Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Re: I believe it's highly likely that Andre Drummond absolutely balls out

Seriously Drummond is not a player that the Lakers need. The Lakers desperately needed a shooter who can also playmake from the perimeter, and the get the opposite in Drummond. Doesn't matter anyways since AD won't recover to 100% since obviously the long year last year/short turnaround has screwed him for this year. Also Nets are destroying everybody regardless.

Default Re: I believe it's highly likely that Andre Drummond absolutely balls out

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Seriously Drummond is not a player that the Lakers need. The Lakers desperately needed a shooter who can also playmake from the perimeter, and the get the opposite in Drummond. Doesn't matter anyways since AD won't recover to 100% since obviously the long year last year/short turnaround has screwed him for this year. Also Nets are destroying everybody regardless.
    They're still working on getting a wing.

The Lakers also needed scoring from the center position. Gasol was giving them very little on that end.

They also wanted rebounding from the center position. Gasol was not giving them that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Bird, Parish, McHale and Walton had a good laugh

I said ONE OF THE the best frontcourts. But since u wanna be a smartass, here we go:

FUNNY THING IS Bron is JUST AS GOOD or better than Bird!! You could go either way because they are the the top 2 SF's GOAT and peak-prime wise. LMAO AD is better than McHale! EVEN THOUGH Kev was a beast! And Drummond and Parish is DAMN NEAR a toss up. You could go EITHER WAY!! Drummond's athletic ability and dominance on the glass are superior to the Chief. And scoring wise, Drummond scores just as many points.

Harrell at this point is in the prime of his career. Walton was WAY PAST HIS PRIME! So even though Walton won 6th man of the year, Harrell WILL BE HIGH on the 6th man of the year charts this year. He just WON THE DAMN THING last year. Walton was easily the better passer. But Harrell scoring and rebounding wise is more productive!

So when u break it down like I DID, this Lakers frontcourt (ON PAPER) matches up VERY WELL to the 86 Celtics! We just have to see how it works out!

If journeymen Dwight and Javale came out smelling like roses, how TF will Drummond do anything but dominate?

He's already capable of 25/20 or 30/20 in his sleep. Who cares if he's stupid.

That team will be formidable

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Good post.

AD and Bron really are the perfect duo. Davis is one of the games top scorers off of cuts, where a driving Bron will find him for a quick layup or lob. Both can shoot from the outside, dive to the basket, play off the ball. No redundancy in their play.

People joke about AD being "birdfed" but if it works so what. Those 11 assists Bron averaged last year netted LA a chip.

Thinking Drummond will play a big role, but I'm not sure how much impact he'll have once Davis and Bron are healthy. Doubt he will be the defensive player Dwight was in the bubble. More rebounds for LA wont hurt though.
    Yep I agree! Drummond's value will be the boards and being able to score without plays ran for him. Once Bron and Davis are healthy, it's about have the NECESSARY PARTS to plug in around them. Depending on who they face in the playoffs down the road. But adding one of the best rebounding centers of all time CERTAINLY doesn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    If journeymen Dwight and Javale came out smelling like roses, how TF will Drummond do anything but dominate?

He's already capable of 25/20 or 30/20 in his sleep. Who cares if he's stupid.

That team will be formidable
    Dwight was older and accepted the fact that he needed to reduce his role and focus only on the things he excelled at. Drummond is 27 and may not be as open minded about that.

Drummond is where Dwight was at when he joined the Lakers the first time. Remember 27 year old Dwight resisted changing his game for the betterment of the team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    I said ONE OF THE the best frontcourts. But since u wanna be a smartass, here we go:

FUNNY THING IS Bron is JUST AS GOOD or better than Bird!! You could go either way because they are the the top 2 SF's GOAT and peak-prime wise. LMAO AD is better than McHale! EVEN THOUGH Kev was a beast! And Drummond and Parish is DAMN NEAR a toss up. You could go EITHER WAY!! Drummond's athletic ability and dominance on the glass are superior to the Chief. And scoring wise, Drummond scores just as many points.

