Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Next Gen Pre-Orders?

I landed a PS5 bundle from AntOnline today. System with disc drive, extra controller, Spider-Man, Sackboy, Demons Souls, and The Last of Us 2 PS4 game for some reason, 825.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous View Post
    I landed a PS5 bundle from AntOnline today. System with disc drive, extra controller, Spider-Man, Sackboy, Demons Souls, and The Last of Us 2 PS4 game for some reason, 825.
    That's a sick haul

Best Buy had my PS5 ready for pickup on Black Fri. Ended up snagging Souls, Sackboy and another four used games on Gamestop BOGO deal. (RE3, Red Dead2, TLOU2, Jedi Fallen Order)

BB opened at 5am for curbside pickup but 6am for store shopping. The guy who ran it out to my car said they got in 250 playstations the night before and all were strictly for online orders purchased a week prior. There had to be 100+ ppl camped outside hoping to get PS5/XBX off the shelf in-store. Anxiously watching workers double fisting consoles into ppls trunks. Thinking for sure they'd have enough stock at opening .

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

As someone who managed to get the PS5 at launch

Honestly you're not missing out on much, they're literally zero real PS5 games right now and most games will play the same on the PS4 with more stable frame rates on the PS5 and maybe a few other graphical touchups

Although I'm super impressed with the fan of the PS5 & the overall smoothness of the UI

The console is literally silent even when playing graphically intensive games
    Last edited by Manny98; 12-01-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    As someone who managed to get the PS5 at launch

Honestly you're not missing out on much, they're literally zero real PS5 games right now and most games will play the same on the PS4 with more stable frame rates on the PS5 and maybe a few other graphical touchups

Although I'm super impressed with the fan of the PS5 & the overall smoothness of the UI

The console is literally silent even when playing graphically intensive games
    COD Warzone was real noticeable. Going from base PS4 1080p@30-40fps vs 4K@60+fps. The wifi/LAN speeds actually throttles north of 180mbps vs capped at <100mbps that my old PS4 had. No lag, No latency, no texture pop-ins. It was like buying a new set of golf clubs after using your grandpas the past 7 years.

But yeah next gen games don't really start rolling till 2nd year. Been that way every gen leap

PS4 didn't have any big hits until Bloodborne in 2015. Then Uncharted 4 in 2016, Horizon in 2017. After that they were dropping exclusives like once every couple months. But from 2013-2015 it was basically Battlefield 4 and Metal Gear Solid V that really took advantage of PS4 tech

I fk'n love the PS5, Thorp did you end up getting yours yet?

Got mine last Friday and got it all hooked up. Transfer of all the game data from my 4 took forever over wifi, but it's done. Think I'm gonna grab a top end SSD external HD and move all my PS4 games onto it, then just keep it plugged into the 5 full time. The only games I actually moved already are Fortnite and NHL 21 for my niece.

Spiderman is excellent.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    I fk'n love the PS5, Thorp did you end up getting yours yet?
    What games have you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    What games have you got?
    Just finished Demon Souls, was playing Sackboy in between.

Bout to boot up CP2077 here in a few minutes for the first time

Next big ones for me will be Hitman 3 in Jan and Resident Evil Village in Spring

I got Spiderman, Sackboy, and Demon Souls, and for some reason the bundle came with TLoU2, which I've now bought four times.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

I missed the boat on picking up a ps4 for pennies on the dollar back when people were thinking they'd get a ps5 around launch. Wanted to play fifa and maybe that monster hunter game

I picked up a 2TB ultrafast External SSD and backed up my entire PS4, plugged it into the back of my 5, tucked it underneath, and now I can play all my 4 stuff on my 5 with some upgrades in load times and frame rates. Already saved me some valuable storage space. Sony needs to get on with whitelisting some expandable memory for the 5.

What are these exclusives? Halo?

Use to PC game a lot, sometimes still do but it's usually just FPS multiplayer and only in short bursts. I still have the floppy disc of the original Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem. Lots of Red Alert, Sim City 2000, Age of Empire also

In 2015 I snagged a new TV that came with free PS4 and immediately got hooked on single player games again. Right when Sony really started showering the market in 3rd person heavy story driven titles. I'd cop Horizon or Uncharted or w/e PS exclusive that just released and couch binge through it over a weekend like a Netflix series.

Now when I look at my Steam library all my fav games are cross platform except a few indie titles. OTOH my top Playstation games are hardly ever ported to PC. Then there's Nintendo who charges $60 for mobile games and milking a 30yo franchise, my Switch collects dust.