Good college starter

Default Harden and Wilt as a duo

How great would they be?

In my eyes they are the perfect fit for each other as both are goat level scorers and playmakers and if Harden did what he did vs the Durant Warriors with Caplea by his side imagine what he would do with Wilt against Russell's Celtics.

If Wilt has Harden for his entire career from 1959 to 1973 I think he honestly wins 8 to 10 rings for his career as Harden is a clutch player that would swing all of those close game 7 losses vs Russell and Reed into wins for Wilt.

Default Re: Harden and Wilt as a duo

I don't know if Harden is the best supporting star to high scoring Wilt. He dominates the ball too much, although we can't tell what his role would be playing in the more team oriented NBA of Wilt's era. To later Wilt, he seems a better fit.

(OT, but interesting: Coastal, I know you and others in RealGM and Reddit try to find and compile as many blocked shots data for Wilt/Russell/Thurmond as possible. I know a few have tried contacting the Pollacks, but have you ever considered contacting Jerry Lucas? This legend's memory is phenomenal, he could easily recall whole games, play by play, and practically had a virtual boxscore in his head all the time. I'm pretty sure he could provide you with valuable data concerning these type of stats - and, don't forget, he was Nate's teammate for 2 seasons.
    Of course, if you ever consider trying this, you'll have to hurry a bit, since tomorrow will be his 81st birthday).