Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cali Love

Default Re: KG says in his new book he called Kobe to team up before going to Boston.

I think KG is the type of guy that acts gangsta around other ball players. Altho Kobe respected his game he didn't fukk with him like that.

Way different era too...star players didn't get on banana boats together...

Kobe's ego was sky high back then so he probably was like I don't give a shit where you go

Default Re: KG says in his new book he called Kobe to team up before going to Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00 View Post
    I think KG is the type of guy that acts gangsta around other ball players. Altho Kobe respected his game he didn't fukk with him like that.

Way different era too...star players didn't get on banana boats together...

Kobe's ego was sky high back then so he probably was like I don't give a shit where you go
    Kobe literally wanted out of LA because of the losing. He cared

College superstar

If it comes, it comes. But Kobe would not go out of his way calling other superstars to recruit them.

Kobe + KG + Gasol... yea. They would have run off 3-4 straight easily. LOL at mentioning Odom who is a poor man's... no wait the poorest man's imaginable version of KG. And Bynum who wasn't even on the court half the time.

I remember at the time there were a lot of KG to Lakers rumors. Who knows what happened... If Kobe never got the messages or he didn't want to team up with KG for whatever reason.

Couldn't win as the teams number one offensive option, doesn't surprise me his 3 choices in FA were LA with Kobe, the Suns with Nash, and the Celtics with Allen/Pierce.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Kobe and KG would've been sick. I feel like they would've dominated the league for a while. Their games complemented each other too I think. KG shared that story plenty of times too.

If KG had gone to LA, wouldn't Boston then target Pau Gasol? PP/Ray/Gasol/Rondo would be pretty sick too, especially considering his younger age.