Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Barkley is right CP should be in the mvp convo

Yeah yeah. I know for all yall stat nerds it's a tough one to digest but barkley made a great point. What's the difference between what cp3 is doing compared to what steve nash did when he won? Their stats are very similar. I think points are the same and nash has cp by a few assists. Cp is much better defensively though. Both playera took a trash team to one of thw best in the league.

So why no love for chris paul?

Default Re: Barkley is right CP should be in the mvp convo

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Yeah yeah. I know for all yall stat nerds it's a tough one to digest but barkley made a great point. What's the difference between what cp3 is doing compared to what steve nash did when he won? Their stats are very similar. I think points are the same and nash has cp by a few assists. Cp is much better defensively though. Both playera took a trash team to one of thw best in the league.

So why no love for chris paul?
    Why would you want to make the same mistake again? Nash mvps are a mistake lol

You can't compare numbers across eras, especially raw numbers.

With that in mind, Paul should be in the discussion. Can't say that he's both played better and had a higher impact than Bron/Embiid/Joker. But has definitely elevated that Suns team who were already on the rise last year. Inside the bubble.

Good High School Starter

I haven't been following the MVP race, who are in the conversation? I suppose LeBron has been left behind as the Lakers plummeted, who are the favorites to win it now? Kawhi? Embiid? I see it as one of the poorest MVP discussions in a long time.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Why would you want to make the same mistake again? Nash mvps are a mistake lol
    That's a fair response but that's a hole different convo. I agree but apparently the nba and their voters don't so going by that chris paul should be in the convo.

The Suns had only risen to the top 2 in their conference recently. They've only held that spot for something like 2 games so far. The other MVP candidates have been up there since the start of the season.

Chris Paul has to keep the Suns up at the top for an extended period of time to enter the MVP conversation.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Chris Paul got robbed back in 08 so he deserves an MVP just off that

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I don't think cp3 impact really shows with the stats.

He is the floor general on both ends. He's barking orders where players should be on offensive end and on the defensive sides, he's calling out opponent's plays and assignments.

I don't think he is the best player in the game or playing the best right now. I think Embiid and Jokic have that honor. CP3 isn't the most impressive with stats as much anymore in his prime, but I think he still is the most important and best player on the Suns. And I think he is a major reason why they are doing so well.

Current MVP rankings

Jokic
    Embiid
    Dame
    Giannis
    CP3

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Chris Paul is one of the great all time floor raisers the league has ever seen. Every team he switches too gets better and significantly so in most cases. There's nobody around his size that has ever come close to having his overall impact on the court that he has. Just think how absurd Paul would be if he had Westbrook's or Derrick Rose's athleticism before he got hurt. He'd be the GOAT for sure. Those two are complete retards when it comes to bbiq compared to CP3.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-12-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post

He is the floor general on both ends. He's barking orders where players should be on offensive end and on the defensive sides, he's calling out opponent's plays and assignments.

I don't think he is the best player in the game or playing the best right now. I think Embiid and Jokic have that honor. CP3 isn't the most impressive with stats as much anymore in his prime, but I think he still is the most important and best player on the Suns. And I think he is a major reason why they are doing so well.
    absolutely. deandre ayton has said it countless times how cp3 guides him on defense.

Tbh he deserves it more than curry

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post

This is pretty cool, not least because communication isn’t a skill we often talk about when it comes to basketball. But it seems key when executing on the floor, especially on defense. And you know there are GOAT communication guys in the league.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    This is pretty cool, not least because communication isn’t a skill we often talk about when it comes to basketball. But it seems key when executing on the floor, especially on defense. And you know there are GOAT communication guys in the league.
    Yeah gonna be hard for the countless stat geeks of this generation to understand but a player can have a huge impact on a game that quantitied by stats. Cp is one of those guys. Dray was one in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Yeah gonna be hard for the countless stat geeks of this generation to understand but a player can have a huge impact on a game that quantitied by stats. Cp is one of those guys. Dray was one in his prime.
    Draymond still having that communicative impact TBH. Nikka cant shoot or score for shit but still easily a positive impact on the floor. Warriors looked like a G League team in the games he missed and have looked like a playoff team with him.