Harrell at this point is in the prime of his career. Walton was WAY PAST HIS PRIME! So even though Walton won 6th man of the year, Harrell WILL BE HIGH on the 6th man of the year charts this year. He just WON THE DAMN THING last year. Walton was easily the better passer. But Harrell scoring and rebounding wise is more productive!

So when u break it down like I DID, this Lakers frontcourt (ON PAPER) matches up VERY WELL to the 86 Celtics! We just have to see how it works out!
    Bird is an all time great. McHale was a great defender and one of the best post players ever. Parish is a HOFer. Drummond isn't in the conversation with any of the Celtics. Have a hard time taking him over Greg Kite who rebounded and protected the rim when they were forced to play him. Walton led the league in rebounding per 48 that year. Sure it was his last hurrah but it was something else.

4 HOFers > Lebron/Davis/etc.

Drummond doesn’t need to ‘ball out’ for the lakers to succeed. If anything he needs to accept that he’s not gonna nearly as many touches as he did in Detroit and Cleveland once bron and AD return. It’s really in the interest of the lakers not to rely on him offensively for anything other than rebounds. He’s a black hole in the post. Once he gets the ball it’s unlikely he ever passes. We just need him to rebound,‘protect the paint and set screens.

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Bird is an all time great. McHale was a great defender and one of the best post players ever. Parish is a HOFer. Drummond isn't in the conversation with any of the Celtics. Have a hard time taking him over Greg Kite who rebounded and protected the rim when they were forced to play him. Walton led the league in rebounding per 48 that year. Sure it was his last hurrah but it was something else.

4 HOFers > Lebron/Davis/etc.
    I agree that the Celtics front court is still better. A lot of it also has to do with the Celtics all being in their prime together. Lebron is a bit older though still playing like he's in his prime. Either way, you better not hope that your Jazz face the Lakers, or you're in for another let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenameless View Post
    I agree that the Celtics front court is still better. A lot of it also has to do with the Celtics all being in their prime together. Lebron is a bit older though still playing like he's in his prime. Either way, you better not hope that your Jazz face the Lakers, or you're in for another let down.
    Jazz probably don't match up well with the Lakers. They are too small. Been saying that since last season. Lakers need to worry about getting in the playoffs first though

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Jazz probably don't match up well with the Lakers. They are too small. Been saying that since last season. Lakers need to worry about getting in the playoffs first though
    You really think the Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs? Does that make you feel better at night for the Jazz? I'm pretty sure AD is ready to go anytime if things start to go south in the standings, and Lebron's not far behind. In fact, if this was the playoffs, they'd probably be playing. It's obvious that they (Lebron, AD, and the Lakers) have agreed to hold back just to be on the safe side. Neither guy was carried off on a stretcher that would lead to one of those indefinite type injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenameless View Post
    You really think the Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs? Does that make you feel better at night for the Jazz? I'm pretty sure AD is ready to go anytime if things start to go south in the standings, and Lebron's not far behind. In fact, if this was the playoffs, they'd probably be playing. It's obvious that they (Lebron, AD, and the Lakers) have agreed to hold back just to be on the safe side. Neither guy was carried off on a stretcher that would lead to one of those indefinite type injuries.
    No idea if they will but it is a possibility and assuming Drummond or Davis automatically makes them good suddenly has no merit.

Local High School Star

Can't wait to see Drummond's debut tonight, even if the Lakers are super short-handed.

No idea if they will but it is a possibility and assuming Drummond or Davis automatically makes them good suddenly has no merit.
    Drummond and AD at 75% is enough to get you into playoffs. Especially now because of the new play-in. Lakers would have to end season in top 10 seeds. AD/Lebron will both be back long before that. They would have to end season at 11th seed or completely choke in the play-in games with both AD/Lebron playing to miss playoffs. That's very much unlikely.

I'm excited to see how the rotation looks.

How many minutes does Andre get? It's confirmed that he's starting.

What about Gasol? I hope they play him 15 minutes per game, as he's still incredibly valuable.