Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: There's no way that Lebron shoots the 3 better than Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    He shot under 35% from 3 15 times so if you remember them going in you simply remember wrong. He had wild shot selection for one and early in his career it still wasn’t a three point shooting league. Kobe was a scorer not a shooter. There is a subtle difference.
    An 84% FT shooter wasn't a shooter? He shot 88% in the 2009 playoff run.

He was both.

All you have to do is look at a game against Charlotte when all the lights were dim in the gym to see how good Kobe was. I think he dropped like 55 on em and he was hitting clutch fadeaway 3s. One of the best players I’ve ever seen

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    An 84% FT shooter wasn't a shooter? He shot 88% in the 2009 playoff run.

He was both.

A lot of good ft shooters are scorers not outright shooters. Too many to bother naming them. Ray Allen was a slasher, could post up, and obviously shoot the lights out. He was a scorer and a shooter. Kobe’s a scorer. It’s not like....a lesser thing. Just different.

A lot of good ft shooters are scorers not outright shooters. Too many to bother naming them. Ray Allen was a slasher, could post up, and obviously shoot the lights out. He was a scorer and a shooter. Kobe’s a scorer. It’s not like....a lesser thing. Just different.
    What FT shooter that peaked at almost 90% wasn't a shooter? Maybe Magic and that's it? But he didn't have any range.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron. He shot the FTs and midrange better. The 3pt shot he could shoot it, but he had bad shot selection and the league at the time wasn't a 3pt shooting league.

But as other ppl said, he is more of a scorer than a shooter. LeBron take better shots than Kobe. He doesn't force it. And teams often give him the shot than him driving.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

What FT shooter that peaked at almost 90% wasn't a shooter? Maybe Magic and that's it? But he didn't have any range.
    Haha, I feel like Magic was a underrated shooter. Not as good as Bird mind you and not as good as any known shooters, plus he had a weird shooting motion, but he could knock it down. Magic had a lot of open shots to be fair, he knew when to take it.

I definitely think if he worked on his 3pt shot, he'll be solid. He had some years where she shot well from there.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    I just saw that Lebron shoots the 3 at 34.5 percent and Kobe only at 33. I don't understand how this is possible. When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing. I remember him always making 3s and I feared the ball would go in every time. Like he'd heat up like in NBA Jam. But with Lebron, I always remember him missing a lot of 3 pointers and hardly every going on fire.

We must just live in a very inflated era. Back then it was much harder to get up 3 point attempts. Nowadays you get spoon-fed them, so you're not really earning them. That must be what it is. There's no way that Lebron made more 3s and shot it better than Kobe. My eyes could not have been deceiving me, I know what I saw. At the end of the day, Kobe was the better shooter and 3 point shooter. Look at free throw percentages. That will give you the more honest assessment because there's no variables when it comes to free throws.

Even in the all star game, Kobe packed Lebron twice. He could do it all. You can't deny what you saw.
    OP is legit retarded

Lebron is undoubtedly better than Kobe as a player overall, although shooting is always his deficiency. If he can shoot half as good as Kobe, he'd already be as good as MJ, but it doesnt happen.

Kobe's shot selection was awful. Guys like Curry, Dame and Harden can take tough contested 3 and make them at a good percentage. Kobe couldn't but kept taking them anyway.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Magic got around 38 percent when he started shooting them I think. That said....Magic is the most obvious but there are plenty. A lot of bigs were good ft shooters.

Several scorers too. Guys like your much hated Lou Williams. He shoots better from the ft line and 3 than Kobe but he’s not a shooter either. Classic scorer. A bucket. Kobe may be the goat of that type if you don’t consider Jordan the same type. I’d say second three peat was. Young Jordan was prime Wade turned up to 11. Not a shooter but just...overwhelming.

Magic got around 38 percent when he started shooting them I think. That said....Magic is the most obvious but there are plenty. A lot of bigs were good ft shooters.

Several scorers too. Guys like your much hated Lou Williams. He shoots better from the ft line and 3 than Kobe but he’s not a shooter either. Classic scorer. A bucket. Kobe may be the goat of that type if you don’t consider Jordan the same type. I’d say second three peat was. Young Jordan was prime Wade turned up to 11. Not a shooter but just...overwhelming.
    I don't hate Lou Williams. I just recognize his impact offense + defense isn't positive. I'm controlled by bad things. But I don't regret that analysis.

Kobe played to win, and not to make his percentages look good. He wasn't stat conscience in terms of efficiency, yet still had quite a few championship runs where he was very efficient on high volume. Kobe was a bail out artist and ballsy player. He'd chuck a 90 footer before halftime at the buzzer for the prayer it might go in. And obviously in a situation like that, it's a nothing to lose scenario. Lebron is the type who will launch that shot a half second after the buzzer went off to pretend he was trying for it, but really wasn't and was actually just looking after his numbers. I've seen him do that a bunch of times.
    Think you're referring to your new hero of the East. This is what KD had to say.

“It depends on what I’m shooting from the field. First quarter if I’m 4-for-4, I let it go. Third quarter if I’m like 10-for-16, or 10-for-17, I might let it go. But if I’m like 8-for-19, I’m going to go ahead and dribble one more second and let that buzzer go off and then throw it up there. So it depends on how the game’s going.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-duran...mCrnuky1EvOx81

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk View Post
    Kobe might be the better 3 point shooter, but Lebron is smarter.
    This sums it up pretty well.

Pure 3 point shooting contest Kobe would kill Lebron.

The thing is, kobe has worse shot selection and takes way harder 3's. They are usually unpredictable.

Lebron on the other hand, i can usually tell exactly when he's about to shoot a 3. He has a flow to him when he shoots his 3's and not just random chucks like Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Haha, I feel like Magic was a underrated shooter. Not as good as Bird mind you and not as good as any known shooters, plus he had a weird shooting motion, but he could knock it down. Magic had a lot of open shots to be fair, he knew when to take it.

I definitely think if he worked on his 3pt shot, he'll be solid. He had some years where she shot well from there.
    This. Magic could definitely hit jumpers especially from midrange.

Decent college freshman

Kobe took retarded hero ball shots from beyond the arc

Lebron shoots transition threes in comparison