Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Luka is clearly the next "Lebron" of the new generation

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    So far from age 20-21.

101 games:
    29/9/9, 27.1 PER, 58.9 TS%, 8.1 BPM.

He also had an amazing first playoff series against the Clips with his running partner KP Injured.
    Playoffs (6 games)
    31/10/9 , 26.9 PER, 59.6 TS%, 7.9 BPM, 1 sick game winner

Luka legit has GOAT potential considering he is on pace to have even better stat averages than Lebron. Imagine he plays 15 more seasons at this rate and wins 3-4 rings/FMVPs with a few regular season MVPs sprinkled in?
    His only obstacle is going to be his body. What will he look like as he ages and his athleticism fades? What about injury? What about his defense? There are so many questions to be answered between now and then, but he has as good a chance as anyone to ascend to greatness.

Kinda hard to put him in any kind of goat level conversation tbh. He strikes me as someone who greatly benefits from this era rules (Yeah Europe whatever) and somewhat stat pads (maybe that's due to the team but I have doubts). He's very good though. You can see which players' styles he has built from (good or bad depending how you look at it). If he's the next face of the league he will deserve it. Just waiting for him to get a couple MVPs and rings to see how many new fanboys and haters come out the woodwork. I could almost see him becoming a polarizing figure like LeBron if certain circumstances come to life.

Some people started saying the same thing about Curry before all the hype simmered down though

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Kawhi has eliminated Durant, Harden, Lebron, Luka, Curry, Giannis, Embiid, Butler

But blew a 3-1 lead to 7'1 brian windhorst in the wcsf last year.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    But blew a 3-1 lead to 7'1 brian windhorst in the wcsf last year.
    He got trapped in a prison bubble, beat all nba 1st teamer luka doncic, never lost to Lebron. I'm ok with it, still has two finals MVPS.

He got trapped in a prison bubble, beat all nba 1st teamer luka doncic, never lost to Lebron. I'm ok with it, still has two finals MVPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    If you're referring to 2013, he lost to Ray Allen that year. Lebron was trying to win the game but he chucked up a 3 point brick instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    Eh. Bigs are better at basketball. Some almost 7-foot freak will come along and blow everyone away. Happens every decade.
    They can't impact the offensive game like guards\wings can. When the league has elite big men on top, the offensive becomes watered down like 1999-2004 era.

Kawhi or Jordan teams surrounded by good defensive role players will always beat a team of Shaq or Duncan surrounded by good defensive role players. Kawhi\Jordan teams will always have like 2-3 times better offense and all you have to do is pair a random defensive big man on their team like Ibaka and they are unbeatable.

On a side note, Rondo's playoff assist % from 2012-present is a jaw dropping 47.8% and now he's paired up Kawhi who had 732 points on 62% TS in 2019 playoffs. You're in deep shit this year if those two are healthy.

Local High School Star

They can't impact the offensive game like guards\wings can. When the league has elite big men on top, the offensive becomes watered down like 1999-2004 era.

Kawhi or Jordan teams surrounded by good defensive role players will always beat a team of Shaq or Duncan surrounded by good defensive role players. Kawhi\Jordan teams will always have like 2-3 times better offense and all you have to do is pair a random defensive big man on their team like Ibaka and they are unbeatable.

On a side note, Rondo's playoff assist % from 2012-present is a jaw dropping 47.8% and now he's paired up Kawhi who had 732 points on 62% TS in 2019 playoffs. You're in deep shit this year if those two are healthy.
    Do you not realize the best offensive player on the planet right now is a big man? Is there anything you can look at Jokic and say he can’t do offensively? That guy has solved basketball at 6’11 260.

He is in a goat PG offensive stratosphere. I can say with confidence Chris Paul has never been as good as Jokic offensively. So we know the idea that they can’t play guard level offensively is false. Shaq also proved that.

Big men are on top right now. Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are probably going on a 5 year MVP streak by themselves through the next few yrs.

And I’m in deep shit? You realize I want your dumb robot to succeed now that his failure last year humbled him and ruined his reputation right? Which I warned you would happen and it happened exactly how I said it would.

His best route to get overrated again is to run out a crazy offensive run and take up crazy defensive usage with high minutes next to PG/Bev/Zubac. Which is very possible. Hell maybe likely because Lue is just gonna optimize them. But Utah and LAL are just too good IMO.

Either way, someone is getting overrated on this years title. Even Gobert would become a myth if Utah makes a finals run which they are capable of.

Really I don’t see how Utah loses outside AD/Bron going insane. Utah is better than everybody. Only matchups and schemes can derail them.

You remember why Kawhi had to play insane in 2017? Conley was playing out of his mind. Curry level. And he did it again last year.

Conley is low key a monster and LAL has a quick guard problem. I really feel Utah has a 50/50 shot at winning. That’s my prediction on all that. Utah cruises to a title, unless LAL stops them.

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    Do you not realize the best offensive player on the planet right now is a big man? Is there anything you can look at Jokic and say he can’t do offensively? That guy has solved basketball at 6’11 260.

He is in a goat PG offensive stratosphere. I can say with confidence Chris Paul has never been as good as Jokic offensively. So we know the idea that they can’t play guard level offensively is false. Shaq also proved that.

Big men are on top right now. Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are probably going on a 5 year MVP streak by themselves through the next few yrs.

And I’m in deep shit? You realize I want your dumb robot to succeed now that his failure last year humbled him and ruined his reputation right? Which I warned you would happen and it happened exactly how I said it would.

His best route to get overrated again is to run out a crazy offensive run and take up crazy defensive usage with high minutes next to PG/Bev/Zubac. Which is very possible. Hell maybe likely because Lue is just gonna optimize them. But Utah and LAL are just too good IMO.

Either way, someone is getting overrated on this years title. Even Gobert would become a myth if Utah makes a finals run which they are capable of.

Really I don’t see how Utah loses outside AD/Bron going insane. Utah is better than everybody. Only matchups and schemes can derail them.

You remember why Kawhi had to play insane in 2017? Conley was playing out of his mind. Curry level. And he did it again last year.

Conley is low key a monster and LAL has a quick guard problem. I really feel Utah has a 50/50 shot at winning. That’s my prediction on all that. Utah cruises to a title, unless LAL stops them.
    The 90s was filled with great big men and they were still always losing to Jordan/Pippen a guard and a wing. That should tell you something about the bigs vs guard/wings debate. Duncan/Robinson were also getting killed by Kobe in the early 2000s.

Jokic has great offense but not quite as good of a shooter or defender as Kawhi, so I have to take Kawhi.

Utah jazz have just been one of the lucky teams to stay mostly healthy. I'm sure either LA team can take them out in playoffs. Rondo/beverly/George/kawhi/ will be too good of a 4 man lineup to beat in playoffs.

Saw a basketball once

I don't understand the hate obsession towards a 22-year-old player who's not even entering his prime.. LOL. But believe me, when I say, Leonard is the most boring "so-called" superstar.. I don't hate him and neither like him either.. but he is just boring....
    Is Luka Doncis really a big threat to your Leonard that you always mention him? LOL... Luka is living rent-free in your head...