Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default LeBron James diagnosed with high ankle sprain

Possibly. Recovery time is 6 weeks to 3 months or longer depending on how badly damaged the ligaments are. Playing on an injured High Ankle sprain can lead to A broken Tibia. I think he might actually be done for the season. It's possible that he could be okay to play sometime inside the playoffs if his team can carry on without him and hold the fort down. Not good.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hi...w-ankle-sprain

Decent playground baller

Default Re: High Ankle Sprain more serious than I thought: Bron's season is over.

the high sprain is so much worse than the normal sprain, messes the attachment to your bones, damages the connection with the calf muscle....

depends on how serious

as noted elsewhere i had a bad one a few years ago, along with a fracture in the ankle; the fracture was almost ignored as it would be fine with an air cast and time to mend

the sprain on the other hand, took months to get back to normal, going down stairs was a chore

of course he's much better physically and gets all the modern help, but this injury is usually 4-6 weeks in the NFL

Default Re: High Ankle Sprain more serious than I thought: Bron's season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by getting_old View Post
    the high sprain is so much worse than the normal sprain, messes the attachment to your bones, damages the connection with the calf muscle....

depends on how serious

as noted elsewhere i had a bad one a few years ago, along with a fracture in the ankle; the fracture was almost ignored as it would be fine with an air cast and time to mend

the sprain on the other hand, took months to get back to normal, going down stairs was a chore

of course he's much better physically and gets all the modern help, but this injury is usually 4-6 weeks in the NFL
    Hopefully, the 4 weeks is all that is needed. I want to say that Basketball is probably worse on these parts of the body than football though. Noone is going to want Lebron to come back in 4 weeks only to reinjure himself. Im saying 6 weeks at the very least.

Jeff Stotts@InStreetClothes

Over the last seven 82-game seasons, the average missed time for an isolated high ankle sprain is ~10 games. However the variability is high and a quicker return is possible.

https://twitter.com/InStreetClothes/...26670426845184

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I hope he comes back. League would be boring without LeBron.

Local High School Star

Every injury is different there are 3 grades of a sprain and every athlete recovers differently. For example Ja Morant had a grade two sprain but could not put weight on his foot and left in a wheel chair but was back in 3 weeks. Lebron attempted to play on and was jumping on the ankle 5 minutes after the injury, there is just not enough information on the extent of the injury yet.

Considering Lebrons Scream of anguish I would think that his injury is on the worse end of the spectrum. Then again, Ive hit my little Toe on the coffee table and had A similar reaction. I'm fine now. Took A few hours to recover.

College superstar

he'll be back before the playoffs. lebron haters are celebrating prematurely..

Him, AD ad lakers will be fine.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24 View Post
    he'll be back before the playoffs. lebron haters are celebrating prematurely..

i demand he is back for the playoffs

so i can swear at him on TV and throw things

with all due respect to his talent and career, of course

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by jmcwilliams View Post
    Possibly. Recovery time is 6 weeks to 3 months or longer depending on how badly damaged the ligaments are. Playing on an injured High Ankle sprain can lead to A broken Tibia. I think he might actually be done for the season. It's possible that he could be okay to play sometime inside the playoffs if his team can carry on without him and hold the fort down. Not good.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hi...w-ankle-sprain
    Klay Thompson played with a high ankle sprain in the 2018 NBA Finals. He missed zero games.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...play-in-game-2

Quote Originally Posted by KOBEtherealKing View Post
    Him, AD ad lakers will be fine.
    This. There's still a lot of regular season to go. It will actually help the Lakers in the long run.

NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers season is in danger of being over. If Lebron is out a month and Davis is out for another 2 weeks, they may lose all those games in that span. Looking at how tight the west conference is, this could eventually lead to Lebron\Davis returning for the PLAY IN game to make playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    This. There's still a lot of regular season to go. It will actually help the Lakers in the long run.
    It will give the less desirables a chance to build and shine. THT might step up. Maybe Kuzma for once. We shall see.

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

As long as we make the playoffs.....that's all I'm asking. If the Lakers take eighth place and have a healthy James and Davis going into the playoffs, whoever is number one is not going to be happy.