Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Iguodala currently more likely to be in the Hall of Fame than Klay or Draymond?

It was expected that with Klay and Draymond being younger and talked about with Steph as part of the Warriors' core trio that they would likely join Curry in the Hall of Fame as the key representatives of the historic Warriors teams.

But the last couple of years have not gone quite as expected.

Klay is currently recovering from two serious injuries. There is a chance he may never get back to being the player he was. If he doesn't or gets traded to a non-contender will he have already accomplished enough to make the Hall of Fame?

Draymond on the other hand has seen his play deteriorate. He was the tank commander for a last place team and his scoring has disappeared.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Andre Iguodala has more on his résumé to make a convincing argument for the Hall of Fame than these two former teammates.

Your thoughts?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Iguodala currently more likely to be in the Hall of Fame than Klay or Draymond?

Klay is going though nowhere near first ballot, Dray probably won’t, Iggy absolutely won’t.

Good college starter

Default Re: Iguodala currently more likely to be in the Hall of Fame than Klay or Draymond?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Klay is going though nowhere near first ballot, Dray probably won’t, Iggy absolutely won’t.
    Does that make sense though? What Andre has going in his favor is that he has shown himself to be all-star material on another team separate from Curry. He has led other teams to the playoffs.

Also while technically coming off the bench, Andre played starter minutes and was basically a stealth starter for the Warriors.

Draymond is never getting there. Too early to talk about Klay and Iggy until we know what version of Klay is coming back.

Also Iggy was trash for Miami since his move. Just because they made the final, it doesn't mean anything.

has a finals MVP ever not made the HoF?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    has a finals MVP ever not made the HoF?
    Cedric Maxwell.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Cedric Maxwell and Chauncey Billups won’t.

Cedric Maxwell and Chauncey Billups won’t.
    Blaze I promise you Billups will make the HOF. I’d bet money on it.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Igudola, Klay, and Draymond will all fail to make the Hall Of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    Igudola, Klay, and Draymond will all fail to make the Hall Of Fame.
    Klay has a lot of basketball left. He’s already a top 5 shooter of all time arguably. He has a much better chance at HOF than those two.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Klay has a lot of basketball left. He’s already a top 5 shooter of all time arguably. He has a much better chance at HOF than those two.
    He has the most chance but it'll be an uphill battle for him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

If they do it will be like all shitty Celtics that got in because of Bill Russell

Good High School Starter

I think Klay will get, I have doubts about Iguodala (it will depend on competition, how many people are available, etc.) and Draymond will have to add more accolades to his resume if he wants to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Blaze I promise you Billups will make the HOF. I’d bet money on it.
    He doesn’t deserve too. Billups overrated like a mfer

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    He doesn’t deserve too. Billups overrated like a mfer
    Jealous he had more impact than your lover AI