Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default If Tom Brady was black would he be praised?

I don’t think he’d receive nearly the amount of hate he does

Default Re: If Tom Brady was black would he be praised?

Obviously. Being a straight white male is a crime these days.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Brady has haters. Lebron james has haters. Michael Jordan has haters. It's part of being a great player. There are real race issues and incidents that happen in the real world. When you complain about imagined racial issues like this thread you make it easier for real important racism to get disregarded when someone with a legitimate issue brings it forward.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

There's never been a black QB who could throw like Tom Brady (in my life time). Guys I've seen. Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Vince Young, Dante Culpepper, Lamar Jackson, Jameis Winston, Donovan McNabb.... even a guy before my time... Randall Cunningham, these guys are all runners and mediocre passers. Except Winston whose just retarded lol. Show me the superbowl win totals of QBs who can't pass, but love to run. It's like 0%. Quarterbacks need to be able to throw the ball at least at a Phillip Rivers level to ever win a chip. Russell Wilson I guess is the only guy I can think of who could throw too. DeShaun Watson might be next if he ever lands on a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Brady has haters. Lebron james has haters. Michael Jordan has haters. It's part of being a great player. There are real race issues and incidents that happen in the real world. When you complain about imagined racial issues like this thread you make it easier for real important racism to get disregarded when someone with a legitimate issue brings it forward.

What a joke

Please done dilute racism. Only play the card when there's a lot to be gained.

tom brady is black

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    There's never been a black QB who could throw like Tom Brady (in my life time). Guys I've seen. Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Vince Young, Dante Culpepper, Lamar Jackson, Jameis Winston, Donovan McNabb.... even a guy before my time... Randall Cunningham, these guys are all runners and mediocre passers. Except Winston whose just retarded lol. Show me the superbowl win totals of QBs who can't pass, but love to run. It's like 0%. Quarterbacks need to be able to throw the ball at least at a Phillip Rivers level to ever win a chip. Russell Wilson I guess is the only guy I can think of who could throw too. DeShaun Watson might be next if he ever lands on a good team.
    Are you serious? Pat Mahommes. And if Aaron Rodgers had the ability to run he would have done so vs TB in the 4th. Runners and mediocre passers is very misinformed with some of the guys you mentioned. I question did you really see them? Especially Randall Cunningham.
    Last edited by GOBB; 02-10-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Are you serious? Pat Mahommes. And if Aaron Rodgers had the ability to run he would have done so vs TB in the 4th. Runners and mediocre passers is very misinformed with some of the guys you mentioned. I question did you really see them? Especially Randall Cunningham.
    Mahomes too true. I forgot he was part black. He's the only one that can pass better than Brady... but he can pass better than everyone to ever play lol. I said I didn't see cunningham live. But I did watch a documentary on him. Apparently when he got his first big break he was a major runner and improviser... an escape artist allowed to make big plays with his feet. Then some new coach came in and tried to make him a pocket passer and he ended up getting hurt.
    Last edited by tpols; 02-10-2021 at 02:19 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Warren Moon

Mahomes too true. I forgot he was part black. He's the only one that can pass better than Brady... but he can pass better than everyone to ever play lol. I said I didn't see cunningham live. But I did watch a documentary on him. Apparently when he got his first big break he was a major runner and improviser... an escape artist allowed to make big plays with his feet. Then some new coach came in and tried to make him a pocket passer and he ended up getting hurt.
    He could throw better than he could run. He wasn’t a running QB that could throw here and there. He was a legitimate dual threat. Had a strong arm. He started rushing for a lot of yards in the NFL because the eagles had a history of never building a good OL. He really ran for his life more than took off because he couldn’t read a defense and his first read was covered. He was sacked an alarming amount of times. One year 72 times. That may be the record. When he lost his agility as a scrambler that’s not when he started being a better passer. He was always that. The situation in Minnesota was different. He had cris carter, randy moss, Robert smith and most importantly an OL where he was only sacked 20 times. In Philly he was avg over 50 sacks a season. His rookie season he was sacked 20 times in 6 games. He was sacked 20 in Minny.

Brady is different. I don’t think you have to pass like Brady to make it to the Sb. Jared Goff made it and he’s not Brady. Trent Dilfer made it and he’s not Brady. Eli Manning made it and he’s not Brady. And I mean as far as passers.

Running qbs who can’t read defenses or make all the throws u need a QB to make? Those won’t be too successful. Guys like Cunningham and mcnabb aren’t that. Mcnabb made the SB when he got a legitimate threat at WR named Terrell Owens. His best season ever as a QB. Mcnabb ran when the situation called for it. Much like Pat Mahommes and Russell Wilson. Guys like Vick and Jackson are the QBs you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    He could throw better than he could run. He wasn’t a running QB that could throw here and there. He was a legitimate dual threat. Had a strong arm. He started rushing for a lot of yards in the NFL because the eagles had a history of never building a good OL. He really ran for his life more than took off because he couldn’t read a defense and his first read was covered. He was sacked an alarming amount of times. One year 72 times. That may be the record. When he lost his agility as a scrambler that’s not when he started being a better passer. He was always that. The situation in Minnesota was different. He had cris carter, randy moss, Robert smith and most importantly an OL where he was only sacked 20 times. In Philly he was avg over 50 sacks a season. His rookie season he was sacked 20 times in 6 games. He was sacked 20 in Minny.

Brady is different. I don’t think you have to pass like Brady to make it to the Sb. Jared Goff made it and he’s not Brady. Trent Dilfer made it and he’s not Brady. Eli Manning made it and he’s not Brady. And I mean as far as passers.

Running qbs who can’t read defenses or make all the throws u need a QB to make? Those won’t be too successful. Guys like Cunningham and mcnabb aren’t that. Mcnabb made the SB when he got a legitimate threat at WR named Terrell Owens. His best season ever as a QB. Mcnabb ran when the situation called for it. Much like Pat Mahommes and Russell Wilson. Guys like Vick and Jackson are the QBs you speak of.
    I watched McNabb's entire career and have his jersey. He did have poor WR weapons like alligator arms todd pinkston as his only recieving threat for some years, but overall he was not a great passer. Seen him throw way too many balls into the dirt. He was a tough guy and a scrambler. When he got TO, even with the man giving a super human effort in the SB, McNabb choked. I'm sorry he choked way too many times when the Eagles were monster favorites with supremely elite defenses, o-line, and RB. The only thing he ever lacked was WR, but even when he got a GOAT in Owens, he still choked.

I watched McNabb's entire career and have his jersey. He did have poor WR weapons like alligator arms todd pinkston as his only recieving threat for some years, but overall he was not a great passer. Seen him throw way too many balls into the dirt. He was a tough guy and a scrambler. When he got TO, even with the man giving a super human effort in the SB, McNabb choked. I'm sorry he choked way too many times when the Eagles were monster favorites with supremely elite defenses, o-line, and RB. The only thing he ever lacked was WR, but even when he got a GOAT in Owens, he still choked.
    No disagreement he choked. And ****ed up a good thing with TO. I just didn’t see him as a scrambler. Those dirt balls saved him from throwing interceptions tho. But he definitely wasn’t clutch.

he did have one GOAT clutch moment. 4th and 26

Decent college freshman

He got tired in the SB LOL

TO was the best player on that team

Those McNabb led Eagles. What massive disappointments they were.