Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Some of Kobe's and Duncan rings are 2nd option rings

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Duncan was a regular-season king. What about it?
    Comprehension not your best suit here.

You said:

Both were better in 2007
    Then I said this:

Fvck outta here with Tony Parker being better
    Your claim was that Tony Parker was better than Duncan in 2007. Which is absurd.

Using your own logic (which doesn't mean much), Duncan was better than both in 2007.

Duncan was not a sidekick in 2007. In 2014 you could argue he was still the most important player, but no big deal if you think he wasn't. But to think Parker was the main guy is hilarious.

Kobe rightfully so sidekick for 3 rings, maybe 4 if you consider Pau the main guy in 2010.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Comprehension not your best suit here.

You said:

Then I said this:

Your claim was that Tony Parker was better than Duncan in 2007. Which is absurd.

Using your own logic (which doesn't mean much), Duncan was better than both in 2007.
    English definitely isn't yours. You mentioned regular-season caveats when I had the postseason in mind. Players like Harden and Luka look better than LeBron in the regular-season and the tables turn in the playoffs. Pretty easy to pickup on if you understand the game (which you clearly don't).

NBA Superstar

English definitely isn't yours. You mentioned regular-season caveats when I had the postseason in mind. Players like Luka and look better than LeBron in the regular-season and the tables turn in the playoffs. Pretty easy to pickup on if you understand the game.
    What does that have to do with Tony Parker being better than Tim Duncan in any capacity ever?

Local High School Star

What does that have to do with Tony Parker being better than Tim Duncan in any capacity ever?
    When did winning MVP make you the better player?

NBA Superstar

Both were better in 2007
    So this is now no longer something that you believe?

Mentioning Duncan's MVP status was just a way of commenting on how they weren't in the same league as players.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Regular season king but he got more FMVPs (3) than Regular season MVPs (2) Sorry to offend you but you are not really a bright guy.
    I'm referring to his post, not Duncan's career resume. Read between the lines, dork.

So this is now no longer something that you believe?

Mentioning Duncan's MVP status was just a way of commenting on how they weren't in the same league as players.
    How would you mentioning MVPs change what I said? Or somehow make me not believe it anymore? Nash won MVPs over Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Dirk etc. and was never in a different league than those guys. Your argument is weak.

I'm referring to his post, not Duncan's career resume. Read between the lines, dork.

How would you mentioning MVPs change what I said? Or somehow make me not believe it anymore? Nash won MVPs over Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Dirk etc. and was never in a different league than those guys. Your argument is weak.
    What exactly are you basing your argument on? Because in the 07 playoffs, Duncan still averaged more points than Parker. When it comes to defence then its Steve Nash vs Bill Russel, so what made Parker the guy? Cause he scored more points in 1 series?

NBA Superstar

I'm referring to his post, not Duncan career achievements. Read between the lines, dork.

How would you mentioning MVP's change what I said? Or somehow make me not believe it anymore? Nash won MVP over Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Dirk etc. and was never in a different league than those guys. Your argument is weak.
    With all of those guys also finishing in the top 5...and being revered as elite players in the game.

But regardless, your argument still doesn't hold.

The logic behind Manu being the best player on the Spurs in 2005 doesn't apply to 2007, or to Tony Parker ever. Duncan's impact numbers vs Parkers in the playoffs in 2007 are not close. At all.

quatro isn't just the ring count

4/4 finals MVP ratio.

also got four of the 11 finals MVP votes in 2015 (curry got zero votes even though he won)

could've easily had 6 finals MVPs already if he wasnt playing the all-time stacked warriors

How the heck was Duncan's 2007 ring a 2nd option ring? He was easily the best player on that team.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Saying somebody is a sidekick or got carried cause of finals mvp (4 - 7 game period) is sooo stupid

Was Curry a sidekick to Iggy?
    Was sheed, ben or Hamilton carried by chauncey?

Anyways, side kick or not, their help got the job done
    Lebron was a sidekick to Wade in 2011 and failed him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

How was Duncan not the first option in 2007? He led the team in scoring in the regular season and the post season. And even if he wasn't the first option he was the best player on the team. This first option, second option shit is nonsense. Ben Wallace was the best and most impactful player on the 2004 Pistons championship and he was like the 10th option.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    How the heck was Duncan's 2007 ring a 2nd option ring? He was easily the best player on that team.
    Who won fmvp that year

Not a fan of Duncan but he is hilariously underrated. Part of it must be because of his seemingly low key personality which hides how fierce he was as a competitor to the newer fans who never experienced how good he was at his peak.