Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Exclamation Stop comparing Aaron Rodgers to Brady

He can’t get it done like Brady

Default Re: Stop comparing Aaron Rodgers to Brady

Brady is one of the most clutch athletes of all-time.

NBA rookie of the year

10 superbowls.

When you make 10 superbowls, no discussions.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I'm team Brady all the way but some of us need to understand that this is a team game. TB won a game where TB threw 3 interceptions. Aaron Rodgers has never been on a team could win a playoff game where he threw three interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I'm team Brady all the way but some of us need to understand that this is a team game. TB won a game where TB threw 3 interceptions. Aaron Rodgers has never been on a team could win a playoff game where he threw three interceptions.
    I mean he has been in a team that won a playoff game with him throwing 2 and no tds

He was on a team that picked off Brady 3 times today and he still couldn't get it done.

NBA Superstar

Why is there no comparison? Rodgers balled out today. He absolutely is the superior quarterback right now and if you watched this game coming away with another take then youÂ’re foolish. Like...you can SEE how good Rodgers was right? You could also see which team played more ferociously on defense and which team had playmakers step up, as opposed to dropping easy touchdowns.

Other things happen on the field. ItÂ’s not Brady vs Rodgers

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Rodgers is the better QB right now, but his douche personality is why I would never pick him over Brady, Brady's leadership skills are superior, he is well liked by his teammates, they will go to war with him. Rodgers has had former teammates come out and say how douche he is, watch his interviews with Pat McAfee every week, he comes off as overly sarcastic and condescending. Stuff like that matters to me, when your leader is well liked that goes a long way, very good for team morale.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Why is there no comparison? Rodgers balled out today. He absolutely is the superior quarterback right now and if you watched this game coming away with another take then youÂ’re foolish. Like...you can SEE how good Rodgers was right? You could also see which team played more ferociously on defense and which team had playmakers step up, as opposed to dropping easy touchdowns.

Other things happen on the field. ItÂ’s not Brady vs Rodgers
    Because Rodgers isn’t clutch. He has no comeback fight gene

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Because Rodgers isn’t clutch. He has no comeback fight gene
    The packers drove down the field and had a chance to tie the game with 2 minutes left but MLF made a bad decision.

And this is after an easy touchdown drop.

Brady plays in NFC for one season. Ties Rodgers with one NFC championship.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Rodgers is the better QB right now, but his douche personality is why I would never pick him over Brady, Brady's leadership skills are superior, he is well liked by his teammates, they will go to war with him. Rodgers has had former teammates come out and say how douche he is, watch his interviews with Pat McAfee every week, he comes off as overly sarcastic and condescending. Stuff like that matters to me, when your leader is well liked that goes a long way, very good for team morale.
    You’re right but for the wrong reasons. Brady has a competitive intensity that isn’t matched by anyone ever really. Michael Jordan and Larry bird are the only guys who can be in the conversation.

Rodgers doesn’t have THAT because he’s more of a jokester. But his interviews with Pat are borderline comedy sets. He just matches the sarcastic energy. By and large, his teammates respect and love him. But it’s different from Brady’s workman-like approach.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    You’re right but for the wrong reasons. Brady has a competitive intensity that isn’t matched by anyone ever really. Michael Jordan and Larry bird are the only guys who can be in the conversation.

Rodgers doesn’t have THAT because he’s more of a jokester. But his interviews with Pat are borderline comedy sets. He just matches the sarcastic energy. By and large, his teammates respect and love him. But it’s different from Brady’s workman-like approach.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Things like this occurred a while ago. My best friend is a packers die hard and believe me, we’ve had this discussion before and I’ve always been in your side. But Aaron is 36 and his energy has completely changed from what it was in say 2013.

Again, I agree that Brady just has an aura about him that creates wins that Rodgers doesn’t have. But Aaron is a funny dude who vibes with his guys.

He built the lead, and none of the picks gave Packers great field position. Brady threw 3 picks and they dropped a bunch of passes in the 2nd half and Rodgers still couldn't do shit. I don't want to hear any excuses when Green Bay dominated the time of possession and still came up short against a bad pass defense without 2 of their safeties.