• Larry Johnson

3 14.29%
  • Shawn Kemp

6 28.57%
  • Other

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

Default Re: Best Player Comparison for Zion?

If they were a hair better and leaned on him like they should he would be in the mvp convo already. He’s at 28 or 30 entering most 4Q.

Hope he keeps playing like this

I think Jay Will gave an awesome comparison. Zion is looking like a mix of Chuck and Nique to me right now. Chuck was the LAST player in the league at 270+ pounds (his rookie year) who that that type of handles and explosiveness as an undersized (height wise) PF. BOTH can function as a point power forward type of player. So for those reasons, Chuck HAS to be a comp.

But Zion's explosiveness off two hops, the tip dunks, alleyoops, and spin moves slashing to the rack remind me of Dominique. His rebounding ability is MORE IN LINE with a young Nique. Zion isn't a great rebounder like Chuck yet. He's getting 7 boards a night like Nique. Larry Johnson back in the day was sort of a mix of Barkley and Nique as well.

BUT if Zion wants to reach that MVP level of player, I still think his attributes will be like an evolved version of Barkley. At that size, power, explosiveness, and all around ability, that's the best comp. BUT athletic ability wise,his brand does remind me of a supersized Nique. So Barkley, Nique, and LJ mix for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I don't really think he has a comparison with any other player really. He has his own skill set that differs a lot from the players mentioned in the OP.

He has his own uniqueness.
    For real. Him and Morant. Truly unique and hard to compare. Like you can add others like Kenyon Martin with his bounciness. Or a thick shorter David Robinson. A more agile Barkely. Motor like Sprewell. One of the most unique players I have ever seen.

In the beginning it was Barkley. But they don't play the same. Zion plays "bully ball" and if it was not for his superior athleticism it will be just another guy.

The way he plays today is Blake Griffin 2.0

The barkley comparison is dead already. Chuck averages 22 points per game as well as 11 rebounds per game

Bulkier shawn kemp