Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Zach LaVine to the Warriors Trade Scenario

Warriors receive: LaVine and Satoransky
    Bulls receive: Klay Thompson, 2021 T Wolves 1st round pick, and 2021 unprotected GSW 1st round pick.

Why do the Bulls do it: LaVine only has 1 more year left on his contract after this season and there is no guarantee that his re-signs. The Bulls should commit to rebuilding. This trade would allow them to tank the rest of the season. They could end up with 2 top 5 picks (their own and the T Wolves pick). They can get Klay back for next season and can flip him for more assets when he starts balling. (KD and Wall have looked good after achilles tears so it isn't too risky)

Why do the the Warriors do it: LaVine is only 26 years old (he will turn 26 on March 10th). He can be their ultimate bridge player from the Curry era to the Wiseman era. He can help them contend immediately. GSW can't waste another year of Curry's prime. He can also become a long term future piece. Satoransky is added to the deal to make the contracts work. He can be a valuable bench player.

Curry/Wanamaker
    LaVine/Oubre
    Wiggins/Satoransky
    Draymond/Paschall
    Wiseman/Looney

Default Re: Zach LaVine to the Warriors Trade Scenario

Bulls wouldn't do this...

Good college starter

A pertinent question to ask right now is what is LaVine going to do in 2 years? Is he going to stay or is he going to go? Where?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Bulls wouldn't do this...
    They might consider it if they know LaVine won't re-sign. Are they better off next year with LaVine on an expiring contract and likely a late lottery pick or Klay (3 years left on his contract), possibly 2 top 5 picks (Min and their own), and a late 1st rounder from GSW.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    A pertinent question to ask right now is what is LaVine going to do in 2 years? Is he going to stay or is he going to go? Where?
    Yeah. That's the main question. The Bulls should be proactive about this.

Don't think the Bulls do this. Also Zack certain to extend? What if he leaves?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Don't think the Bulls do this. Also Zack certain to extend? What if he leaves?
    The deal would be contingent on LaVine informing the Bulls that he won't re-sign and informing the GSW that he will re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H View Post
    The deal would be contingent on LaVine informing the Bulls that he won't re-sign and informing the GSW that he will re-sign.
    I mean.. I don't hate the move. The big question mark is what Klay do we get back. A guy that's missed 2 years of basketball. If Klay got back to 100%, no. If not, then yes. But since we don't know, I'm not fully against it either.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    I mean.. I don't hate the move. The big question mark is what Klay do we get back. A guy that's missed 2 years of basketball. If Klay got back to 100%, no. If not, then yes. But since we don't know, I'm not fully against it either.
    Yeah. He missed 2 years of basketball. IMO his shooting should be 100% normal but I think defensively he won't be the same. He will turn 32 years old next February so the age difference is substantial. For the draft I'm not that high on Jonathan Kuminga and Jalen Green. Cunningham and Mobley are top 3 locks. So the best case scenario for the Warriors is to select Jalen Suggs with the 4th overall pick. Worst case scenario is the T Wolves keep the pick since it's top 3 protected. If Klay returns 100% back to normal and the 4th pick turns out to be Suggs then it's a bad trade.

Zach and Steph are too similar for it to work. They could alternate between playing on and off the ball but it would take away from both their games. and defence would be an issue.

Zach needs to team up with Embiid or Butler or Giannis as a 2nd star. then it would be game over.

NBA lottery pick

Actually Jalen Green is really starting to perform well. I haven't been keeping track. If the MIN pick ends up being the 4th overalll pick GSW might end up regretting this trade. Suggs or Green could be available at 4.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/sta...82800601243649

With klay still injured, i don't see it happening at all.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    With klay still injured, i don't see it happening at all.
    Yeah on second thought GSW would be better off tanking. Would any team be interested in Oubre for a late 1st round pick? Maybe Oubre for the Celtics TPE and their 2021 1st rounder? I want GSW to get Suggs or at least Green with the MIN pick and Corey Kispert or Moses Moody with their own pick. Klay, Suggs/Green, and Kispert/Moody might be the better way to go.

I usually hit open layups

warriors too loyal to klay... plus no way the bulls want to pay the remainder of klay contract 3/120.