View Poll Results: Do you read the stats after the games ??

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do

5 100.00%
  • No I do not

0 0%
  • Never looked , why bother

0 0%
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default how many of you read the stat sheets the next day ??

It has been so ingrained in me when I used to read a paper , and we never had internet.
    To this day I still do it , and one of the guys I am eyeing on is Curry - (Who I think could win the scoring title this year)

I analyze my Bucks as well , hopefully seeing something I might not of seen in a game.
    I feel for example that my Bucks have a much weaker bench , but that could change if they get Hill back.

So you guys read the stats on a regular bases ??

Default Re: how many of you read the stat sheets the next day ??

Yes of course. Isn’t that half the fun of following sports?

Kinda amateur hour, bro?

Pretty sure every respected poster on ish runs 2 if not 3 displays viewing games while casually glancing @ NBA.com stats livefeed. Whether phone, ipad, monitor or tv. There's just really no excuses anymore.

2* for participating I guess :/

I check the stats most of the time. Reminds me of a story, though...

Back in the day, we didn't have a subscription to The New York Times, in fact The New York Times couldn't be gotten nationally as a subscription before 1991 or something like that, although it covered the nation and was the national newspaper of record since 1970, and although I would get the occasional NYT, but I was probably one of the first people to have the web on my computer, so I got the stats for the games since 1995. I was quite immersed in basketball data during the 1996 Finals from the outset of the NBA's official website. They had quarterly updates, starting with the 1996-97 season IIRC, although those stats are unofficial, and I'd be keen to check every now and again for a stat update. Every now and again I'd jot down a stat from the telemonitor of the televised game and then might check it a bit later on the computer.
    Last edited by 72-10; 03-04-2021 at 02:37 AM.