Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up I believe it's highly likely that Andre Drummond absolutely balls out

And nobody should be shocked.

People have overreacted to 25 games with a shithouse Cleveland team. One that was -- at the time -- terribly constructed. At one point they had 4 or 5 centers on the roster! With McGee and Drummond gone, things are now cleaner.

10 games into the season, people were talking about his fantastic defense. Cleveland were winning, and Drummond was a big part of that.

15 games later and he's trash.

My point? Sample size.

I for one, will not be surprised if he goes back to his Detroit form.

And, we won't see the full benefit of what he brings to the Lakers until LeBron and Davis are back. He'll thrive as the 4th or 5th option on offense, being bird-fed by Shroeder and LeBron. How about the offensive boards, too? With all that defensive attention given to Davis and LBJ? He'll feast.

Default Re: I believe it's highly likely that Andre Drummond absolutely balls out

Excited to see the show when they're all healthy.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object come July. See you then.

Default Re: I believe it's highly likely that Andre Drummond absolutely balls out

I suggest people go back and look at the gamelogs last season in Detroit, along with the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons.

He's had some absolutely MONSTROUS games -- lots of them.

Andre didn't have any value on the trade market because he's bad. He had no value because of his contract.

If he was getting paid 15M a year, he'd be sought after.

He's 27, never had a major injury, plays almost every game per season, and has apparently lost 15 pounds over his recent break.

No reason to expect he can't go like he did in Detroit.

I believe you're another low IQ faker stan.

Quote Originally Posted by L8krH8tr View Post
    I believe you're another low IQ faker stan.
    He's been bleeding purple and piss since 72

Imagine hating on a Gail Goodrich stan

Andre Drummond's reputation was in the gutter before he even got to Cleveland.

His scoring and rebounding will be roughly the same in Los Angeles but the issue is that his scoring and rebounding is not impactful.

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

What does he bring that the Lakers need? They don't struggle rebounding and Drummond doesn't improve team rebounding anyway, and that's his best skill. They don't need mediocre interior scoring. That "talent" is more likely to be detrimental than helpful. What else does he do for them? He hasn't been an all star since 2018 and hasn't made an all NBA team since 2016. He's not much of a defender, but who knows, maybe Vogel can fix that. His greatest value may be in helping them win an extra game here and there while they wait for Davis and LeBron to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie View Post
    What does he bring that the Lakers need? They don't struggle rebounding and Drummond doesn't improve team rebounding anyway, and that's his best skill. They don't need mediocre interior scoring. That "talent" is more likely to be detrimental than helpful. What else does he do for them? He hasn't been an all star since 2018 and hasn't made an all NBA team since 2016. He's not much of a defender, but who knows, maybe Vogel can fix that. His greatest value may be in helping them win an extra game here and there while they wait for Davis and LeBron to return.
    What they need right now without LeBron and AD is scoring. Drummond gives them another guy that they don't already have that can get 20 on any night.

As for his rebounding, the Lakers are already a top 10 rebounding team but they will be even better than that and who doesn't want more rebounds?

Drummond is also great at getting steals and that's probably one area that's going to surprise Lakers fans.

NBA sixth man of the year

Marc Gasol has always been a pretty underwhelming offensive player even in his younger days. 2019-present he's a below average offensive player. Now people see what kawhi was working with in 2019. Losing your job to Drummond Hahahaha what an embarrassment, why didn't he retire? "I want to play another year so I can lose my job to Drummond" Hahahaha

The sad thing is that even the corpse of Marc Gasol is a better passer and better defender then Bummond.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    What they need right now without LeBron and AD is scoring. Drummond gives them another guy that they don't already have that can get 20 on any night.

As for his rebounding, the Lakers are already a top 10 rebounding team but they will be even better than that and who doesn't want more rebounds?

Drummond is also great at getting steals and that's probably one area that's going to surprise Lakers fans.
    The Lakers could definitely use 18 PPG on 55-56% TS while AD and LBJ are out.

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    His scoring and rebounding will be roughly the same in Los Angeles but the issue is that his scoring and rebounding is not impactful.
    It might not be the same when he plays with the Lakers.

If he’s the top scorer/rebounder during this stretch, the Lakers will probably lose games.

Adding Drummond gives the Lakers one of the most formidable front lines of ALL TIME!! More people should realize that. You have three All NBA guys ALL at VARIOUS POINTS in their prime. With Bron, you have the best all around perimeter player ever when u factor numbers and positional versatility as a package. Among the PF's, AD is among the top 3 ever in that regard along with Giannis and KG.

So in terms of OVERALL VERSATILITY, Bron and AD are the best tandem of all time. When u throw a beast out there in Drummond who is one of the best rebounding centers ever, that means NO OTHER TEAM can match their frontline! Plus u still got Gasol, Harrell, and Kuz off the bench. So many different lineups the Lakers can throw at teams. That was their formula last year. And they a NEW AND IMPROVED version this year.
    Last edited by bizil; 03-30-2021 at 09:35 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    Adding Drummond gives the Lakers one of the most formidable front lines of ALL TIME!!
    Bird, Parish, McHale and Walton had a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    Adding Drummond gives the Lakers one of the most formidable front lines of ALL TIME!! More people should realize that. You have three All NBA guys ALL at VARIOUS POINTS in their prime. With Bron, you have the best all around perimeter player ever when u factor numbers and positional versatility as a package. Among the PF's, AD is among the top 3 ever in that regard along with Giannis and KG.

So in terms of OVERALL VERSATILITY, Bron and AD are the best tandem of all time. When u throw a beast out there in Drummond who is one of the best rebounding centers ever, that means NO OTHER TEAM can match their frontline! Plus u still got Gasol, Harrell, and Kuz off the bench. So many different lineups the Lakers can throw at teams. That was their formula last year. And they a NEW AND IMPROVED version this year.
    Good post.

AD and Bron really are the perfect duo. Davis is one of the games top scorers off of cuts, where a driving Bron will find him for a quick layup or lob. Both can shoot from the outside, dive to the basket, play off the ball. No redundancy in their play.

People joke about AD being "birdfed" but if it works so what. Those 11 assists Bron averaged last year netted LA a chip.

Thinking Drummond will play a big role, but I'm not sure how much impact he'll have once Davis and Bron are healthy. Doubt he will be the defensive player Dwight was in the bubble. More rebounds for LA wont hurt though.