Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 Regular season- The tax team

https://www.ksl.com/article/50131555...owout-of-bulls

Due to that long drought, it would have almost felt appropriate for it to end in a very odd way — not with the typical points, rebounds and assists, but with blocks.

would have felt more appropriate if it had been the 3rd most important player in their history

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...-rudy-goberts/

I remember when I was growing up as a young basketball fan in the 2000s being astounded by Mark Eaton’s block numbers. He got 5.6 blocks per game? How was that even possible?

stand cluelessly with your arms up in an era when people lived in the post

“Don’t fall in love with threes, and the reason why I say that is because Rudy Gobert is in the middle. You cannot be afraid to take it to him and attack him in the paint. If you don’t attack him, it’s going to be a long night.”

It’s something that national analysts have picked up, too. Gobert’s not only the league’s best defender — but he might be getting better.
    1 man wrecking crew!

He’s such a treat to watch, though. In my opinion, he’s one of the most fun players to watch in the NBA, because he’s such a savant at everything defensively and yet has such a goofy skillset at everything else. He’s also remarkably effective, and at this moment in time, that max extension he signed looks like a great deal for both sides right now.

yep and most people only love 3's, dunks and triple doubles

Now, it is more likely than not that Ingles will not shoot 50% from three for the rest of the year, and he won’t qualify for this list either. But, that Ingles has his name in this discussion is impressive: those three were all outright shooters, while Ingles has a bit more to his game in terms of playmaking. (I suppose Kerr did too, but in a very different way than Ingles’ pick-and-roll mastery.)

no Kerr didn't. He coould knock down an open shot. Only reason he was around

And at times, his defense has been problematic as well. But I thought that tonight, he was actually quite good on that end, helping the Jazz to defend while they were putting a lot of defensive attention on LaVine.

at times

I think Bogdanovic will be fine, though I acknowledge that he is 31 years old now, and this could be a new, age-related decline. But I think he’ll be able to play himself into a role that really helps the Jazz by the playoffs. It could be as the 20 point-per-game scorer he was last season, but I think a more deferential role is a bit more likely.

He needs to be coming off the bench if they can't or won't trade him

In addition to Drummond, sources said Cleveland has held numerous conversations on JaVale McGee, Larry Nance Jr. and Cedi Osman. With Nance, the Cavaliers’ asking price appears high. The front office is seeking at least a first-round pick for a player whose father once starred for the franchise and who has been a staple of the team in its transition past the LeBron James era.
    – via Jake Fischer @ Bleacher Report

If they'll take some combo of Bojan, Favors or Clarkson give them the 1st and be done with it!

https://kslsports.com/456001/jazz-re...-against-nets/

After narrowly beating the Toronto Raptors on Friday, the Jazz steamrolled the Chicago Bulls Monday night 120-95. The win in Chicago looked remarkably similar to the team’s results during the first half of the season when they buried teams as they ascended to the top of the Western Conference standings.

the D was better against Toronto and Boston too

Gobert will have to prove he can be more successful against the aging Jordan if the Jazz hope to win the opening game of their homestand.

No Durant or Kyrie. This isn't on Rudy. It's a must win

https://kslsports.com/455980/buy-sel...rade-deadline/

Conley has said he likes Utah and seems inclined to re-sign in the summer, but finding an agreeable price tag could be a thornier discussion than some expect. Regardless, the Jazz can’t move the guard without seriously undercutting their championship aspirations, so expect him to stay a Jazzman for the foreseeable future.

Need to pay him period! If it means trading everyone but Gobert do it

Mitchell is only three and a half seasons into his NBA career and is already in the discussion as a top-five Jazz player of all time. Fans should enjoy every second they get to watch him. He’s not going anywhere.

There's at least 4 HOFers and Rudy so no

It’s nearly unfathomable that Bojan Bogdanovic could be on the trade market after how brilliantly he played last season for the Jazz, but after undergoing wrist surgery over the summer, the sharpshooter hasn’t been the same.

It's unfathomable if he's not and that was before he sucked this year

Mix in the fact that he is set to earn nearly $40 million over the next two seasons, and that clearing that money from the books in the next few days would make resigning Conley significantly easier, the idea of moving Bogdanovic becomes that much more palatable.

the fact that they'd be better off with the roster space and Morgan, Oni or Ersan in the lineup is even a better reason

I think people forget how small the Jazz felt without Bojan Bogdanovic in the bubble. He’s not a great defender or rebounder but he’s a big person and I think Quin Snyder likes that to close games.
    Them being small was the front office and COTM fault. Bojan plays small regardless

The Jazz can’t take on just any expiring deal for the forward, as his floor spacing is essential for the Jazz offense. But, if he continues at this lower level of play, he’ll be a target for opposing teams on both sides of the ball in the playoffs.

