Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: GOAT Brady: 43 TDs at 43

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The reason why I brought that up is because a year ago we got into a discussion about how you thought Mahomes had a potential to win 8+ super bowls and a season of 45 TDs & 5000 yards would be considered an "off year" for Mahomes. He had 38 TDs & 4700 yards this year, and I really don't consider it an off year, he still put up crazy numbers and to me he is better than current Brady, but I warned you he wasn't going to consistently put up 50 TDS & 5000 yds every single year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...the-GOAT/page5
    Yep, I was way ahead of the curve on Mahomes.

I was calling him the GOAT before anyone else.

Now its obvious he's the best player ever, and even casual fans are caught up now.

After 3 seasons he's gonna have 2 super bowl MVPs, and if not for an injury probably 3 MVP caliber seasons.

GOAT. hes the best player I've ever seen by a mile.

Brady goat. Nuff said.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Name a receiving core better than the Bucs have? Then add Grong, Jones II and Fournette . You would have to be delusional to think he doesn't have help. Still Tom ended the Bucs playoff drought.

Brady's the GOAT and its not close right now. 6 rings speaks for itself.

Coming from a guy who mocked everyone who had Brady in their top 5 QB list and said it was criminal for Lamar Jackson to be left out. How is that looking for you now?
    Learn to read dipshit. The only person I mocked was CelticBaller, and the only reason I mocked him is because he started attacking me after I pointed out that Lamar Jackson (the reigning MVP) should be considered a top 5 QB.

Anyway, considering what happened last weekend I would say it worked out pretty well for me. Lamar Jackson orchestrated a come-back win against an 11-6 team that is designed to play from the lead... meanwhile Brady pulled off a fairly unimpressive win vs a 7-9 opponent who only made the playoffs because they played in one of the worst divisions in NFL history.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Learn to read dipshit. The only person I mocked was CelticBaller, and the only reason I mocked him is because he started attacking me after I pointed out that Lamar Jackson (the reigning MVP) should be considered a top 5 QB.

Anyway, considering what happened last weekend I would say it worked out pretty well for me. Lamar Jackson orchestrated a come-back win against an 11-6 team that is designed to play from the lead... meanwhile Brady pulled off a fairly unimpressive win vs a 7-9 opponent who only made the playoffs because they played in one of the worst divisions in NFL history.
    You called Lamar a good passer when he's only had one 200+ passing yard game in the last 2 months.

Brady having a Lamar Jackson type game but we will hear how special he was.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Brady having a Lamar Jackson type game but we will hear how special he was.
    Lamar: 162 yards and 1 pick 6 to seal the game
    Brady: 200 yards. 2 TDs. & 1 rushing TD

Lamar wishes he had a game like that. Not Brady's best game, but got the job done. He already torched an elite defense last week.

First year with a new team and already leading them to a conference championship game. GOAT!!! Haters irate.

13 AFC Championship Appearances

+

1 NFC Championship Appearance

Damn.

Facts Are Misleading

If you think the Washington Defense is elite that's pretty bad in your part.

They have a great front four on paper and they usually play well, but in that playoff game they barely sniffed Brady. Kudos to the offensive line. Once you erase their only strength on defense, the back seven is BBQ Chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    If you think the Washington Defense is elite that's pretty bad in your part.

They have a great front four on paper and they usually play well, but in that playoff game they barely sniffed Brady. Kudos to the offensive line. Once you erase their only strength on defense, the back seven is BBQ Chicken.
    Coming from a guy who said Tua looked like Steve Young.

Washington had a top 5 defense, that is a fact. Brady threw for more yards against them than any other QB did this season, another fact.

Facts Are Misleading

Let's not act like Tampa defense wasn't the main reason they won today either. They had four turnovers right? Two picks that were back breaking momentum killers in the fourth to basically end it.

Against one of the most prolific offenses of the generation, in their own house. That's why they made the NFC title game. As usual, it's a team game.

Brady didn't so anything today that any number of guys could do. It would be fitting for his defense to give up a 40 Burger next week and lose. Maybe then the obnoxious fans can look at the game in a more logical viewpoint rather than the fandom POV.

Let's not act like Tampa defense wasn't the main reason they won today either. They had four turnovers right? Two picks that were back breaking momentum killers in the fourth to basically end it.

Against one of the most prolific offenses of the generation, in their own house. That's why they made the NFC title game. As usual, it's a team game.
    I agree that the Bucs defense was the #1 reason why they won this game, but lets be honest, that Saints offense has some holes, Michael Thomas is nowhere near 100% and current Brees cant throw a ball past 30 yards without a wobble. This was the best defensive team Brees has ever had, if he had anywhere near the game Brady had, they would have won this game.

Facts Are Misleading

Coming from a guy who said Tua looked like Steve Young.

Washington had a top 5 defense, that is a fact. Brady threw for more yards against them than any other QB did this season, another fact.
    Thanks for bringing that up. Steve Young is a great example of a player, specially a QB that if surrounded by shit offensive talent, will also probably look bad himself. He got to a great team with best in league type talent around him.and voila, he's Steve Young.

When people start viewing that the QB position is a dependant position, than maybe we can start having a real conversation that means something. Throwing out stats, Superbowl wins, etc doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Not everyone gets to play with Tyreke, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, etc.

Some get stuck throwing to Jakeem Grant and Lynn Bowden as their go to guys.

Others get stuck with....well who the **** knows who the Jets have. The point is their shit. You throw Mahommes right now on the Jets and he's not the Mahommes we know today.

Thanks for bringing that up. Steve Young is a great example of a player, specially a QB that if surrounded by shit offensive talent, will also probably look bad himself. He got to a great team with best in league type talent around him.and voila, he's Steve Young.

When people start viewing that the QB position is a dependant position, than maybe we can start having a real conversation that means something. Throwing out stats, Superbowl wins, etc doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Not everyone gets to play with Tyreke, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, etc.

Some get stuck throwing to Jakeem Grant and Lynn Bowden as their go to guys.

Others get stuck with....well who the **** knows who the Jets have. The point is their shit. You throw Mahommes right now on the Jets and he's not the Mahommes we know today.
    All I see is an attempt to excuse your poor evaluation. Fitzpatrick had a better season than Tua with those same weapons, the other rookie Herbert broke passing records for a rookie QB and that was with poor run support and with Allen as his only consistent WR. I'll give Tua a pass since it was only his rookie year, but it's got to be alarming when teammates come out and say they are not impressed with Tua.