Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: The NFC least is the worse division I've seen ever

Big wins for New York and Washington. Looks like the cowboys are getting left behind.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Cowboys run defense is giving up yardage at a historically bad pace. And the NFL just announced that the Cowboys-49'ers match that was supposed to be the Sunday night game on Dec 20 has been flexed to noon, replaced by Browns-Giants. You know things are bad when the NFL moves the Cowboys off a prime-time game.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    Cowboys run defense is giving up yardage at a historically bad pace. And the NFL just announced that the Cowboys-49'ers match that was supposed to be the Sunday night game on Dec 20 has been flexed to noon, replaced by Browns-Giants. You know things are bad when the NFL moves the Cowboys off a prime-time game.
    it's one of the worst defenses I've ever seen

I'm not even sure why the run-D is so god awful...Jalen Smith and Vander-Esch? ...that's 2 probowl LBs to stuff the run

can only blame the defensive scheme and play calling...this might be a really short tenure for Mike McCarthy...he's had a ton of unfortunate injuries on offense...but not much excuse for this defense

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: The NFC least is the worst division I've seen ever

I hope the redskins win it. I dislike the giants more as an eagle fan. Cardinals gonna spank them this weekend.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: The NFC least is the worst division I've seen ever

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I hope the redskins win it. I dislike the giants more as an eagle fan. Cardinals gonna spank them this weekend.
    They will. Giants don't have alot of talent and have a tough remaining schedule

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post

I'm not even sure why the run-D is so god awful...Jalen Smith and Vander-Esch? ...that's 2 probowl LBs to stuff the run

can only blame the defensive scheme and play calling...this might be a really short tenure for Mike McCarthy...he's had a ton of unfortunate injuries on offense...but not much excuse for this defense
    Jaylon and LVE have been nowhere near Pro Bowl caliber the past two seasons. This season LVE has been mediocre at best and Smith has been downright bad. Bad enough that there have been serious articles written about the cap implications if the Cowboys just outright release him, even though he's just in the first year of a five-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    Jaylon and LVE have been nowhere near Pro Bowl caliber the past two seasons. This season LVE has been mediocre at best and Smith has been downright bad. Bad enough that there have been serious articles written about the cap implications if the Cowboys just outright release him, even though he's just in the first year of a five-year deal.
    I think LVE has been outright "awful" and Smith "average"...but from past seasons with them, seeing that they are both capable of playing at a high level...it does make think that the main issue is the defense scheming...it is hard to think that those two just flat out suck at football now.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

What's the difference between mike mccarthy and adam gase?

... aaron rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    They just shut down Russell Wilson. I'm sure every other team in the NFC is chomping at the bit, dying to play the Giants in the 1st round! If they win the division of course lol
    no doubt... but the thing about the seahawks is they almost always play at the skill level of their opponents, which often results in choke jobs against teams they are heavily favored against on paper.

6/8 of the seahawks wins this season were 1 score games, the only exceptions are week 1 against the falcons and week 7 against the niners (with Nick Mullen at QB)

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post

In addition to the fact that McCarthy sucks, I think the cowboys defensive problems vs the run are also partially due to the offensive issues and gameflow

The Cowboys were pretty respectable against the run when Dak was healthy (aside from the flukey Cleveland game), but after Dak got hurt the team went from scoring 34ppg to 15. When a team cant effectively move the ball or score on offense, their defense is obviously going to be forced to play heavy minutes, and they're often going to be playing in situations where the opponent is just running out the clock... which helps explain why the Dallas defense has faced the most rush attempts of any team in the league while also facing the least pass attempts.

That said, game flow doesnt really explain why the Cowboys defense has given up 5.1ypc... the Jets are constantly playing from behind too, yet they only allow 3.8 ypc
    Last edited by Nanners; 12-11-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    In addition to the fact that McCarthy sucks, I think the cowboys defensive problems vs the run are also partially due to the offensive issues and gameflow

The Cowboys were pretty respectable against the run when Dak was healthy (aside from the flukey Cleveland game), but after Dak got hurt the team went from scoring 34ppg to 15. When a team cant effectively move the ball or score on offense, their defense is obviously going to be forced to play heavy minutes, and they're often going to be playing in situations where the opponent is just running out the clock... which helps explain why the Dallas defense has faced the most rush attempts of any team in the league while also facing the least pass attempts.

That said, game flow doesnt really explain why the Cowboys defense has given up 5.1ypc... the Jets are constantly playing from behind too, yet they only allow 3.8 ypc
    yep this is probably 'part' of the problem too.

could also be that after the injuries, the team in general just mentally gave up...I mean I doubt many of them are really giving it their all

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    no doubt... but the thing about the seahawks is they almost always play at the skill level of their opponents, which often results in choke jobs against teams they are heavily favored against on paper.

6/8 of the seahawks wins this season were 1 score games, the only exceptions are week 1 against the falcons and week 7 against the niners (with Nick Mullen at QB)
    How are you feeling about the seahawks this week? Redskin defense can create the same kind of problems the giants did.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    How are you feeling about the seahawks this week? Redskin defense can create the same kind of problems the giants did.
    Nevermind
    Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL)
    ����������������: Washington QB Alex Smith (calf) ruled out vs. Seahawks; Dwayne Haskins will start at QB

https://t.co/aagSqXY67y

Twitter•Today at 10:54 AM
    https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/sta...07526885015552

Despite watching almost every Seahawks game for the past ~8 years, I still find it really hard to predict how they are going to perform in any given week... especially now that they dont have a dominant defense.

I would not be remotely surprised if the seahawks choke this week... I also wouldnt be surprised if they win by 20

Considering the Giants just beat the Seahawks with Colt McCoy at QB... I dunno if this really changes things

Washington down 20-3. A 6 win team can win the division Looks like NFC Least is back on the menu