Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: My Full 2 Round Mock Draft

Newest addition for Colts defense:

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    We can use that pick (#70) to potentially trade back up... need to find a DT, DE, CB, S in that order.

Now that we have Parsons, We need that dominate defensive tackle... may have to sign a vet DT in free agency next year.

We got #44, #70, #75, and #99 to work with for tomorrow night.

Wow... Redskins reached at #19... LB Jamin Davis.
    They didn't reach. He's probably the best off ball linebacker in the draft.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

With the 10th pick of the 2021 NFL draft... The Dallas Cowboys select Sean Lee's replacement. (I hope)

Wish List:

1. Parsons
    2. Surtain
    3. Slater
    4. Horn
    5. Trade up and get Pitts

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Dallas needs o-line depth now...just can't count on these guys to stay healthy

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

The low key steal was Lions getting Sewell. Him along with Ragnow and Decker. They could have the best o-line in the league. If Rodgers gets traded Lions could be the division favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    The low key steal was Lions getting Sewell. Him along with Ragnow and Decker. They could have the best o-line in the league. If Rodgers gets traded Lions could be the division favorite.
    Sewell will be another all pro future HOF to want out of that shit franchise like Barry and Calvin did.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Green Bay isn't a one man show. There is talent everywhere on that roster. They have a good defense that wouldn't surprise me if they were a great defense next season.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Mac Jones to New England will be interesting. Either teams regret passing on him or Brady looks even better if he's a bust.

Jabril Cox, LB, LSU, 6'3 233 lbs

Jabril Cox enjoyed a standout high school career where he played multiple positions and starred in both football and basketball but didn’t receive much interest coming out as a recruit. He spent three seasons at North Dakota State where he was outstanding. After being named the Missouri Valley Conference Freshman of the Year in 2017, Missouri Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2018, and being a two-time FCS All-American, Cox opted to level up and compete in the SEC before entering the NFL. Cox is an outstanding coverage linebacker that thrives in space. He is terrific in both man and zone coverage, making him an ideal matchup linebacker that can handle tight ends, running backs, and some slot receivers. He has terrific range, mobility, and his motor always runs hot. When it comes to areas of concern for Cox, run defense, playing through contact, and being consistent with being an assignment-sound defender are the primary areas that need growth. Cox profiles as a productive NFL starter that brings a rare coverage skill set to the table.

Ideal Role: Pursuit-style linebacker that can play man coverage.

Scheme Fit: 4-3.

I really like our 4th round pick... good piece to add knowing LVE will most likely get injured.

Many had projected that he would be drafted in round 2

Last edited by Doomsday Dallas; 05-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.

12th Overall Selection (R1-P12, from Philadelphia Eagles): Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
    44th Overall Selection (R2-P12): Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
    75th Overall Selection (R3-P11): Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA
    84th Overall Selection (R3-P20, from Philadelphia): Chauncey Golston, EDGE, Iowa
    89th Overall Selection (R3-P35): Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State
    115th Overall Selection (R4-P10): Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    138th Overall Selection (R4-P33): Josh Ball, OT, Marshall
    179th Overall Selection (R5-P25): Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford
    192nd Overall Selection (R6-P8, from Lions): Quinton Bohanna, DT, Kentucky
    227th Overall Selection (R6-P43): Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
    238th Overall Selection (R7-P10): Matt Farniok, OT/OG, Nebraska

Boys 2021 draft class is complete.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

I really like our 4th round pick... good piece to add knowing LVE will most likely get injured.

Many had projected that he would be drafted in round 2
    The Cowboys aren't going to pick up LVE's contract option for his fifth year. Spinal stenosis is not something that gets better over time. They'll be looking to move Jaylon Smith as well, though his contract makes it likely they'll be stuck with him for a couple more seasons. So it's likely that in two seasons, the Cowboys will go from having the best linebacking corp in the game (LVE, Smith, Lee) to having all those guys either gone or stuck on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Newest addition for Colts defense:

Btw... jealous of this artwork.

Detroit Lions draft and team make up is starting to look like the Colts... Powerful game in the trenches, good rushing attack, both teams desperately need a WR and have new QB's going into 2021.

Detroit Lions’ 2021 NFL Draft class:

Round 1, Pick 7 — OT Penei Sewell
    Round 2, Pick 9 (41) — DT Levi Onwuzurike
    Round 3, Pick 8 (72) — DT Alim McNeill
    Round 3, Pick 38 (101) — CB Ifeatu Melifonwu
    Round 4, Pick 7 (112) — WR Amon-Ra St. Brown
    Round 4, Pick 8 (113) — LB Derrick Barnes
    Round 7, Pick 30 (257) — RB Jermar Jefferson

Lions went for the right pieces... if their #3 pick from last year Okudah can be a stud at CB like he's suppose to be, and T. J. Hockenson steps up a notch and becomes a great TE (along with Swift at RB), they would just need to add a few wide receivers, maybe another defensive weapon, and Goff could lead this team to the playoffs in 2022. It's possible they could do something this year, but they really don't have $hit at WR. Tyrell Williams and Breshad Perriman isn't enough... maybe they can get by with WR being their week spot. Kerryon Johnson for 21' and Jamal Williams for 21' & 22' is pretty good insurance/back up for Swift.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-...erriman-16750/

The first pick in round #1 next year for Lions & Colts should be a WR, and top free agent target should be best WR available... Although we'll have to see what Michael Pittman Jr. can do, he could still be a potential badass, idk. (still got TY Hilton for 21' season / 1 year $8 mil)

Buckner w/ Kwity & Q.Nelson w/ J.Taylor will make the Colts tough to play each week, very good pieces to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    The Cowboys aren't going to pick up LVE's contract option for his fifth year. Spinal stenosis is not something that gets better over time. They'll be looking to move Jaylon Smith as well, though his contract makes it likely they'll be stuck with him for a couple more seasons. So it's likely that in two seasons, the Cowboys will go from having the best linebacking corp in the game (LVE, Smith, Lee) to having all those guys either gone or stuck on the bench.

