Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jokic or Embiid?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Read this more than once and I don’t understand what you even typed.
    I thought you posted the " so nothing" post but that was someone else.

Who the hell is yall? Don’t introduce some nonsense into this topic. Embiid has better post moves. There’s a reason Embiid is the better scorer of the two and it ain’t because he can shoot the 3 I’ll tell you that.
    You are right, it isn't because he shoots 3s. It is because he gets to the foul line more often.

From the field jokic scores more points on better efficiency.
    Last edited by tontoz; 02-28-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    You are right, it isn't because he shoots 3s. It is because he gets to the foul line more often.

From the field jokic scores more points on better efficiency.
    So we subtracting free throws now? Embiid still averages more ppg than Jokic. Stop with the efficiency crap. Embiid has always imposed his will offensive than Jokic has in his career. Not even debatable. Kudos to Jokic best season to date thus far. Embiid played 5 less games. Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Jokic has an all nba first team selection. Embiid got 0.
    What’s your point? That negates the fact embiid has accomplished more in terms of accolades than Jokic? Cool.

Jokic made a first team in his career therefore he is better than Embiid. End debate.

So we subtracting free throws now? Embiid still averages more ppg than Jokic. Stop with the efficiency crap. Embiid has always imposed his will offensive than Jokic has in his career. Not even debatable. Kudos to Jokic best season to date thus far. Embiid played 5 less games. Tragic.
    Do you really think that "5 less games" comment will also be applicable at the end of the season?

Both guys are having career years. Which one is more likely to continue to play, and play at that level?

Let's not forget that for his career jokic has a career average of 25 ppg in the playoffs with strong efficiency. Embiid...well maybe this will be his year.
    Last edited by tontoz; 02-28-2021 at 04:57 PM.

What’s your point? That negates the fact embiid has accomplished more in terms of accolades than Jokic? Cool.

Jokic made a first team in his career therefore he is better than Embiid. End debate.
    Embiid has 1 more All star game in a weaker conference.

Jokic is better

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Both sides arguing like its not close. I always liked Jokic's game a bit more but this year they are really close. Both of them stepped up tbh. And who do you guys think is the better player between Murray and Simmons?

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Who is playing better right now and who would you rather take going forward?
    This is an interesting question that I’ve never seen asked before.

There are two schools of thought.

One side chooses jokic

The other side is wrong.

Do you really think that "5 less games" comment will also be applicable at the end of the season?

Both guys are having career years. Which one is more likely to continue to play, and play at that level?

Let's not forget that for his career jokic has a career average of 25 ppg in the playoffs with strong efficiency. Embiid...well maybe this will be his year.
    Who knows what will happen the rest of the year? We are dealing with the now. For all the availability talk Embiid is only 5gma behind Jokic. And he plays less minutes.

Both are more likely to continue their high level play this season. I hope you aren’t posing such a question to think Embiid will tail off and Jokic will remain the same if not go up a notch.

Congrats Jokic on his playoff performances. Still a head scratcher how he’s Mr availability where he’s played more games, more seasons than Embiid and STILL has less playoff appearances. Yikes. Late bloomer I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Both sides arguing like its not close. I always liked Jokic's game a bit more but this year they are really close. Both of them stepped up tbh. And who do you guys think is the better player between Murray and Simmons?
    It depends. Murray’s performance so far in February and last playoffs is a level Simmons hasn’t reached but in general Simmons has easily been better. Assuming Murray got over whatever was affecting him earlier this year and “Bubble Murray” is a permanent thing, he’s better.

Embiid has 1 more All star game in a weaker conference.
    And 2 all defensive teams. I know defense doesn’t matter to the Jokic fans. Let me guess you once again didn’t fully read what was posted again? You may want to read thoroughly through posts before replying. You’re becoming cringe. No need to rush replies take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    What is with posters here lumping everyone’s opinions into one? Pretty poor assumption on your end. I’ve always maintained the arguable as debatable in prior threads. It’s Jokic fans who feel it’s not close. In fact you’ll see more of that in here than vice versa. And in other threads? It’s not even close who feels it’s not even close. I can give Jokic props and say he’s most likely the best passing big I’ve ever seen in my life. And in older than most here. And I’m talkin eye test not studying stats, advanced stats and thinking you saw a person either.

Embiid is better and I enjoy saying it because it triggers Jokic fans.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    It depends. Murray’s performance so far in February and last playoffs is a level Simmons hasn’t reached but in general Simmons has easily been better. Assuming Murray got over whatever was affecting him earlier this year and “Bubble Murray” is a permanent thing, he’s better.
    The funny thing is Embiid-Murray and Jokic-Simmons would be a lot more complimentary as duos. There is a possible trade right there imo, salaries are close too.

Both are more likely to continue their high level play this season. I hope you aren’t posing such a question to think Embiid will tail off and Jokic will remain the same if not go up a notch.

I think embiid may already be starting to tail off. He just had a 3 game stretch shooting a combined 14-53 from the field.

Could be just a random cold spell but he has a history and reliability isn't part of it.