Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Let me ask you an uninteresting question that’s never been asked.

In 2021 would you rather have Mehmet Okur in his prime:

or

Kenyon Martin in his?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Let me ask you an uninteresting question that’s never been asked.

Probably Martin. He may have been able to stretch out to 3 if he had to and was the better defender. Okur would get exposed defensively. A backup today at best. Martin too if he couldn't shoot the 3 which he hit at 37% one year though on not very many attempts

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You know when Okur was still a piston some of the early analytics types came on ISH to explain he was better than Ben Wallace because he was miles better on offense and only a slightly worse defender based on whatever stupid numbers were being used?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Okur is better for modern offense but I figure defensive versatility gives Martin an edge as well. And he would still be a good finisher.

NBA sixth man of the year

Okur I always viewed as Brad Miller with more shooting range and less passing ability.

Kenyon Martin i think was the more balanced overall player before he had like 20 different surgeries.

I will go with Kenyon because his defense. Okur's game fits today's style better though.

Okur because of his shooting, a skill that is primo today.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Okur I always viewed as Brad Miller with more shooting range and less passing ability.

Kenyon Martin i think was the more balanced overall player before he had like 20 different surgeries.

I will go with Kenyon because his defense. Okur's game fits today's style better though.
    What is this? You made a post without mentioning Kawhi Leonard.

Get your shit together.

We need a Brad Miller thread.

I might be remembering wrong but I feel like he had some monster games late in his career, back when they weren't an average day for Jokic. 30/18 shit.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Okur because of his shooting, a skill that is primo today.

What is this? You made a post without mentioning Kawhi Leonard.

Get your shit together.
    I analyze the game. No favoritism. You may think i'm wrong but it's my opinion at the end of the day.

Ask yourself this; who would be a better fit with iverson? okur or Martin? If your answer was Martin than you have the right answer. He would be an upgrade of the version of Webber iverson played with

Really hated Kmart back then but he would have been better due to the aforementioned defensive versatility. On offense he was a great athlete very well suited for todays pace and space style of play. A modern day Kenyon probably gets 20ppg 10rebounds with a couple of blocks and steals and a few dpoy nominations or even win it. All of this is assuming he stays injury free.

NBA rookie of the year

Kenyon Maartin.

In this soft era probably Okur. Europeans suck defensively

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

I'll take the Turkish Tre.

I today's league I'd almost always take offensive stars over defensive ones. Okur was a pretty great stretch big.

Kenyon was a very good player especially defensively but injuries cut his career short. He's a more athletic and much less offensive polished Montrezl Harrell but with really good defense.