Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: "Lebron has to be the best basketball player to ever play" - Alex Caruso

"Has to be" is the key phrase here because he's too young to have ever seen all the other GOAT candidates in their prime and is only basing it on recency bias. I respect his opinion though.

Default Re: "Lebron has to be the best basketball player to ever play" - Alex Caruso

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    That's the funny thing about this all. He's a kid.

Someone made this point on RealGM, but in favor of MJ. But you seem to take the opposite perspective, which is fine. The thing is MJ didn't allow defenses to gather, particularly in late games on in bounds plays.

He literally would catch, react, and within 5-6 seconds the ball would be in the hoop. This threw defenses off and he was able to read defenses almost instantaneously.

To LeBron's credit, you are correct, he gathers what the defense gives him, analyzes, and executes. But I'm unsure as to why that is the preferred method of play.

The triangle offense and consistent ball movement coupled with MJs ability to execute quickly in late games is, in my opinion, a better flow of basketball that has proven results.

The only way LeBron's method works is if you equip enough guys around him (i.e, shooters and elite players/scorers) in order to make his style of play work for the team.

If you prefer the latter rather than the former, then I'm curious as to what makes it so great and in fact better than system ball?
    LeBron literally just won a ring with a team that was built terribly around him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

It's crazy that pros like Caruso are amazing ball players themselves, but can't watch MJ and see that he's way better than Lebron - like Hakeem said - FAR superior

Lebron needs to hold the ball twice as long to produce less

It's obvious by watching and the stats also show this, yet people like lebron's westbrooking... I think they're simply amazed that someone so big can westbrook - and it is remarkable - but it's still a westbrook skillset

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    LeBron literally just won a ring with a team that was built terribly around him
    That's impossible because he played with Wade/Bosh, Kyrie/Love, and Duncan

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    That's impossible because he played with Wade/Bosh, Kyrie/Love, and Duncan
    Lol just recent names of a great era but lack of mvps n no success without lbj is going to put them as second class all time greats . I told someone in 2008 that lebron is magic with Dominique Wilkins athletics learning to play like Jordan . And if he gets the perfect team ( I think 2021-2022 lakers are that team) he could catch bill Russell let alone Jordan if we talkin rangz

Quote Originally Posted by leBron Bieber View Post
    Lol just recent names of a great era but lack of mvps n no success without lbj is going to put them as second class all time greats . I told someone in 2008 that lebron is magic with Dominique Wilkins athletics learning to play like Jordan . And if he gets the perfect team ( I think 2021-2022 lakers are that team) he could catch bill Russell let alone Jordan if we talkin rangz
    Wade was fmvp without lebron

and bosh/kyrie/AD had the same "pre-decision" failures that lebron had.. lebron was embarrassed as a big favorite in 09' and 10' - that's why he started colluding.... REMEMBER???

4 finals MVPs

Bend the knee 3ball

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    4 finals MVPs

Bend the knee 3ball
    4 in 17 years

<

6 in 15

And lebron's rings required either 2 star teammates or a top 3 player teammate

4 in 17 years

<

6 in 15

And lebron's rings required either 2 star teammates or a top 3 player teammate
    bend the knee my boy.

LeCountEveryVote has absolutely decimated every single one of your arguments.

your argument was that he couldnt lead a team to a championship as the best player - you discounted the two heat rings with "buh buh superteam wade and ray allen"

meanwhile he was head and shoulders the best player in the league those 4 years in miami, no one came close.

then 2016. "buh buh kyrie."

then 2020. "buh buh AD."

you lost. 4 finals MVPs means he is the 2nd best player of all-time right now. you argued he wouldn't go down as top-10.

please formally bend the knee. :)

and bosh/kyrie/AD had the same "pre-decision" failures that lebron had.. lebron was embarrassed as a big favorite in 09' and 10' - that's why he started colluding.... REMEMBER???
    crickets

Look how young he was and embarrassing for lebron is losing to a dynasty franchise while pulling the best one man show in decades. kyrie and love had a few seasons now to prove they can still ball and they showed us exactly what we know . Love can score n rebound but defense sucks and kyrie is great but too selfish . AD is Lebrons first gift and it wasn’t through a free agency tactic or anything Ingram is clearly better than kuz now and let’s not even forget how much everyone swore that was the nba future dynasty core being traded and still lebron and ad took the title in year 1 in LA

And iggy got a fmvp . That award is tainted at this point and I thought that after billups honesty

High basketball IQ player knows GOAT basketball IQ.

Caruso was a Jordan stan until he started understanding the game. Why are we not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by leBron Bieber View Post
    And iggy got a fmvp . That award is tainted at this point and I thought that after billups honesty
    Yes the award is tainted.

LeBron deserved FMVP in 2015.

crickets
    Hahaha you know you lost when you have to bring up '09 and '10 - that actually makes your case for mj look worse because jordan never did a thing with scrubs like delonte and varejao

Ahahaha you said mo williams is a more talented basketball player than pippen and tried to argue that as a fact - are you retarded?

Just say it right now. :)

"I 3ball, am a raging hater"