Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Harden shamelessly rubbing in the Nets' stackedness

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Yeah but, who cares in the end?

What will he have proven?

He's not better this year.

He won't have taken "the next step".

He just joined a team so good they won't have a challenge.

Whats to be proud of? What can he prove?

Im not sure KD or him notice how insignificant this will make them historically.

They will be footnotes.

No one is gonna write legendary tales about how KD or Harden won...

Its stale.

The death of sports and competition.

You're just too short-sighted to see it at the moment.

But it wont give Harden inner satisfaction. Or it shouldnt. Who knows with this stripper fan.

Novak Djokovic once held all 4 grand slams at the same time, and realized, it didnt give him any fulfillment... Federer and Nadal were gone.

And he said he realized its not about the trophies, but about the journey.

This is somethign Kevin Durant and James Harden have not realized, and probably never will.

And the NBA is suffering because of it.
    It could be viewed as unfinished business for KD and Harden. If OKC never traded Harden they would have multiple organic high integrity championships by now.

Thanks, im spitting fcking facts out here with a mind as clear as can be, and these boys are all "no its okay because lebron cant win now!" Haha. IQ.
    Not really. First you said Nets won’t have a challenged. Based on what? Nets defense and bench are issues. Insert kyrie if he ever returns and what does the team look like? 3 guys who I’d their shots not falling chances are they lose the game? Solid.

Legendary tales? How many players have those. And who are telling the tales.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    AW, let's be real...you're widely known to meltdown over anything that can seen as a roadblock to Bron winning a chip. You literally got banned over the Rockets tanking to match-up with the Lakers last season (which horribly backfired on them).

Harden joining KD is extremely exciting for the sport. You acting like they're stacking the deck unfairly against the GOAT and AD + the best defense in the league, is very disingenuous. Who's the current betting favorites for the title this year? It's not the Nets.

The Nets don't have an infallible roster. They don't have perfect defensive players. They just happen to have arguably the two best offensive weapons in the game + another uber-talented player who also happens to be a bit of a head case.

It's not a guarantee one way or another. It's just exciting.
    No its not.

Were you like "Im gonna fawn over KD and Curry playing together, this is so exciting to see!"

?

No, probably not.

This is exciting for you, because youre a Harden fan.

The only reason the Lakers are favored is because of LeBron. A 36 year old is carrying a HUGE load that he should not have to carry. If the GOAT doesnt perform at GOAT levels (unrealistic for a 36 year old), they're coming up short. It all hinges on him. They got trashed by 25 at home to the Nuggets without him last year.

Would it habe been "extremely exciting for the sport" if MJ, Bird and Isiah had teamed up?

Kobe, Dirk, and Nash?

Howard, Wade, and Paul circa 09-10?

No.

Death sentences for the sport and competition.

A cheap cop-out. Voiding true challenges.

There is no learning curve here.

Growth starts where comfort ends.

The baby bird must leave the nest.

The sea turtle must struggle to the sea...

Meanwhile Kay-Dee and Harden be like, lets just join forces with Ky-ree...

No its not.

Were you like "Im gonna fawn over KD and Curry playing together, this is so exciting to see!"

?

No, probably not.

This is exciting for you, because youre a Harden fan.

The only reason the Lakers are favored is because of LeBron. A 36 year old is carrying a HUGE load that he should not have to carry. If the GOAT doesnt perform at GOAT levels (unrealistic for a 36 year old), they're coming up short. It all hinges on him. They got trashed by 25 at home to the Nuggets without him last year.

Would it habe been "extremely exciting for the sport" if MJ, Bird and Isiah had teamed up?

Kobe, Dirk, and Nash?

Howard, Wade, and Paul circa 09-10?

No.

Death sentences for the sport and competition.

A cheap cop-out. Voiding true challenges.

There is no learning curve here.

Growth starts where comfort ends.

The baby bird must leave the nest.

The sea turtle must struggle to the sea...

Meanwhile Kay-Dee and Harden be like, lets just join forces with Ky-ree...
    Meltdown.

Also lol at insinuating LeBron is the only reason the Lakers are good.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Meltdown.

Also lol at insinuating LeBron is the only reason the Lakers are good.
    I'm insinuating he's the only reason they're the strong favorites you absolute pelican.

Will you get anything right today?

The Lakers without LeBron wouldnt make the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I'm insinuating he's the only reason they're the strong favorites you absolute pelican.

Will you get anything right today?

The Lakers without LeBron wouldnt make the playoffs.
    Just like LeBron didn’t make the playoffs without Anthony Davis?

