Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Kobe and Tmac took 59 shots this game. Only 2 threes. Kobe 31 shots and zero 3s.

Beautiful? Inefficient? What’s your take?

Would a coach allow that to happen in 2021?

Does it? It may and I’ve just not noticed. Someone get me the most shots taken by a guard with no 3s this year. I’d care to know but not enough to investigate. I’m gonna go get an oil change while someone figures that out.

Default Re: Kobe and Tmac took 59 shots this game. Only 2 threes. Kobe 31 shots and zero 3s.

It's gotta be this

Default Re: Kobe and Tmac took 59 shots this game. Only 2 threes. Kobe 31 shots and zero 3s.

Kobe was impressive...because of his skill set. Not because of all the long 2s, but because of his ability to break down the defense from different angles.

T-mac was meh. He's always been a guy who took a ton of jumpshots, who wasn't a great jumpshooter. Hyped off one year. Never been super impressed tbh.

College superstar

I notice much less dribbling. Just a few jab steps and shimmies and that's it.

Anyone curious about Jordan's, 45 shot attempts without a single 3

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Kobe was impressive...because of his skill set. Not because of all the long 2s, but because of his ability to break down the defense from different angles.

T-mac was meh. He's always been a guy who took a ton of jumpshots, who wasn't a great jumpshooter. Hyped off one year. Never been super impressed tbh.
    He was scoring 27 a game, swatting shots and dunking on people for 2 years before 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    He was scoring 27 a game, swatting shots and dunking on people for 2 years before 2003.
    He’s always been butthurt about T-Mac for some reason.

There's nothing I'm butthurt about T-mac for, no personal issue with him whatsoever. I judge players off of what I see. I've watched plenty of T-mac and he has never been visually impressive to me.

His offense was centered around pull-up jumpshots and he wasn't a great jumpshooter. It is what it is.

NBA Superstar

There's nothing I'm butthurt about T-mac for, no personal issue with him whatsoever. I judge players off of I what I see. I've watched plenty of T-mac and he has never been visually impressive to me.

His offense centered around pull jumpshots and he wasn't a great jumpshooter. It is what it is.
    I think you need to watch him some more. That might have been the case his later years in Houston but Orlando Tmac could do literally everything offensively.

I think you need to watch him some more. That might have been the case his later years in Houston but Orlando Tmac could do literally everything offensively.
    Nope, I've watched a lot of his Orlando work.

NBA Superstar

Nope, I've watched a lot of his Orlando work.
    Then I'm confused at the why you think he was just a jump shooter. He was very skilled at getting to the basket and finishing. And his passing ability as a 2 was second to pretty much no one.

T-Mac was basically done after 2005. Anyone harping on his “inefficiency” clearly isn’t familiar with the league wide efficiency at the time he was playing in. He definitely became inefficient in his later Houston years after injuries reduced his abilities but at his best he was not inefficient relative to the league, and especially considering volume. I really hate when people compare modern day efficiency to people who had their best years between 98-04. League wide TS% was ****ing 51.6% in 2004. It’s 57.2% today. Comparing stats from different eras without context is absurd.

Then I'm confused at the why you think he was just a jump shooter. He was very skilled at getting to the basket and finishing. And his passing ability as a 2 was second to pretty much no one.
    He could finish, but he wasn't overly quick in the half-court, hence the reason he settled for a ton of pull-up jumpers. You compare him to Kobe at that time for example, Kobe was just more dynamic...the first step, the handles, just a way more fluid scorer.

he shots 1% less than kobe for his career from 2 point land and 1% better than kobe from 3 point land

his shooting % was also being dropped down in houston as he fought injury after injury

so I don't get you're coming from with this, his team was also way worse in orlando than the lakers.

College superstar

He could finish, but he wasn't overly quick in the half-court, hence the reason he settled for a ton of pull-up jumpers. You compare him to Kobe at that time for example, Kobe was just more dynamic...the first step, the handles, just a way more fluid scorer.
    I would say at that time, prime for prime, it was really close.