Good college starter

Default Some fascinating what ifs I have about Lebron's career

What if Memphis had gotten the number one pick in the 2003 draft from the trade they had made with the pistons in 1997.

How great do you think a young pau Gasol and LeBron duo would turn out to be?

It also should be that noted that Memphis gm was Jerry West so how do you think he builds the team around a young LeBron. As they would have had a line up of Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, coached by Hubie Brown to surround Lebron for the early years of his career.

Also

I’d like to know what would have happened if LeBron won the following games. What I think would happen is in parentheses.

•Game 7 Vs. Detroit 2006 (probably lose to Heat in 5 or 6 games as they had no one that could stop Shaq from dominating
    •Game 7 Vs Boston 2008 (They most likely lose to the Lakers in the finals in 6 or 7 games as they would have got past the pistons in the ECF as they had in 2007)

•Game 1 or 4 Vs Orlando 2009 (If The Cavs had won one of those close games vs the Magic then I think they have a great chance at winning game 7 at home and also beating the Lakers this time around in the finals this year. As they now have the HCA edge plus this year was Lebron's peak or at least one of his highest ever in the playoffs so if his role players play ok and shoot lights out then I think they win the title that year against the Lakers.

•Game 2 or 4 Vs Dallas 2011 (If the Heat had won one of those very close games against Dallas then the series goes to a game 7 through they probably would have found a way to blow it the way Lebron was playing let’s be honest unless Wade goes full 2006 mode in that game 7 and breaks the Mavs heart again)

•Game 1 vs. Spurs 2014 (if the Heat were up 2-0 who knows what happens? Very likely still lose tho but all of the pressure would have been on the Spurs as a result of losing the first two games at home if so they might not shoot as great as they did throughout that series as a result of feeling all that pressure on them.)

•Game 1 or 4 Vs. Warriors 2015 (If the Cavs had won one of those close games and gone Up 3-1 in that series I think LeBron takes the title that year despite his back issues and as result, his legacy gets a massive boost from delivering the Cavs a title in his first year back plus winning without his sidekicks in Kyrie and Love would have made it the biggest carry job in Nba history and also permanently silenced people such as 3 ball who say that Lebron needs stacked teams to win titles. )

•Game 3 Vs. Warriors 2017 (Could have been a close series though I still think the Warriors close it out in 6 games but if it goes 7 then all bets are off as the pressure would have been entirely on the Warriors to win and not choke again as they did the year prior in 2016 and I personally as a result favour Lebron and Kyrie to once again pull off the unthinkable and win at oracle in a game 7.)

•Game 1 Vs. Warriors 2018 (He would have taken it to 6 games due to not hurting his hand after game 1 IMO which would have been truly incredible)

Good college starter

Default Re: Some fascinating what ifs I have about Lebron's career

When talking about the 2015 finals I wonder what is the best Lebron that could win that series as 2015 Lebron had serious problems with his jumper due to his back issues that year.

Does 2009 or 2013 or 2018 and even 2014 Lebron win the 2015 finals if they replace 2015 Lebron as they had better athleticism then him to go along with a better jumpshot.

2009 Lebron has peak athleticism to go along with his jump shot that was on absolute fire during that entire playoff run.

2013 Lebron is the same as 2009 Lebron through 2013 Lebron did have a post-game but it must be noted that in 2013 Lebron didn't have the peak athleticism that he had in 2009 and 2010.

2018 Lebron was a monster in the playoffs as he still had his incredible athleticism to go along with a smarter mind than his younger selves and he also had a better all-round offensive game than any version of Lebron before him.
    Last edited by coastalmarker99; 03-15-2021 at 04:06 PM.