Here's the big problem with everything you're saying. It boils down to your thesis. In your mind, 'this + this is going to make it more difficult for LeBron to win a title this year'.

Okay. So, ultimately you want it to be easier for LeBron, right? And so you're upset at two other players wanting to make the game easier and more enjoyable for themselves...you have to see the irony, right? LeBron could've stayed in Cleveland his whole career, he chose not to, because he wanted to play with better players. As he should have IMO. The game is more fun the more talented and high IQ players you surround yourself with.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to play with other great players. Nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Just like LeBron didn’t make the playoffs without Anthony Davis?
    LeBron without Davis, without Ingram for 20+ games, without Kuzma for 12 games, actually had the Lakers at .500, and at the 4th seed as MVP front-runner before his injury.

None the less, these are just cheap jabs for halfwits.

I dont care if you think LeBron wouldnt make the playoffs in a full year without AD.

The point is, and we both know this, the Lakers without LeBron are lottery trash.

All your other jabbing is for halfwits.

Here's the big problem with everything you're saying. It boils down to your thesis. In your mind, 'this + this is going to make it more difficult for LeBron to win a title this year'.

Okay. So, ultimately you want it to be easier for LeBron, right? And so you're upset at two other players wanting to make the game easier and more enjoyable for themselves...you have to see the irony, right? LeBron could've stayed in Cleveland his whole career, he chose not to, because he wanted to play with better players. As he should have IMO. The game is more fun the more talented and high IQ players you surround yourself with.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to play with other great players. Nothing at all.
    Try to take LeBron and your assumptions about my fandom out of the equation.

See if you have an argument left once you have done.

Or just imagine i was someone who you wouldnt know, and take my words as they are, without reading into it superduper style.

He’ll never get it, don’t waste your time. He just wants to whine.

Try to take LeBron and your assumptions about my fandom out of the equation.

See if you have an argument left once you have done.

Or just imagine i was someone who you wouldnt know, and take my words as they are, without reading into it superduper style.
    Okay, let's say you don't have an ulterior motive about LeBron and I'm just taking your OP at face value...then I have one question for you:

Are you okay with LeBron joining Wade + adding Bosh, joining Kyrie + adding Love, and bringing in AD? And If so, how is that any different than what KD and Harden are doing now?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

LeBron without Davis, without Ingram for 20+ games, without Kuzma for 12 games, actually had the Lakers at .500, and at the 4th seed as MVP front-runner before his injury.

None the less, these are just cheap jabs for halfwits.

I dont care if you think LeBron wouldnt make the playoffs in a full year without AD.

The point is, and we both know this, the Lakers without LeBron are lottery trash.

All your other jabbing is for halfwits.
    My point is if you take off any max player off a contending team there is a good chance they don’t make playoffs. Especially top heavy teams such as the Lakers.

Okay, let's say you don't have an ulterior motive about LeBron and I'm just taking your OP at face value...then I have one question for you:

Are you okay with LeBron joining Wade + adding Bosh, joining Kyrie + adding Love, and bringing in AD? And If so, how is that any different than what KD and Harden are doing now?
    No, LeBron joining Wade and adding Bosh is similar level of cheapness.

Bosh clearly isnt the same level of Kyrie though, neither was the rest of the supporting cast, but its similar level. However Wade greatly declined a year into it, so it never really panned out.

Joining Kyrie and Love was joining a 4-year running lottery team with a hothead in Kyrie, that was talented, but still pretty much just a kid, and an unproven guy in Love who would end up suffering from panic attacks.

None the less, even without those bits of information, Kyrie and Love was no special support or anything that would put another superstar over the top, in a league that had KD/Westbrook/Ibaka, Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors, 60+ win Spurs, etc.

There was no competitive edge here.

And bringing in AD? To a team that cant even stay at .500 without you, and you subtract the best player from that sub 50% winning team (Ingram)?

Again, zero competitive edge. Just a move to be able to compete. Not stack the chips in your favor.

His 3rd best player is friggin Kyle Kuzma. Absolute dead weight is his #2 option

Cmon, you're a hardcore MJ stan who completely lost it last year, nobody takes you serious with anything involving LeBron.
    LMAO

I've been a big Lebron fan over the years. You can check my old posts if you don't believe me. I also wrote articles for why Kareem should be considered GOAT and posted numerous times about Bill Russell as well. I'm definitely not an MJ stan.

Lebron has Davis who is a top 5 player and a super deep team coming off a title. There is absolutely zero excuses. Seriously... There is also no excuses for the Nets. It's championship or bust for both teams IMO.