Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Battle of New York: Nets vs Knicks GT

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    at bandwagoning 'Nets' fans talking about taking over the city.

Not a chance. NYC is still a Knicks town. The fact that there are MVP chants for Knicks players in a Brooklyn game tells you everything you need to know. No, NY will always belong to the Knicks. Bandwagoning fans will not change that. I don't care how stacked your team is.
    I wonder what's more enjoyable...competing for and winning titles or a city "belonging" to a franchise?

I think I know the answer.

Not a chance. NYC is still a Knicks town. The fact that there are MVP chants for Knicks players in a Brooklyn game tells you everything you need to know. No, NY will always belong to the Knicks. Bandwagoning fans will not change that. I don't care how stacked your team is.
    You don’t have to worry now but you will have to if this continues for a few more years. The Knicks ain’t the Lakers, you don’t have 17 titles of rich history. Any kids born after 2000 have never witnessed the days the Knicks were relevant, the Knicks will always have an upper hand on the older fans but the younger generation will be different story.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    I wonder what's more enjoyable...competing for and winning titles or a city "belonging" to a franchise?

I think I know the answer.
    Are you actually gonna celebrate a Nets championship? Just because Harden gets one?

Actually in case you haven't noticed, the Knicks are headed in the right direction. No shortcuts. I've waited forever for relevance so I can wait a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    You don’t have to worry now but you will have to if this continues for a few more years. The Knicks ain’t the Lakers, you don’t have 17 titles of rich history. Any kids born after 2000 have never witnessed the days the Knicks were relevant, the Knicks will always have an upper hand on the older fans but the younger generation will be different story.
    I can almost agree to this but the Nets fans that you guys accumulate because of bandwagonry will bounce as soon as these guys leave/retire.

Are you actually gonna celebrate a Nets championship? Just because Harden gets one?

Actually in case you haven't noticed, the Knicks are headed in the right direction. No shortcuts. I've waited forever for relevance so I can wait a few more years.

I can almost agree to this but the Nets fans that you guys accumulate because of bandwagonry will bounce as soon as these guys leave/retire.
    Harden joining the team in my city that can immediately compete for a title? Divine intervention from the basketball gods. They respect my high basketball IQ.

BROOKLYN.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The Knicks have been a laughing stock for over 2 decades... True NJ Net fans know that.

Bandwagoners on ISH? Yes of course. But the new Nets fans from Brooklyn and NYC will not bounce, they will remain as Nets fans.