Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default LeBron responds to Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Never I would ever just stick to sports"

LeLeader

Default Re: LeBron responds to Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Never I would ever just stick to sports"

Default Re: LeBron responds to Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Never I would ever just stick to sports"

LeBron's response was powerful.

"As athletes, we've been hearing this for a long time. You should be thankful to be able to dribble a ball... You shouldn't be able to speak about anything else, no matter if it's right or wrong, you should just do that. But that's not the case. That's not the case anymore. As long as I'm around, it won't be the case for a long time."

I could not be more proud of him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    LeBron's response was powerful.

"As athletes, we've been hearing this for a long time. You should be thankful to be able to dribble a ball... You shouldn't be able to speak about anything else, no matter if it's right or wrong, you should just do that. But that's not the case. That's not the case anymore. As long as I'm around, it won't be the case for a long time."

I could not be more proud of him right now.
    I am a proud fan

Decent college freshman

LeTiny can barely even read

Of course Don Brando would never say "He's right, I should never talk about politics again, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just gonna play ball."

Who does that?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

That's the problem... his voice is powerful, but he's retarded. (in that realm)

We shouldn't be taking political advice from a guy who hasn't had to try in school since like the 7th grade. Or perhaps never had to.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    That's the problem... his voice is powerful, but he's retarded. (in that realm)

We shouldn't be taking political advice from a guy who hasn't had to try in school since like the 7th grade. Or perhaps never had to.
    There is something called "educating yourself". You don't need school to learn about your history.

Why no one said a thing about Ali involving himself in politics as a professional boxer? Why is it an issue for LeBron to do it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Why no one said a thing about Ali involving himself in politics as a professional boxer? Why is it an issue for LeBron to do it?
    It's really quite simple. Nobody ever said that Ali was a better basketball player than their favorite basketball player, like they said about LeBron. Thus, they weren't butthurt for life with regards to Ali like they are with anything LeBron does, on or off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    LeBron? He's a ghetto brat in every way. It's cringe worthy to even hear him speak.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    There is something called "educating yourself". You don't need school to learn about your history.

Have you ever listened to a Muhammad Ali interview?

He's a brilliant man. Outside of boxing. And went through way more hardship than LeBron whose been coddled his whole life. At the same age LeBron was getting 100 million dollar Nike deals, Ali was being sent to prison for refusing to serve in a corrupt war. No tattoo's. No ebonics. No du-rags. Dressed well. Eloquent speaker. I could go on and on. I could listen to Ali for days. LeBron? He's a ghetto brat in every way. It's cringe worthy to even hear him speak.

LeBron is principally correct. Athletes are entitled to a political opinion and the right to voice it. Does anyone chide people from other professions for having political opinions? We don’t tell chefs to shut up and cook. We don’t tell construction workers to shut up and build. We don’t tell nutritionists to shut up and diet. But it’s become common for conservatives to tell athletes to shut up and dribble and the reason is obvious: a lot of pro athletes in the US are black. It has nothing to do with the fact they are athletes. Conservatives are bothered by outspoken black people. They are uncomfortable with it because they expect black people to only shuck and jive, and entertain them.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

"Never I would ever" ?? Please tell me he didn't say it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    "Never I would ever" ?? Please tell me he didn't say it like that.
    No. He is literally quoted in the image OP posted you illiterate dipshit.