Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default There's no way that Lebron shoots the 3 better than Kobe

I just saw that Lebron shoots the 3 at 34.5 percent and Kobe only at 33. I don't understand how this is possible. When I was growing up, I don't remember Kobe missing. I remember him always making 3s and I feared the ball would go in every time. Like he'd heat up like in NBA Jam. But with Lebron, I always remember him missing a lot of 3 pointers and hardly every going on fire.

We must just live in a very inflated era. Back then it was much harder to get up 3 point attempts. Nowadays you get spoon-fed them, so you're not really earning them. That must be what it is. There's no way that Lebron made more 3s and shot it better than Kobe. My eyes could not have been deceiving me, I know what I saw. At the end of the day, Kobe was the better shooter and 3 point shooter. Look at free throw percentages. That will give you the more honest assessment because there's no variables when it comes to free throws.

Even in the all star game, Kobe packed Lebron twice. He could do it all. You can't deny what you saw.

Default Re: There's no way that Lebron shoots the 3 better than Kobe

Kobe might be the better 3 point shooter, but Lebron is smarter.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk View Post
    Kobe might be the better 3 point shooter, but Lebron is smarter.
    So careful with his stats trying to be “smart” that he’s missing out on clutch opportunities.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Kobe played to win, and not to make his percentages look good. He wasn't stat conscience in terms of efficiency, yet still had quite a few championship runs where he was very efficient on high volume. Kobe was a bail out artist and ballsy player. He'd chuck a 90 footer before halftime at the buzzer for the prayer it might go in. And obviously in a situation like that, it's a nothing to lose scenario. Lebron is the type who will launch that shot a half second after the buzzer went off to pretend he was trying for it, but really wasn't and was actually just looking after his numbers. I've seen him do that a bunch of times.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Kobe played to win, and not to make his percentages look good. He wasn't stat conscience in terms of efficiency, yet still had quite a few championship runs where he was very efficient on high volume. Kobe was a bail out artist and ballsy player. He'd chuck a 90 footer before halftime at the buzzer for the prayer it might go in. And obviously in a situation like that, it's a nothing to lose scenario. Lebron is the type who will launch that shot a half second after the buzzer went off to pretend he was trying for it, but really wasn't and was actually just looking after his numbers. I've seen him do that a bunch of times.
    This is so true.

Kobe might be the better 3 point shooter, but I yam we todd did.
    fixed, bitch.

Lebron shoots open threes, Kobe shot contested threes, hence the percentages. Nobody in his right mind thinks Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe.

This is so true.
    And pretend to be disappointed without looking like he gives too much of a ****. ****ing loser, just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    Lebron shoots open threes, Kobe shot contested threes, hence the percentages. Nobody in his right mind thinks Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe.
    So then LeBron is high IQ and Kobe is low IQ

LeBron chooses better spots and is a better passer which allows him to take better shots.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    So then LeBron is high IQ and Kobe is low IQ

LeBron chooses better spots and is a better passer which allows him to take better shots.

Thanks
    Somewhere in the middle between that and Lebron is a coward who only looks to preserve his efficiency stats.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    This. Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    Somewhere in the middle between that and Lebron is a coward who only looks to preserve his efficiency stats.
    So LeBron doesn't play "to win" he plays to "preserve his efficiency stats"

Okay, so you're saying that LeBron is SO GOOD, he doesn't even "play to win" and yet only one player in NBA history has more Final MVPs than him, zero players have more points than him, and he wasn't even trying to win?

LeGOAT

Thanks for the endorsement

"LeBron doesn't even try to win and yet he still has second most FMVPs and most all time points." -Pero

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation View Post
    So LeBron doesn't play "to win" he plays to "preserve his efficiency stats"

Okay, so you're saying that LeBron is SO GOOD, he doesn't even "play to win" and yet only one player in NBA history has more Final MVPs than him, zero players have more points than him, and he wasn't even trying to win?

LeGOAT

Thanks for the endorsement

"LeBron doesn't even try to win and yet he still has second most FMVPs and most all time points." -Pero
    No, I'm saying Lebron knows he isn't a good shooter when the defence contests, so he shoots only when he is open. Kobe, because he knew he was a great shooter, shot also when it was contested. I know its a waste of time to engage with dumb Lebron stans, so I don't know why Im even bothering.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He shot under 35% from 3 15 times so if you remember them going in you simply remember wrong. He had wild shot selection for one and early in his career it still wasn’t a three point shooting league. Kobe was a scorer not a shooter. There is a subtle difference.