Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Mike Conley is an all star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax View Post
    They replaced Durant with Sabonis and Davis with Booker. So Trae most likely wasn't even eligible to replace a Western conference player.
    he wasn't and the Hawks suck

Banned

1st time all-star in his 14th NBA season. Is that some sort of record?

Default Re: Mike Conley is an NBA All-Star, replacing Devin Booker

Jorge Sierra: Only four players made their All-Star debut at an older age than Mike Conley this season: Kyle Korver Anthony Mason Sam Cassell Nat Clifton pic.twitter.com/0uBMAabYp0
    – via Twitter *********

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    he wasn't and the Hawks suck
    The Hawks have been decimated by injuries, and Trae doesn't have two All-Stars to help him out.

At the end of the day, Trae is better than Conley.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

you're right Conley could never go 12-34!

Trae has the luxury of playing in the east but still is shooting 43% with 4 and half TO's a game. Win and than bitch.

I'm not biased. Trae will have many opportunities. Probably Conley's last chance and he deserves it. I'd rather the guys that deserve it make it over the guys with the hype and the lottery balls

Youre one of the most biased posters in ISH history outside the trolls. For a real person? A person I don’t find to be an idiot or any kind of a fool....you’re about as biased as it gets.

That said....I don’t mind a guy like Conley sneaking in now and then.

I hate the “It’s his last chance” argument because that kinda thing shouldn’t be a factor at all(especially when injury could mean it’s anyone’s last chance). But Conley isn’t like...the worst all star there ever was. And his team is having a great year even if he’s not one of their stars.

When Teague and Korver made it in 2015 nobody can say there’s no precedent for things like this. We are down to like the 3rd or 4th replacement. I remember one year it was reported Ben Gordon was sterns next pick if one more guy went down(Joe Johnson got the spot before him). You get deep into the replacements guys like Conley get more likely. This is exactly how Detlef and Chris Gatling made it in 97. And Okur made it the same way.

Bunch of guys don’t play some non traditional guys sneak in. Conley seems a good guy to me. Went from Odens tag along to his own long great career and helped a lot of good teams quietly. Good to see anyone come off the “Best non all star” lists too.

Those things shouldn’t be factors but it does make it nice to see him get the nod.

I generally approve of Mike Conley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Woke View Post
    The Hawks have been decimated by injuries, and Trae doesn't have two All-Stars to help him out.

At the end of the day, Trae is better than Conley.
    He's not actually better though. Conley is the main reason the Jazz have taken it up a notch this year with mostly the same cast. He plays both ends. He's efficient. He's a leader. He's led good teams. Trae puts up big numbers and has never won anything

Decent college freshman

He's not actually better though. Conley is the main reason the Jazz have taken it up a notch this year with mostly the same cast. He plays both ends. He's efficient. He's a leader. He's led good teams. Trae puts up big numbers and has never won anything
    Wrong. Mitchell and Gobert are the best players on the Jazz.

He isn't more of a leader or a better player than Trae. He is simply in a much better situation.

Trae is the superior player. Hopefully the Hawks will get him some more help in the future.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

The best player on the Jazz, well deserved

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    The best player on the Jazz, well deserved
    Mitchell and Gobert are the best players on the Jazz.

Conley is the third best player on the Jazz lol.

DeRozan was the better choice.

Wrong. Mitchell and Gobert are the best players on the Jazz.

He isn't more of a leader or a better player than Trae. He is simply in a much better situation.

Trae is the superior player. Hopefully the Hawks will get him some more help in the future.
    Conley and Gobert have been their best players by far. Mitchell scores points not always very efficiently, makes some plays for others and plays little D.

Trae plays one end of the court. Conley's defense is the main reason the Jazz are a lot better this year. Their defense wasn't good last year. You can compare Trae with Mitchell. Conley is better

Decent college freshman

Conley and Gobert have been their best players by far. Mitchell scores points not always very efficiently, makes some plays for others and plays little D.

Trae plays one end of the court. Conley's defense is the main reason the Jazz are a lot better this year. Their defense wasn't good last year. You can compare Trae with Mitchell. Conley is better
    You are delusional.

Trae and Mitchell are both better than Conley.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

You are delusional.

Trae and Mitchell are both better than Conley.
    Conley's a winner that plays both ends. The other two put up big numbers at one end

Quote Originally Posted by ZionDunks View Post
    All that whining about booker being disrespected and he can’t even show up to his first all star game
    2nd ASG. Book replaced Dame last season. But yeah it sucks, I was excited to see him play in the ASG and pop off now that he wouldn't be blinded by the first time experience. Also Book holds the all time record for the 3-point contest so I was interested to see if he could top his score.

I wouldn't call it whining though... it deserved to get talked about due to the fact that Zion got in over him despite having poor defense and losing record(which were the excuses everyone made for Book not getting in in the past) when Book improved his defense and is on one of the best teams in the league now.