Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Harden shamelessly rubbing in the Nets' stackedness

Harden is an OG. He won't even have to flop anymore because he's actually playing with a true superstar now.

Always the Lebron fans complaining whenever another superstar teams up..

The idea that players have to win "one certain way" in order to validate whatever narrative fans want to create is the problem in the first place

Basketball is a much more enjoyable sport when you can simply appreciate their on-court talents for what they are. Harden and KD playing together can actually accentuate both players game, not diminish it. It makes basketball sense for them to play together. Understand that and enjoy the show that two of the most talented players in the sport can put on together.

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Yeah, winning a ring with 26/6 on 50+ % shooting Kyrie as your third option, while the second option is Durant/Harden, is truly impressive and will be going down in folklore.

Are you trolling or retarded?
    If you still think Kyrie is anywhere near as valuable as his stats suggest you haven’t been paying attention the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    If you still think Kyrie is anywhere near as valuable as his stats suggest you haven’t been paying attention the last few years.

Not just was that Kyrie as #1 option which won't work, but its been proven he can thrive as #2, and now he isnt even that but #3 while being a better player than what he was as #2 on a title team.

Again, either you are trolling or retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Harden is an OG. He won't even have to flop anymore because he's actually playing with a true superstar now.
    Right because that’s why he was flopping. Didn’t have a true superstar. Dumbest thing I read today. And I havent finished this thread full of dumb shit
    Last edited by GOBB; 01-17-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I usually hit open layups

OP relax.
    Have you forgotten about the Clippers last year? Acting like they've already won yet they won jack shit?

Bro stop making excuses.

Harden and Durant is like Lebron and Davis. Yes Kyrie is better than any Lakers 3rd option but Lakers have way better depth. And besides Kyrie doesn't add a lot of value because his main asset is scoring and I don't think this Nets team needs more scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Right because that’s why he was flipping. Didn’t have a true superstar. Dumbest thing I read today. And I havent finished this thread full of dumb shit
    You're lowkey retarded. And by low-key I mean not low-key at all.

You wanna try making a post that's not terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    The idea that players have to win "one certain way" in order to validate whatever narrative fans want to create is the problem in the first place

Basketball is a much more enjoyable sport when you can simply appreciate their on-court talents for what they are. Harden and KD playing together can actually accentuate both players game, not diminish it. It makes basketball sense for them to play together. Understand that and enjoy the show that two of the most talented players in the sport can put on together.

It's that simple.

Its not about winning only one certain way.

Its the fact that competition loses its point when players team up to create teams that make the outcome never in doubt.

Its the complete opposite of competition and what sports is about.

Nothing is being shown, no new truths are revealed, no confirmations are taking place.

Lets not act like this is the norm. GSW and current BN are outliers. We've had stacked teams before, but usually at an old age, when a bunch of ringless players came together to give it a shot.

Why do you think Jordan and Magic didnt team up? Surely would have made sense in a "basketball sense", right?

But they wanted to carve their own legacy and have meaningful competition.

When one team stacks the deck so hard its not a level playing field anymore, the spirit of sports is gone.

Nobody tunes in to see "NID" (never in doubt). There is nothing organic about this. Usually if stars join each other its when young and unproven, through draft, through natural trades happening (not one player wanting out and giving his destinations), a helping hand to move up the ladder. They make their own way. Here we just have 2-3 finished products be like: lets make this easy.

Like Dame said, you boys is chumps.

Sports won't remain the strictest meritocracy in the world, as long as people like Kevin Durant and James Harden are around.

Anybody can do what KD/Harden/KI are doing.

2 out of the top 3 or 5 best players and another top 10-15 guy teaming up. Yay. Of course that will result in a title with no other team having such set-up.

There is nothing to take away from this. No piece of brilliance applied that got them over the hump over another similarly set-up team. Where is the thrill?

I dont blame you personally much, youre a Harden diehard, youre chomping at the bits. Dont blame you.

But others who arent emotionally involved here, acting like this is not bad for the game? Pathetically obliging.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 01-17-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Bro stop making excuses.

Harden and Durant is like Lebron and Davis. Yes Kyrie is better than any Lakers 3rd option but Lakers have way better depth. And besides Kyrie doesn't add a lot of value because his main asset is scoring and I don't think this Nets team needs more scoring.
    Cmon, you're a hardcore MJ stan who completely lost it last year, nobody takes you serious with anything involving LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Yeah but, who cares in the end?

What will he have proven?

He's not better this year.

He won't have taken "the next step".

He just joined a team so good they won't have a challenge.

Whats to be proud of? What can he prove?

Im not sure KD or him notice how insignificant this will make them historically.

They will be footnotes.

No one is gonna write legendary tales about how KD or Harden won...

Its stale.

The death of sports and competition.

You're just too short-sighted to see it at the moment.

But it wont give Harden inner satisfaction. Or it shouldnt. Who knows with this stripper fan.

Novak Djokovic once held all 4 grand slams at the same time, and realized, it didnt give him any fulfillment... Federer and Nadal were gone.

And he said he realized its not about the trophies, but about the journey.

This is somethign Kevin Durant and James Harden have not realized, and probably never will.

And the NBA is suffering because of it.
    brilliant post, although a bit hypocritical coming from a Lebron fan.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    You're lowkey retarded. And by low-key I mean not low-key at all.

You wanna try making a post that's not terrible?
    You don’t make any sense. You’re posting just to post now. Didn’t think someone would top the dumb post I quoted so fast. Good job shithead

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    brilliant post, although a bit hypocritical coming from a Lebron fan.

Thanks, im spitting fcking facts out here with a mind as clear as can be, and these boys are all "no its okay because lebron cant win now!" Haha. IQ.

AW, let's be real...you're widely known to meltdown over anything that can seen as a roadblock to Bron winning a chip. You literally got banned over the Rockets tanking to match-up with the Lakers last season (which horribly backfired on them).

Harden joining KD is extremely exciting for the sport. You acting like they're stacking the deck unfairly against the GOAT and AD + the best defense in the league, is very disingenuous. Who's the current betting favorites for the title this year? It's not the Nets.

The Nets don't have an infallible roster. They don't have perfect defensive players. They just happen to have arguably the two best offensive weapons in the game + another uber-talented player who also happens to be a bit of a head case.

It's not a guarantee one way or another. It's just exciting.