I was just looking at that contract... $hit is ridiculous but I think he'll play better this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-c...n-smith-18982/

Jaylon Smith signed a 6 year, $68,421,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $35,406,678 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $11,403,500.

I agree, LVE will probably be done after this year, so I'm glad we picked up 2 line backers in this draft... may have to find another one in 2022, but I think Jaylen will be on the team 2 or 3 more years, that's just too much money to give up on.

Btw... jealous of this artwork.

Detroit Lions draft and team make up is starting to look like the Colts... Powerful game in the trenches, good rushing attack, both teams desperately need a WR and have new QB's going into 2021.

Detroit Lions’ 2021 NFL Draft class:

Round 1, Pick 7 — OT Penei Sewell
    Round 2, Pick 9 (41) — DT Levi Onwuzurike
    Round 3, Pick 8 (72) — DT Alim McNeill
    Round 3, Pick 38 (101) — CB Ifeatu Melifonwu
    Round 4, Pick 7 (112) — WR Amon-Ra St. Brown
    Round 4, Pick 8 (113) — LB Derrick Barnes
    Round 7, Pick 30 (257) — RB Jermar Jefferson

Lions went for the right pieces... if their #3 pick from last year Okudah can be a stud at CB like he's suppose to be, and T. J. Hockenson steps up a notch and becomes a great TE (along with Swift at RB), they would just need to add a few wide receivers, maybe another defensive weapon, and Goff could lead this team to the playoffs in 2022. It's possible they could do something this year, but they really don't have $hit at WR. Tyrell Williams and Breshad Perriman isn't enough... maybe they can get by with WR being their week spot. Kerryon Johnson for 21' and Jamal Williams for 21' & 22' is pretty good insurance/back up for Swift.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-...erriman-16750/

The first pick in round #1 next year for Lions & Colts should be a WR, and top free agent target should be best WR available... Although we'll have to see what Michael Pittman Jr. can do, he could still be a potential badass, idk. (still got TY Hilton for 21' season / 1 year $8 mil)

Buckner w/ Kwity & Q.Nelson w/ J.Taylor will make the Colts tough to play each week, very good pieces to build around.
    Colts will mortgage off LT to next year's draft. This year, my hope is to sign Fisher/Villaneuva/Okung on a 1yr deal. Then we can use our 1st next year to draft an LT.

But you might be right too. We can get 1 of those 3 LTs on a 2yr deal and go for WR next year to replace TY Hilton.

Ultimately, I'm not a fan of drafting based on need - I prefer getting the best player available. I would use 1st rounder depending on who falls in draft and the biggest talent on the board. I never expected Paye to drop so I felt it was the perfect choice that also met our needs at DE. That doesn't usually happen.

going into 2022 Season:

CB - Surtain/Horn
    CB - Diggs
    CB - Lewis
    S - Wilson
    S - J.Holland

LB - J.Smith
    DE - D-Law
    DT - Galimore / T.Hill

Defensive Holes to fill in 2022:

DE - 21' draft, 22' FA & 22' draft
    DT - 21' draft, 22' FA & 22' draft
    LB - 21' draft, 22' FA & 22' draft
    LB - 21' draft, 22' FA & 22' draft

Thought we were gonna get Surtain/Horn and target a safety.

So now it looks like:

going into 2022 Season:

CB - K.Joseph
    CB - Diggs
    CB - Lewis
    S - D.Wilson

LB - J.Cox
    LB - M.Parsons
    LB - J.Smith

DE - D-Law
    DE - D. Armstrong / C.Golston / B. Anae
    DT - N. Galimore / T.Hill
    DT - Osa Odighizuwa / Quinton Bohanna

Defensive Line still looks like $hit... We need to put all our focus on Defensive and Offensive Line in the 22' off season

Key players lost after 2021:

CB A.Brown
    DE R.Gregory
    LB LVE
    SS K.Neal
    DT A.Woods
    WR M.Gallup
    OT T.Smith
    TE D.Shultz

Team Needs in 2022

1. OT
    2. DE
    3. DT
    4. Safety
    5. Guard
    6. TE
    7. Center

Contracts restructured in 2022: D-Law ($10 mil), A.Cooper ($5 mil), J.Smith ($5 mil), Zeke ($5 mil), B Jarwin ($3 mil)

Tyron Smith: Retired or cut (save $5.5 mil)

Restructure Dak's contract in 2023 and hope that the salary cap limit is raised significantly higher

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2022/

cap already showing us to be negative $36 million going into 2022, but overall I like our team going into 2021...

Next year's off season:

• Restructure Several Contracts
    • Trade up in draft and ensure we get stud Offensive Lineman
    • Find mid-round edge rusher, safety and tight end
    • Sign veteran defensive tackle with any remaining cap space