Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: My Full 2 Round Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Colts will mortgage off LT to next year's draft. This year, my hope is to sign Fisher/Villaneuva/Okung on a 1yr deal. Then we can use our 1st next year to draft an LT.

But you might be right too. We can get 1 of those 3 LTs on a 2yr deal and go for WR next year to replace TY Hilton.

Ultimately, I'm not a fan of drafting based on need - I prefer getting the best player available. I would use 1st rounder depending on who falls in draft and the biggest talent on the board. I never expected Paye to drop so I felt it was the perfect choice that also met our needs at DE. That doesn't usually happen.
    You definitely need an Offensive Tackle... should probably go after Fisher since the cap space is there to do it. Maybe get him on a 2-3 year deal.

Colts will have some roster spots to fill after 2021... Just need to fix that tackle situation, find an elite WR, resign Leonard & Rhodes, and maybe another DE opposite Kwity

2022 FAs.

Davante Adams

Courtland Sutton

Dj Chark

Michael Gallup

Robert Woods

You will probably have to go after one those 4 guys to play opposite Pittman Jr. Good luck getting Davante, but Sutton, DJ Chark, Woods or Gallup wouldn't be horrible.

Sign one of those guys... And if there's a offensive weapon in the draft next year that can contribute as a rookie, trade up... Wentz might be able to take the Colts somewhere in year 2.

2022 WRs:

1. Pittman Jr.
    2. DJ Chark or Courtland Sutton or Micahel Gallup
    3. 2022 rounds 1-3 pick
    4. Parris Campbell

wouldn't be horrible for Wentz if you can also hit on that 22' WR draft pick or maybe upgrade at TE.

Colts need to get Justin Houston resigned.

Matthew Judon, Shaquil Barrett, Yannick Ngakoue and Bud Dupree all got paid this spring with multi-year deals. None of them had more sacks than Justin Houston did with the Indianapolis Colts last year.

At 31 years old, Houston couldn't have expected to get paid like those guys, but his eight sacks in 2020 showed his value as a pass-rusher. Houston's pressure percentage isn't what it used to be and indicates a decline in sacks is likely coming, but there's no one on the market who can match his production.

The former Chiefs and Colts pass-rusher might not have the same burst and athleticism that made him an elite player but he clearly has the savvy and technique to still get after quarterbacks as part of a rotation.

Someone like the Atlanta Falcons could use Houston in their rotation. The Falcons are still hoping Dante Fowler figures things out and didn't utilize one of their early picks on a defensive end. Houston would have more than doubled any edge defender in sacks last season.

The Colts could ultimately decide they aren't done with the veteran. They drafted Kwity Paye, but the rookie would benefit from having a veteran like Houston on the roster who can help him maximize his prodigious physical gifts.

The New York Giants stand out as another possibility. They just drafted Azeez Olujari in the second round but, like Kwity Paye, he might not be ready to be the No. 1 pass-rusher out of the gate. Taking a high-floor player like Houston could actually improve their respective rookie seasons.

The Cleveland Browns made Sheldon Richardson a late addition to the free agency pool, but that had more to do with the cap than it did Richardon's play. The Browns saved $11 million by releasing the veteran they relied on heavily last season.

Richardson hasn't missed a game since 2017, so he comes with a relatively clean bill of health. He racked up 64 total tackles and was a contributor in the pass rush. He had 4.5 sacks and 10 quarterback hits, and neither of those numbers are uncharacteristically high.

A team like the Dallas Cowboys could do worse than adding Richardson to their rotation. They are going to rely on some young talent such as Neville Gallimore, Trysten Hill and newly drafted Osa Odighizuwa to take the next step, but Richardson is a more proven commodity than all three of them.

There's also the possibility where he returns to Cleveland.

General manager Andrew Berry and head coach Kevin Stefanski have both made it clear they would be open to a return from the defensive lineman. The decision to release him was made almost purely from a financial standpoint.

The Colts are another prospective fit. They added Kwity Paye and Dayo Odeyingbo to their collection of defensive ends. Adding Richardson to their interior rush would bolster a group that lost Justin Houston but relies heavily on getting pressure with their front four.

Potential Suitors: Dallas Cowboys, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2021-nfl-draft

9 Free Agents Who Can Fill Remaining Holes After 2021 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    You definitely need an Offensive Tackle... should probably go after Fisher since the cap space is there to do it. Maybe get him on a 2-3 year deal.

Colts will have some roster spots to fill after 2021... Just need to fix that tackle situation, find an elite WR, resign Leonard & Rhodes, and maybe another DE opposite Kwity

2022 FAs.

Davante Adams

Courtland Sutton

Dj Chark

Michael Gallup

Robert Woods

You will probably have to go after one those 4 guys to play opposite Pittman Jr. Good luck getting Davante, but Sutton, DJ Chark, Woods or Gallup wouldn't be horrible.

Sign one of those guys... And if there's a offensive weapon in the draft next year that can contribute as a rookie, trade up... Wentz might be able to take the Colts somewhere in year 2.

2022 WRs:

1. Pittman Jr.
    2. DJ Chark or Courtland Sutton or Micahel Gallup
    3. 2022 rounds 1-3 pick
    4. Parris Campbell

wouldn't be horrible for Wentz if you can also hit on that 22' WR draft pick or maybe upgrade at TE.
    Our 2nd round pick Dayo might be our long-term DE once he returns from injury. He was being considered a potential 1st round pick but fell due to Achilles tear. Hopefully, it doesn't impact him much. He is still 21 so not like Kobe returning at like 35. Apparently he was a stud before the freak injury.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Colts will mortgage off LT to next year's draft. This year, my hope is to sign Fisher/Villaneuva/Okung on a 1yr deal. Then we can use our 1st next year to draft an LT.

Colts to sign Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher to one-year, $9.4M deal

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-to-si...year-9-4m-deal

Yup, great signing if he returns to even 80% of what he was with Chiefs. We might have the best o-line in nfl next season. It's stacked except for RG.

Now our only weakness is at WR, but that will have to wait until next off-season. I really hope Hilton stays healthy and Pittman takes a step forward into 1,000yd territory or close to it. Next year we will need a WR and a cornerback if Xavier Rhodes leaves for bigger deal. Other than those 2 positions, we are set everywhere for next 5yrs (assuming Wentz returns back to top-10 qb elite level he was until last season when he completely fell apart lol).
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-10-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

I actually went to high school with Fisher he was 2 years younger than me. I'm surprised the Chiefs let him go for nothing but good for him for getting paid.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Could Dallas have used Fisher? I doubt they had the cap room .

Antwaun Woods has found his next home in Indianapolis. The Colts signed the former Cowboys defensive tackle to a one-year deal.

Antwaun Woods is serviceable, I'm kinda surprised we cut him but I guess we need to see what the young guys have and this move creates a little cap space.

Cowboys should try to bring in Sheldon Richardson for a very cheap one year deal... but only after Just 1st. We need to see who's getting cut after June 1st before we use up our little remaining cap space.