the MVP although realistic chances for that actually happening are still nil. I'd be very disappointed if he didn't reach 33 wins. That tailbone injury that prevented him from playing more games really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    What Curry is doing is amazing. Still I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't reach a 0.525 record or 38 wins for this season which is looking out of reach. If he did I think there is at least a theoretical argument based on the historically unprecedented nature of leading a bottom team to such a record to award him the MVP although realistic chances for that actually happening are still nil. I'd be very disappointed if he didn't reach 33 wins. That tailbone injury that prevented him from playing more games really sucks.
    8th seed is the best they could get if all goes well for his team, since nobody expects the warriors to make a finals trip without the services of klay anyway.

National High School Star tanibanana's Avatar

Nope... this year MVP award is going to a center; Jokic or Embiid.
    Although Curry is still arguably the best point guard (Curry, Lillard, Paul).

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Nah, he merits a vote but he's definitely not in strong consideration for the award at this point