Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Lakers at Jazz

Default Re: Lakers at Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    The Nets and Clippers are shooting ridiculous percentages from deep.

Clippers as a team are shooting 42% on 34 attempts a game.

Nets as a team are shooting 40.7% on 38 attempts a game.

To put that in perspective, Steph freaking Curry is shooting 41.6% on 11.9 attempts a game. It's just madness. It's not even a small sample size anymore. We're nearly half way through the season.
    Joe Harris is shooting 51% from 3 from 6.7 attempts. He has a 70% TS as the 4th option of the team. I refuse to believe that both these teams will shoot this well once the PS starts, otherwise every other team may as well stay home.

To me, it seems like shooting has been more accurate this season than any other year. Now is this because magically every ****ing player learned how to shoot better during the off season? Or, something else happen? Not having crowds is showing us how much more accurate players can get without distractions. Now that crowds are starting to come back in, I wonder if it will continue.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Joe Harris is shooting 51% from 3 from 6.7 attempts. He has a 70% TS as the 4th option of the team. I refuse to believe that both these teams will shoot this well once the PS starts, otherwise every other team may as well stay home.

To me, it seems like shooting has been more accurate this season than any other year. Now is this because magically every ****ing player learned how to shoot better during the off season? Or, something else happen? Not having crowds is showing us how much more accurate players can get without distractions. Now that crowds are starting to come back in, I wonder if it will continue.
    Thats what happens when teams have to pay attention to multiple super stars at once. Role players get wide open looks.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Thats what happens when teams have to pay attention to multiple super stars at once. Role players get wide open looks.
    This is not the first time that a role player has been left open a lot. Nets and Clippers have many guys that are all shooting career highs, and none of that is sustainable. Harris shooting over 50% on nearly 7 attempts is absurd unless he became the greatest shooter of all time last summer.