Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: More likely to break out next year? Darius Miles or Tim Thomas?

I remember 2k2 (or maybe 2k3) on dreamcast I would always draft Miles and he would become pretty much KG after a couple of years.

I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    ^
    Every ISH off-season from 2001 to 2005 or so backed up by unlimited early 2005 hip hop mixes(fortunately I never made one on either of them myself:

There are still videos on YouTube asking why Tim didn’t become the best player in the nba....and Miles was somehow even more hyped than him. Miles had higher highs far as spectacular moves and games....you can see him shake the shit outta Kobe up there....

Tim had bigger moments especially in the playoffs.

Both had they followers though. Dudes just waiting for Glenn Robinson and Odom to get out of the way....

Darius has a great podcast going at least. He lived up to the hype there. Possibly the GOAT nba podcast....at least till JJ retires and takes the crown.

I don’t know what the hell Thomas is up to.
    JJ Reddick is a far left psycho

I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    I remember 2k2 (or maybe 2k3) on dreamcast I would always draft Miles and he would become pretty much KG after a couple of years.
    I remember 2k4 or Lebrons rookie year Miles served as Lebrons sidekick on the Paul Silas Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by ZionDunks View Post
    JJ Reddick is a far left psycho
    Isn't it tiring to for you to have to get mad at increasingly more inane things?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I feel I’m required to show Kobe getting his get back for sentimental reasons.....

And to acknowledge Miles likely travels on his......

Also...once more...Miles got the better highlight but Thomas did the greater damage. To the lakers especially.....

Coming back down 3-1 the Suns watch Kobe drop 50 along with the big basket with 29 seconds left. Lakers win that game they go on to the Clippers in round 2. All LA series? Kobe essentially at home every game? Who knows. He may have powered them to the wcf. Anyway....

Not only does Thomas force OT he mocks Kobe’s “heart” celebration after he does. Suns destroy LA in overtime and force game 7.

No doubt the peak of a career that was supposed to be a lot better.
    the suns glory days

although i never thought i'd see a tim thomas thread on ISH in 2021

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Cant help but remember waiting for my guys Al Harrington and Jonathan Bender to breakout in that same timespan with the latter being always injured while the former left the Pacers because he wanted to be a starter despite already recieving starter mins off the bench.
    I think things turned out fine for Harrington, he didn't become an all-star but he had a very, very solid career. Bender, however, was too skinny for those years, his game would suit much more this era, he could even play at center if he was around nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    I think things turned out fine for Harrington, he didn't become an all-star but he had a very, very solid career. Bender, however, was too skinny for those years, his game would suit much more this era, he could even play at center if he was around nowadays.
    Saw Harrington as a perennial allstar but he had slight injury trouble himself, just wished that his solid career was spent with the Pacers instead of being traded.

Bender had legit potential if he could stay healthy. I remember reading about him that he was jumping off houses for fun as a kid that mustve contributed to the knee problems lol