Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What’s gonna happen to the sports talk economy when LeBron retires?

I think about the careers of guys like skip bay less and Shannon sharpe. How are they gonna fill the air time when LeBron retires? I think they can still milk out LeBron for a year or two after he retires (hell Jordan is still sports talk fodder). At some point you won’t have new things to talk about LeBron and when that happens what happens to dudes like nick wright? What happens to ISH?

Default Re: What’s gonna happen to the sports talk economy when LeBron retires?

The media will hop on some other players cawk for as long as they can... and the league will pamper the hell out of him. Basically, another LeBron. But what they'll really be looking for is another winner and media machine like MJ was.

Nick Wright won't have a job anymore. I'll be happy to see that parrot looking prepubescent voiced loser disappear.
    Last edited by bullettooth; 03-03-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Lots of people will physically harm themselves after LeBron retires because they don't have anything to look forward to.

College superstar

Bransexuals can continue to follow lebrons offcourt activities and find solace in that

College superstar

Future generations are goong to find a ton of youtube compilations of lebrons crabwalking and flopping.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

The same thing that'll happen with every big star that retires. You go to another one.

It went from Kareem/Dr J to Magic/Bird to MJ. Then to Shaq/Kobe. Then to LeBron. Then to Curry, then back to LeBron.

Some of the guys who grew up with LeBron is gonn'a miss him like how the ppl with Kobe gonn'a miss'em, and the ppl with MJ miss him. It's a cycle.

They and you guys would probably laugh at some of the comparisons they would give out or the younger generation when they say, "Player A is better than Lebron, this is is why!"

Or "Is player A just as good as LeBron or even better?"

etc, etc. They do it all the time. Some guys who grew up in this era, will probably talk about how great this era is compared to whatever era the future will be. Players of today might look at the players of the future and be like, "You a'ight. But in my day, I'll be giving it to you" and they may talk about the rules. Russell does that. Wilt did that. Dr. J sort'a. Kareem criticize Shaq. Some ppl criticize MJ. Magic and Bird don't really talk about themselves as much as they talk about the team nowadays, but they'll be like "I wasn't bad." Shaq and Barkley are doing what Wilt, Russell, Kareem did to them. And you best believe it's going to happen again. Some players who retire in the mid 00s or so are like, "With the rules now, I'll be giving it to the youngsters."

They did the exact same thing with MJ.

And the comparisons are always there.

If you are white, tall and you can shoot, you're Larry Bird.

If you are big PG, you're magic.

If you are SG who scores a lot, you're MJ.

Oh, and and some ppl will credit a move that was invented by whatever player, and say they are inspired by them when he stole it from another player in the past.

Etc, etc. Happens all the time. There probably is a star that carry the load after LeBron retires. It could Luka, Giannis, Zion, Embiid, Jokic, or somebody that we don't know yet. We'll see. If you haven't lived through an era like some of the older ppl have, you may not know the cycle. But it's a cycle. After Magic/Bird, it was who was the next Magic? After MJ, who was the next MJ? After LeBron, you'll get the picture.

They don't just talk about him.

They talk about SPORTS you morons.

Serious playground baller

Forget sports talk, Bron retiring would be the final nail in the coffin for this forum.

Banned

It depends. Will there be another player who has a better career than Michael Jordan to make Jordan stans salty enough to talk about him 24/7?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    I think about the careers of guys like skip bay less and Shannon sharpe. How are they gonna fill the air time when LeBron retires? I think they can still milk out LeBron for a year or two after he retires (hell Jordan is still sports talk fodder). At some point you won’t have new things to talk about LeBron and when that happens what happens to dudes like nick wright? What happens to ISH?
    It will be shit. Bron moves the needle because he's so polarizing. There's nobody coming up at the moment that's even close

His name will live on forever in goat debates, and if that fails they can always defend his honor and dick size on message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    It depends. Will there be another player who has a better career than Michael Jordan to make Jordan stans salty enough to talk about him 24/7?
    You sure do love talking about him, despite the hate.

I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    You act like people watch those shows.

Those shows are so buried in culture, no one outside the 1% on twitter cares man. Real people are working when these guys are on.

Bronny James