He's not essential. They roll even with hi sucking or without him like in the bubble

The best version of the Jazz features the Bogdanovic the team saw last season, and that player could return as he continues to put distance between himself and his surgery. However, if any of the team’s main rotational pieces is going to be moved in the next two days, Bogdanovic should be the odds on favorite.

the problem is even at his best I'm not sure he's a positive. They pretty much said they aren't trading their rotation guys. Niang would be 1st I'm afraid

However, at his best, which the Jazz saw for the first two months of the season, Clarkson has the talent to turn a good team into a championship contender.

not a great fit regardless. I'd trade him if I could

The Jazz could sell high on Clarkson now but would be instantly worse without him, plus, he seems destined to win the Sixth Man of the Year Award. His stock should only rise, and he helps the Jazz win games, even with his recent string of inefficiency.

I don't think they'd be worse. Ingles is looking like a 6th man and Oni plays D

Like Clarkson, the Jazz could sell high on Ingles now, but they’d be worse off without him.

in his case likely

But at this point, he shouldn’t be considered untradable, though there likely isn’t much of a market for him.

dump him if you can

At his currently minimum contract, there’s no urgency to explore moving him, and with lower shooting percentages this season, there might not be an enormous market for him for the Jazz to compete with in the summer.

He's going to get paid so I could see trading him

You forgot Hughes. I'd dump him if I could too

https://www.ksl.com/article/50132075...of-close-calls

In 2013-14, Gordon Hayward had four games when he came up just one assist shy of a triple-double, another where he was two assists short, and another where he needed just a single point and a single rebound to reach the elusive stat line.

sorry 2 assists is not close nor is 1 board and 1 point

That's kind of been the case in 2020-21 as well. Gobert officially got the closest on Monday, but there have been plenty of players before him that have been on triple-double watch. Donovan Mitchell finished two assists shy of the mark in one game and two rebounds short in another, and Mike Conley gave it a run with a 14 point, eight rebound, eight assist line. But like so many before them, they've come up short.

10-10-8 games during triple-double drought

"I have incredible confidence in Bojan and the things that he does for our team and he's a big part and an important part of what we do," Snyder said.

sadly

https://www.ksl.com/article/50131654...ic-3-point-run

"It was the first time in a long time I hadn't traveled and gone back to Melbourne and spent time — it's always obviously good to go home but it's a bit harder to find a gym," Ingles said.

buy one!

All those times that Ingles passed up on seemingly open 3s? It could have simply been the case of him not believing he had enough time to actually shoot. This season, you've seen Ingles catch the ball above his head and fire it without ever bringing it down much more often.

not an excuse when he was wide open

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/...novan-mitchell

Even so, the Jazz’s All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell is quick to point out that the Nets are a deep team and that their arsenal also includes the newly acquired Blake Griffin.

oh no!

“Obviously Kyrie is out, K.D. is out, but they still have an MVP over there in James Harden,” Mitchell said after the Jazz’s Monday night win in Chicago. “They’ve got Joe Harris, they’ve got Blake they got a bunch of guys, Bruce Brown’s a hell of a defender so we’ve just got to go out there and be ready. Because you know with those guys being out that’s more shots coming from different areas and we’ve got to be ready to cover them.”

4 guys isn't deep.

After playing the Nets, the Jazz will be at home for a back-to-back set against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday and Saturday before hosting the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday.

Need to win all 4 of those or at least 1 of 2 from Memphis and the others

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/...rfect-antidote

All of which reduces realistic contenders to two or three teams each year; the other teams are there to pad the schedule. In the decade since James took his talents to Miami, every NBA Finals has featured one of those teams — James’ Heat in four of them, James’ Cavaliers in two of them, Durant’s Warriors in three of them, James’ Lakers in one of them.

best players win

not sure he fits unless he's taking Clarkson or Bojan's spot. Rather have Niang at this stage

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/3/24/22...t-james-harden

When it comes to the offensive end, I’m still not so worried. I would really love to see the Jazz throw the him the ball in the post early on in the game to try and build some confidence. I think a large part of his struggles right now are his hesitancy to take the shots he best at, which in turn, push him toward shots he is not-so-good at. Still, for right now, I’m happy to see him working on defense and I look forward to that again tonight.

I'd like to him traded

https://kslsports.com/456068/is-it-d...rade-deadline/

Is It Difficult To Welcome Players To The Jazz At The Trade Deadline?
    yep but they need to do it if they can