Default Clippers looking better lately

Some numbers on the Clippers, who are on a 6-game winning streak:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=25585

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Clippers looking better lately

They are my favorites to win it all.

NBA sixth man of the year

#1 offense in the league and the defense has been elite since allstar break with Zubac starting. Genius Kawhi went out and got himself the rich man's version of his championship raptors team.

Rondo = Lowry
    Beverly = Danny Green
    George > Siakam
    Zubac = younger Gasol
    Ibaka = Ibaka
    Mann = Powell

Kennard can get hot, Morris is elite 3 point shooter, reggie jackson has averaged 20PPG the last 3 games.

Winning by an average of 16 points a game since trading Lou Williams.

With that many good defenders, the Clippers should be better defensively. On a positive note, in 8 games since Zubac became a starter, their DRtg has been 108.2 which would put them 3rd in the league. Still that's a short stretch but it does offer some promise going forward.

Another thing that gives me pause about them is that Paul George always turns into George Paul in the playoffs. Like you can expect him to play worse which is never a good thing for a 2nd option on a team with championship aspirations. The positives are that Mann and Kennard have become really good contributors in recent weeks so perhaps that will balance things out. Or maybe George will finally put it together...?

The Clippers are a fringe/weak contender in my book. At least for now...

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Hell yeah. Can't wait to see the impact of Rondo. I hope it doesn't slow down the momentum

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    With that many good defenders, the Clippers should be better defensively. On a positive note, in 8 games since Zubac became a starter, their DRtg has been 108.2 which would put them 3rd in the league. Still that's a short stretch but it does offer some promise going forward.

Another thing that gives me pause about them is that Paul George always turns into George Paul in the playoffs. Like you can expect him to play worse which is never a good thing for a 2nd option on a team with championship aspirations. The positives are that Mann and Kennard have become really good contributors in recent weeks so perhaps that will balance things out. Or maybe George will finally put it together...?

The Clippers are a fringe/weak contender in my book. At least for now...
    Zubac was doing really bad off the bench and playing with bad defenders like Lou Williams and Reggie Jackson. Zubac is way more comfortable as a starter. Once Ibaka returns, I would like him to be the 6th man he was with raptors. However, Ibaka is in the best 3 man lineup with Kawhi\George\Ibaka being a +17. So i'm torn on who to start between Ibaka\Zubac, as i actually want Rondo starting and you would need Ibaka's spacing for that. At the same time, you need Ibaka's scoring off the bench and he is comfortable doing that.

Paul George's inconsistent scoring in the playoffs will be prevented from Rondo being around and babying him.

They are a legit contender in my opinion, GOAT offense with top 10-12 defense this season despite Beverly hardly ever playing and Beverly is like their 3rd or 2nd best defender.

Mann and Kennard have been ****ing shit up lately.

Hbk dimwit doing his very best to jinx this team.

Local High School Star

I don't know how much to believe in the Clippers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    I don't know how much to believe in the Clippers yet.
    They just lost to a tanking magic team that lost three of their best player to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    They just lost to a tanking magic team that lost three of their best player to other teams.
    And we are losing to the tanking rockets team now, the NBA can be weird sometimes.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Mann and Luke gave them a big boost. They were sleeping on those guys.

But like others say, I dunno if I have faith in them. But they are definitely playing better. Zubac is playing really good. He is finishing better now and his rim protection is solid from the recent games. Kawhi is Kawhi. But Mann and Luke are the big contributors that they needed. I dunno how they are going to manage the rotation when Pat Bev and Rondo start to play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    #1 offense in the league and the defense has been elite since allstar break with Zubac starting. Genius Kawhi went out and got himself the rich man's version of his championship raptors team.

Rondo = Lowry
    Beverly = Danny Green
    George > Siakam
    Zubac = younger Gasol
    Ibaka = Ibaka
    Mann = Powell

Kennard can get hot, Morris is elite 3 point shooter, reggie jackson has averaged 20PPG the last 3 games.

Winning by an average of 16 points a game since trading Lou Williams.
    PG13 is better than Siakam.

As a Pacers fan, I don't really like him anymore personally, but he can go toe to toe with Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    And we are losing to the tanking rockets team now, the NBA can be weird sometimes.
    Rockets know their former franchise player well.

Banned

After allowing the Porzingis-less Mavs to tie the series 2-2 in the first round, they also looked better and won 5 of their 6 following playoff games to gain themselves a 3-1 lead against the Nuggets.