Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Lions just raped the Rams

Stafford for Goff, two first round picks, and a 3rd round.

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Lions just raped the Rams

Probably two late firsts.

It's debatable if that's worth the upgrade of Stafford. It is a decent upgrade, and the Rams window to compete is now not in 2025 when those draft picka would be coming into their own as players.

Rams rebuild after this era is going to be tough but I can see why they did it.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It's an understandable win-now move. But if they're going to mortgage the future I wonder how much more they would have to give up to spring for Deshaun Watson? I'm sure the price would be much higher but if you're accepting some tough years may as well go for it big time. And Goff would give Houston a young QB even if he's a massive downgrade that they may want to replace long term.

It’s a lot to give up. Matt Stanford has to get them to the SB now. Anything less is a disappointment. Pretty risky giving up two first rd picks. You build in the draft.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Unless he falls off due to age, Stafford is legit. This makes the rams contenders. Goff sucks.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Lions did the better end of the deal. Idk if I like Stafford on the Rams, Goff didn't have many weapons last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    Lions did the better end of the deal. Idk if I like Stafford on the Rams, Goff didn't have many weapons last year.
    Goff had way more weapons then Stafford. And a defense to get him the ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Rams have a good team and their window is closing. They have had their doubts on Goff for awhile it seems and they made the decision that he wasn’t going to cut it. They might have had to give up more assets because Goffs contract is pretty bad... I think it’s a good move for both teams. Rams increase their chances of win now with an already competitive team. Detroit gets to blow it up and rebuild with more assets.

What has Stafford ever won? Let’s stop acting like he’s an elite QB. 4 winning seasons in his career. The gap between him and Goff isn’t that significant.

Facts Are Misleading

What did Rivers ever win in his career? If you subscribe to this type of criticism you have to also be on the "QB RingZ!!" mindset as well. Don't be inconsistent Mr GoBB.

I'm not blaming Stafford for the shit hole that is Detroit football. When was he ever supposed to legitimately compete for a title?

We just saw Watson go 4-12 while playing absolutely elite football. Isolate the player from the situation.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I agree that judging QBs by W/L is a horrible mindset to have...but my issues with Stafford is that he, as a player, has been pretty inconsistent. Sometimes he looks great, sometimes he doesn't. I'm not sure that I've ever had him in my top-10, and in 11 seasons with the Lions he has 1 ProBowl, in an era where ProBowls have been completely devalued to the point average players get them.

The game plan of 'pushing all in' is fine, but for Stafford?...definitely a questionable move here.

And the Rams will still be the better team come 2023.

Stafford makes this team serious contenders.

Rodgers era has about 2 or 3 years left.

Lions could take over that division if they play their cards right.

When have I ever judged QBs by rings? My posts here are well documented shithead. I think Joe Montana is the goat. People argue Tom Brady is without a doubt the goat due to rings. And if he wins the SB you’ll hear it even louder. But as of today many think the debate is over regardless.

Heck I recently went at the Brady bunch fans in the recent threads here. So miss me with being inconsistent. D Watson has won more than he’s lost. So why did you use him? If Watson had multiple losing seasons despite elite play? Your comment holds weight. Unfortunately it doesn’t. Matt Stafford has been in the NFL for a long time. He’s only been to the post season 3. And hasn’t been spectacular overall. Whole point is Stafford is not that much better than Goff. Yet he commanded so much in value is insane. Plenty of inconsistent play from Matt. Plenty of him only throwing to Megatron and not getting it too other receivers which made it easy for defenses to capitalize off his mistakes (forcing it). One pro bowl in his career. He’s never been elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    And the Rams will still be the better team come 2023.

Stafford makes this team serious contenders.
    How? What does he do so much better than Goff. Is he better? I would say so. But to say serious contenders when Goff has been to the SB is funny to me. It’s all or nothing for Stafford. He will have to show out since he’s on a Sb contender team. We shall see.

I just think it’s way too much value lost.
    Last edited by GOBB; 02-01-2021 at 11:45 AM.