Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: There's no way that Lebron shoots the 3 better than Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing.
    You sound like Trump - "There's no way I lost Georgia!"

lol. Kobe definitely missed. If you watched Kobe you actually saw him miss more than you saw him make.

He was known for taking threes known as "ill advised."

LeBron is a better shot selector which is one reason why he is more efficient.

LBJ also caught fire from three often. He also gets in the zone where he doesn't miss - one after the other.

In short, LeBron makes better decisions and also gets hot from deep.

If we're talking about very deep threes (4 pointers/logo shots) then it's no contest LeBron > Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post

/thread

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    I just saw that Lebron shoots the 3 at 34.5 percent and Kobe only at 33. I don't understand how this is possible. When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing. I remember him always making 3s and I feared the ball would go in every time. Like he'd heat up like in NBA Jam. But with Lebron, I always remember him missing a lot of 3 pointers and hardly every going on fire.

We must just live in a very inflated era. Back then it was much harder to get up 3 point attempts. Nowadays you get spoon-fed them, so you're not really earning them. That must be what it is. There's no way that Lebron made more 3s and shot it better than Kobe. My eyes could not have been deceiving me, I know what I saw. At the end of the day, Kobe was the better shooter and 3 point shooter. Look at free throw percentages. That will give you the more honest assessment because there's no variables when it comes to free throws.

Even in the all star game, Kobe packed Lebron twice. He could do it all. You can't deny what you saw.
    Hard to compare tbh. Kobe could and would take and hit tougher shots often against double teams. Bron rare faces doubles and when he does he usually just passes out of it instead of trying to go at it.

Some are saying bron takes smarter ones but it's not that simple. Bron can't take and hit the kind of threes that kobe did so he doesn't bother. Kobe on the other hand could and did hit extremely tough threes so he took them more because he knew he could.

Overall I'd say Kobe was a better 3 point shooter. It's pretty close though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Kobe's main problem from 3pt land was his horrible shot selection. He chucked up awful 3pt shots throughout his career.

[QUOTE=PeroAntic;14256747]No, I'm saying Lebron knows he isn't a good shooter when the defence contests, so he shoots only when he is open. [QUOTE]

This is absolute nonsense.