Default Paul George Takes Back "Bad Shot" Comment On Damian Lillard's 2019 Game-Winner

Default Re: Paul George Takes Back "Bad Shot" Comment On Damian Lillard's 2019 Game-Winner

I respect that he admits it now.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Paul George Takes Back "Bad Shot" Comment On Damian Lillard's 2019 Game-Winner

You kinda have to get what he was saying originally though. It’s not just out of line to suggest a contested 35 foot stepback isnt a great shot. Even for guys who can make a half decent percentage of them. It’s not the shot any offense in history looked to create and even in the future....I don’t think they will. It’s a shot that obviously would help spacing if it had to be always defender but well defended ISO stepback 35 foot shots aren’t just.....good.

I feel like....if a shot doesn’t go in....if you would question the decision of the person taking it....it can’t be a good shot can it?

He sounded salty saying it at the time but is any coach going to say that’s the shot to be looking for?

Even for Dame and Steph. It’s not a shot you would run a play to get. He shouldn’t have been so hated on for that.

A lot of shots are possible but not like....advised. Guys can hit off hand fadeaway 3s in traffic. Wouldn’t necessarily be a good shot when it goes in.

I feel like we have to acknowledge a difference between “He can make bad shots” and “That’s a good shot”.

Some people just specialize in shots that aren’t ideally desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    You kinda have to get what he was saying originally though. It’s not just out of line to suggest a contested 35 foot stepback isnt a great shot. Even for guys who can make a half decent percentage of them. It’s not the shot any offense in history looked to create and even in the future....I don’t think they will. It’s a shot that obviously would help spacing if it had to be always defender but well defended ISO stepback 35 foot shots aren’t just.....good.

I feel like....if a shot doesn’t go in....if you would question the decision of the person taking it....it can’t be a good shot can it?

He sounded salty saying it at the time but is any coach going to say that’s the shot to be looking for?

Even for Dame and Steph. It’s not a shot you would run a play to get. He shouldn’t have been so hated on for that.

A lot of shots are possible but not like....advised. Guys can hit off hand fadeaway 3s in traffic. Wouldn’t necessarily be a good shot when it goes in.

I feel like we have to acknowledge a difference between “He can make bad shots” and “That’s a good shot”.

I agree with what you said.

It's not like he hasn't been in the league for almost a decade and doesn't have Dame's scouting report though

Also as a defender, when you see the ballhandler running the shot clock down to 5-4 seconds and he is still not looking to make any move forward. What do you think is about to happen.

I call that bad defense period.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

He was being a bitch. Dame made it. You can’t come out saying he took a bad shot after the game if you are George , even if you are right it still makes you look bad. He needed to just take the L.

NBA sixth man of the year

His low iq is very frustrating to observe, i don't trust him as the sole 2nd star and no help. I'm hoping clippers trade for Victor Oladipo before the trade deadline and give them that 3rd option scorer they need to make up for George Paul's antics.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    His low iq is very frustrating to observe, i don't trust him as the sole 2nd star and no help. I'm hoping clippers trade for Victor Oladipo before the trade deadline and give them that 3rd option scorer they need to make up for George Paul's antics.
    Curry for George and Beverly who says no???

Me

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    No accountability for Kawhit Leotard, though, huh? He wasn't anything special in that Nuggets series.